• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Recommend?

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Right, I didn't discover the Zelda series as early as most people. I have completed Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks, I am also working on Twilight Princess (Wii). I plan to buy some more of the zelda titles but I'm not sure which ones. Which Zelda games would you guys and girls recommend for me? I have not got a gamecube but I do have: DS, wii, PS2, gameboy advance! Please, tell me the negatives and positives of the games, and the one(s) you think I should get next!
Bye for now!
~Meego7;)

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I think it somehow depends on what your likes/dislikes are!

Considering graphics, if you want to play a 2D game, for the console I recommend playing aLttP first and then the older ones (LoZ/AoL) because I always found that aLttP is a lot easier, regarding both enemy strength and puzzles.

For the Gameboy (Color) - I don't know if the GBA has a downwards compatibility or not - you can choose between Link's Awakening (which might be a tad easier than aLttP) and the OoA/OoS games. I just started with OoA and from what I've seen is that while using the same engine as LA and adding to it, the dungeons seem a lot easier but the end bosses are a bit harder.

Now to the 3D games besides TP (you should be able to play them all with Virtual Console): OoT is the first 3D game and a "classical" Zelda with many dungeons and fewer sidequests. Majora's Mask is a lot darker, emphasizes much more on sidequests, has less dungeons but harder bosses and is very difficult to complete 100%. I honestly can't say much about Wind Waker, I somewhere played it a few minutes and personally I didn't like it at all (the graphics are very fancy and bright - almost anime-like - and that actually made my eyes hurt after a few minutes) But if you do like anime, a rather light-hearted game, an extremely young looking (I'd guess ~6 years old) Link and - from what I've seen - a very easy gameplay, then you'll probably like it.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
You need to pick up the OoT Original & Master Quest package as well as the Zelda Collection package. Both contain games that are necessary to appreciate the series.

I do also high recommend The Wind Waker. Really, I recommend them all, but start out with those. If you're really busy, then pick up the handheld titles instead for playing on the go. You can buy both the original Zelda and Adventure of Link for GBA, as well as A Link to the Past/FS and The Minish Cap. If you have a Game Boy Advance (not SP), then get the Oracle Games- they're fantastic.

So, it really depends on what you have time for. Like I said, if you're busy, grab a handheld and pop it into your DS (if you have an original or Lite, not the DSi). If you have time to sit down and play, go for Ocarina of Time and play Majora's Mask and The Wind Waker afterwards. Playing them in order will help you understand the details of the series.

TheSerpent

The Happy Mask Salesman
I liked Majora's Mask, the problem is, seeing as you don't have a N64, the only way to get it is to buy it on wiiware, and use a gamecube controller.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I'd tell you to go for Wind Waker, but hey, that's the only game I can really recommend you, that's the only one I have played and not finished. So yeah, Wind Waker for the Cube, cool game. I'm gonna buy it again just so I can finish it, I don't want to be seen as the guy who's never finished a Zelda game. So yeah...

Din Akera

Sniper
You need to pick up the OoT Original & Master Quest package as well as the Zelda Collection package. Both contain games that are necessary to appreciate the series.

Okay, a little off topic, but. Can anyone give me direction on getting my hands on a copy of OoTMQ? I have a gamecube, N64 (yes, i have the original copies of OoT and MM) and a Wii. Help, please?

yotam

Leave the chocolate here
If you're planning to play OoT and WW I recommend you to play OoT first because in the WW they give you memories from OoT, if you'll play the WW and then OoT you'll feel strange like you came back from the future or some thing. plus It's fun to get these memories back. If you don't have n64 you can always download an emulator.

you cannot die without playing oot, you just cant, its depressing to do so at this age where oot exists

M

Mikau

definitely buy ocarina of time in wiiware. all future games after that exept fo TP are based off that. then majoras mask, then wind waker. if you want to go classic, get the original LOZ and Links awakening.

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
1. OoT
2. TP
3. WW
4. MM
5. ST

OoT is something you'd be a fool not to play. It's like the true beginning of video games.

Apple

Crazy Cookie
Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Wind Waker. These were my favorite of all the Zelda games. Each of them have great storylines and gameplay. OoT and MM had some of the best graphics for their time, and Wind Waker still does. I have great memories with all of these games, and I think anyone would enjoy them.

eponafan

Midna fan also
the minish cap is short(story, not side quests, which is long)easy,(second playthrough)and overall fun! my favorite 2D are the oracle games, and 3D is twilight princess. my second favorite 3D is wind waker. almost everyone says oot and mm are the two best games. i personally dont like majoras mask, but i love the concept, Ocarina of time is fun, but i hate almost all the dungeons.but this is just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom