• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What do you NOT want to see in BotW2?

Korok seeds, just, no. Shrines, no again. They were both really fun in BOTW, but I want to see something different, like, maybe some more secret tunnels or caves with really cool weapons inside or something like that.

I don’t get why everyone hates having weapons breaking, like, what?? That’s part of what made botw so cool, cause you could pick between weapons, not just have the master sword, though they could make your weapons last i little longer, I am fine with more weapons in BOTW 2.
Hi Echolight
Good thoughts overall... ...however I am differing at the 'breaking' up of the weapons.
You may find it completely normal ...and why not
I see it as a human psycology thing ..I worked hard , slogged and got it . Nintendo then takes it away from me.
I and many fellow humans ;) ,,,are geared on to the Pavlovian Conditioning. Reward will move the mass. Right now the weapon breaking denies the reward Psychology completely. ......... :)

and

whats the Big Deal for Nintendo, if and when it breaks my 'great flame blade' (same goes for other big weapons too) .... knowing I will go back again to the same place and steal it once again ...and repeat and repeat. I dont see the logic of weapon breaking , and getting them back again till time exists... ...why not keep it simple and save the agony of infinitely & monotonously going back and forth to get the great flameblade ....till Infinity.

at the end of the day this remains my opinion. I can't say what others would like to say on this ....but I do hear that breaking of weapons is something that is getting a little irritating for some.

Last edited:

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Maybe I should reply to my own thread, heh. I don't want BotW2 to keep, or go for, the same tone as the original. The original was peaceful and serene, yet desolate and somewhat bleak.
I want BotW2 to be more... intense - have those mystical, creepy moments hinted at in the trailer be thick and blood-pumping, and afford it's brighter moments, like the sought-after rebuilt towns, to be more springy and cheerful.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I've seen people asking for the same map but... why? Why would you want them to reuse the same map? If they used it as a small part of the world like Zelda 2 did to Zelda 1 sure, or if small parts are remade but it takes place in another area mostly by all means. But honestly just changing the heights of some things and revealing new caves like some people seem really interested in seeing doesn't strike me as a good time.

Traditional dungeons. They were all right up to TWW, but after that, they got too long and tedious. By TP and SS, it felt like the games were entirely centered around dungeons, with everything else being an afterthought. Even worse was how SS removed the overworld and turned the outdoor areas into slow fetch-quest dungeons, yuck. TP suffered from that too, with the Tears of Light sections, albeit to a least extent; at least the non-Twilight areas still functioned are regular outdoor areas. Largely empty outdoor areas, but still.

I enjoyed BotW's shrines far more than TP's and SS's dungeons. They were usually short and never lasted long enough to bore me. That said, I wouldn't mind if they brought back dungeons and made then work like Hyrule Castle in BotW. That was a breath of fresh air (no pun intended).

Last edited:
one more to the List
......say I have 60 Luminous stones (L.S).
so I go & talk to this zora guy who dishes out diamonds for 10 of these L.S. in exchange
I have to go through an agonising 6 times - a complete countdown from 0 to 10 !
something should be done about these over-the-top dialogue ramblings. (Facepalm)

Huh, I thought I'd posted in this thread, but I guess I didn't so here go...

Weapon Breaking. There is simply no reason for any game to have this hellspawn system; in fact, I dare say that the first BotW would have been tolerable without it.
Voice Acting. A few years ago, I was all for this, but if NoA is just gonna half ass it, then forget it.
Empty, overly expansive overworlds. Pretty self explanatory.
A cast full of original donut steel characters. Nobody cares about the grumpy yet loveable Goron patriarch Blarunia. Stick with the cast you already have and actually expand on the world you made.
The tired old stop Ganon and save Hyrule plot. It's a very nice occasion when we're actually able to progress into chapter two, let's not waste it.

Don't want to see a whole sale change to Hyrule from what we had in the previous game initially.

Keep the map. Initially just show time has passed and how Hyrule is recovering now that Gannon is gone. Offer a few ruins to explore that take you places off the larger map. They can perhaps be early dungeons.

Then how about we actually use the Temple of Time? Repair the it travel back to 10,000 years before to recover something that was overlooked or lost. Show the great sea the salt spoke of, show the Zonai, show that the Great Plateau was the original Hyrule Castle, etc. That would be unique way of changing things up, and sort of help players not to get to lost given how big Hyrule is. If they really got into it maybe we could even see a few legacy characters from previous games.

one more to the List :
player should get the ability to mark & edit notes on the map(maybe even voice notes).
Right now I have a marked star on the map , and I have no idea what that star is doing ( is it a quest or a treasure or an interesting location or etc etc). A hinox is a skull , lynel is a bow arrow kinda thing so that;s kinda okay...., then again .. a treasure box, what exact treaure is that I don't remember , is it a drillshaft or some super weapon or just money ....basically after some time ...the icons beome just pointers but to what 'exactly'?
maybe BOTW2 can enhance this marking feature so that a player knows the marker right to the specifics and can make notes too(on the fly) if rqd.

almost everything in BOTW what makes it very different to what the zelda series was before

the formula underwent a rather drastic change and certainly not for the good

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom