• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What do you NOT want to see in BotW2?

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I don't want to see nonlinear dungeons. It removes any sense of progress, because you're going through a checklist. The fact that the Divine Beasts were simply collections of five shrines that just gave you a bit more control of the environment was a fun concept, but very few of the terminals were connected and you were just exploring a large room. It lacked the scale of previous dungeons.

PoeFacedKilla

Hylian Killer Bee
I don't want an entirely new map and I don't want more divine beasts. Let us explore the underworld and maybe expand the desert and icy north but keep the map and make bits of it rebuilt so we have stuff to explore on a map we already know.

And please give us temples again, even if it's just 7 Hyrule castles that aren't linear.

Siphonix

Eater of Worlds
Weapon breaking needs to get gone. I don't want that back at all.
I do not think that it should be ”removed” but I think items should have a higher durability.

Zelda's whining. Zelda's over-characterization as an anime character. Zelda's ass. I'm on the fence about the possibility of her being playable, but my opinion on it is entirely dependent on if she's an annoying presence or not.

I'd say I don't want to see (hear?) voice acting but I doubt they'll drop it. But if they could at least give an option to mute it so I don't have to put it in Russian as an alternative, that'd be nice.
It would be nice to be able to play as Zelda (maybe as a post game?) shoot, maybe even some Linkle?

What do you not want to see in BotW 2
Fanboi / Fangurl requests

As much as we all don't like to admit it, most people have zero idea how to balance feature sets to make a good video game. Many in the industry have no idea either mind you. However Nintendo have a good idea and I hope they just do their own thing. The other reason I say this is most of the people vocal about this are from outside Japan. This matters as Nintendo's games are uniquely Japanese. They are strange, unique and often based on Japanese culture. If this is taken away from Nintendo's games, they will not be as good.

A good example of this is Splatoon 2. It's much less Japanese based than the original game and as a result suffers from it. Many of the unique parts that made the game weird, cool and feel like a product of Japan were removed from the 2nd game.
An example of this done very well of recent is Mario Odyssey - Bowser's Kingdom. That part of the game is a history of Japan all wrapped into one little area. It's amazing and I really like it.

So yeah I don't want to see the wider public suck all the Japanese quirks and Japanese feel from the game.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Beyond a shadow of a doubt, that stupid ass mix of Voice Acting and Text box, so out of place with one another, kept going from cutscene VA and Text boxes, the voices were horrific as if they used bad audio equipment for half of it.

what I find slightly irritating in the current botw is the continuous dialogue sequences.
for e.g, here I am trying to buy and shut a deal with a vendor ,,,even after pressing 'B' (no more service required), the vendor still keeps passing off dialogues ...so it's like 3 more presses after the initial 'B' button , that you finally get rid off the npc.
There are many other examples like this ...players like me want to dwell into the crux and get on with it. But here you are going through too lengthy dialogues which at times can get to the nerves.

My motto : Talk less, act more
maybe this dialogue cutting to the 'essentials' could be something that could be welcoming in forthcoming zelda games. Right now there is just too much (overdose) 'blaH blaH...'

My 2 cents

*PS: -and pl. do away with the weapon breaking system. It really fizzles out the meaning: 'Oh now I have such a Lovely nice juicy weapon...which I have 'earned' through hard work '..........only to see it shatter at some point. Keep the base weapon and let the player upgrade it to its ultimate ferocious form ....like it happens (for e.g) in the Resident evil games ...(and many such more)

-Make the game kind of ''linear'' for non-hard-core zelda - Paying customers.( something with an option at Menu start ...something for all players...something for players who do not want to feel completely lost and clueless)

-do away with the endless rains. Its like now..Oh character is near a cliff or whatever and wants to climb, lets program the rain trigger(facepalm). This too is in super overdoese at present. There are times when I only see Big water drops and shazam thunder on my (botw) weather screen. Nintendo should understand difference between an 'overdose' and 'normalcy'. most of the players I have come across are only groaning because of the incessant rains. Nintendo...make the game 'pleasurable' and not an incessant 'pain' please.

-I am quoting member 'Farore's Chosen' post here : <i>Nintendo needs to learn to item stack so the menu isn't so clunky</i>
100 % agreed.
right now moving from the 'eat my apple' screen to my 'sword' menu-screen is like flipping the Holy Bible , page by page from back to the front. Pleeeeeeeezee...Nintendo ...you have smarter developers than this .

Last edited:
I do not want to see Aunoma doing what he did on tutorial plateau.

Game manual aside, Miyamoto unsnapped the leash and said Go play. Explore. But be back home in time for dinner kids.

Aunoma was like Hey kid. Do you see that giant tower? The one you can't possibly miss because its presence dominates the landscape? It's really important and you need to go there right now.

Thanks for thinking that players are too dumb to investigate an obvious landmark.

I do not want to see Aunoma doing what he did on tutorial plateau.

Game manual aside, Miyamoto unsnapped the leash and said Go play. Explore. But be back home in time for dinner kids.

Aunoma was like Hey kid. Do you see that giant tower? The one you can't possibly miss because its presence dominates the landscape? It's really important and you need to go there right now.

Thanks for thinking that players are too dumb to investigate an obvious landmark.
I'd rather know where my objective is than risk wasting my time. For all the player would know, that tower could have not been important until later on.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
Korok seeds, just, no. Shrines, no again. They were both really fun in BOTW, but I want to see something different, like, maybe some more secret tunnels or caves with really cool weapons inside or something like that.

I don’t get why everyone hates having weapons breaking, like, what?? That’s part of what made botw so cool, cause you could pick between weapons, not just have the master sword, though they could make your weapons last i little longer, I am fine with more weapons in BOTW 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom