• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda What Do You Name Your Character?

What do you name Link?

• Link

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Your Name/initials

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some other important name/word to you

• Other (please elaborate)

• Total voters

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Because both my brother and father play, I usually end up naming my file with my name, just make the distinction. I sometimes leave it as Link, or if I'm familiar with the dialogue I'll put something clever in for fun, though most of the time it is my name.

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
I always title him as Marth, because Marth is my main and favorite Nintendo character. I wished at times I could play him in more than the the few games he's appeared, part of my way of doing that is playing LoZ and naming my 'character' Marth.

But of course I still like Link as well :).

I used to use my own name, though now I stick with Link. However, for the Second Quest in Wind Waker I named him Aryth. I figured since he didn't wear the traditional green clothes he might as well have a unique name too. The name itself I lifted from some fantasy book or other, though I can't recall which. I do remember it was the name of an ocean, though, which seemed to fit WW. It's also pretty close to Aryll, and as such keeps with the fantasy genre tradition of giving siblings similar names.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
I guess the main reason I name him Link instead of my own name is because it's his adventure, he's the one doing all the physical work, so why not let him get the credit for it? ;)

27ジョーカーソン

LOVE AND PEACE
Link. Always. I used to name him Wink so i wouldn't confuse my account with my brother's when i was young but now i always do link. It's who he is, ya know? But I can understand a perspective of using your own name cuz you're supposed to see yourself as the adventurer i guess. I always pretended i was link in real life anyway so I never felt that way. Instead of seeing link as me I saw me as Link. (ah man i just went off on a rant, sorry) So yeah that's why he's link.

Once i was hanging out with my friend and he was playing ALBW and he beat it, so he started a new account to do a three heart run. I kept being annoying to him and he kept going: "Shutup Joe!" so when it came time to pick his name i was like: "you better name him link" (jokingly) and he looks at me, looks at his 3ds, and types "Shutup Joe!" as the name, so everytime someone talked to him we both burst out laughing. good times

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
When I was little and first started playing the games, I used my real name. Of course, having Link called by a girl's name is a bit strange to me now, so ever since I played Link's Awakening, I've just used the default name, Link. It fits the story better. I've also used a few other random names on occasion, such as Nyan for my 3-heart run in LA (because people rarely use your name anyway), Doggy in Majora's Mask because my sister made me (long story), Stupid in The Wind Waker for laughs, and the most ridiculous combination of random symbols I could find in a Skyward Sword file just because my friends and I were having a moment and thought it was hilarious.

My sister always names Link really strange things though.... Totally random-but-somewhat-normal stuff like Seth, to things like Bubbles, Bilbo, Bablo, and the aforementioned Doggy...

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
I don't really envision Zelda as an RPG. I've wanted a stronger story and world-building. This leaves little room for naming your character something out of the ordinary. To me, every incarnation will simply be Link.

I prefer "Link" but my father likes to play as well, so I like to fool with him a little, so I name the awesome protagonist "Mario."

mostly link but if I wanna start a second file, well lately I've been calling him Kasuto because of all the towns that got re represented by characters, Kasuto never was and I always thought it was the coolest sounding name

I always give him something silly, which is often something obscene or profane so I can giggle like a 13 year old about it.

NintendoCN

Team Captain
It depends if its a no death run, Link, a perfect run, Perfect, a 100% run finish, for fun I use a random name generator

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom