• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What do you miss from your childhood?

What things do you miss from your childhood?

Are there any foods or toys that don't get made anymore that you used to love?

Were there any bands around that aren't together anymore, any TV shows that have been discontinued?

What from your childhood do you miss?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Oh man, so much. Friends, having a functional family, playing mario party with my sisters, etc. There is so much I could list here but this post would be hella long so I'll leave it with those.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
Man, there's a few things that get me nostalgic.

I miss the SNES days and N64 days.

Even though I was awkward in elementary school, I still had a ton of fun. Nobody could beat my Pokemon card collection, played video games most days, I could run around without getting too winded, reading Ninja Turtle comics (the original ones by Mirage, which were dope), the days I first picked up a guitar, and the times where R rated movies like Scary Movie were the peak of maturity.

Hell, I even got in trouble at my elementary school because my friends and I watched South Park for the first time, and like idiots we repeated some of the jokes.

That resulted in my mom banning me from watching South Park until high school. :D

Middle school was fun, by that time I hit my growth spurt, my voice already deepened significantly, and the anger that came with puberty (it's awkward times for a lad), all went away. I was decent at skateboarding, and I have fond memories of skating with my cousin all days of summer.

A lotta bruises and scars, and fond memories to go with them.

And then I got braces and glasses.....

High school was mostly fun. I got made fun of for listening to what the emo douches called "butt rock" because I listened to Megadeth, Iron Maiden, and such, and I wasn't too keen on what they were listening to.

Too whiny if you ask me.

Once I was 18, I was basically working already, so I've always been self-reliant.

Sorry, now I'm rambling. What can I say Spirit? You got me all nostalgic now! :)

Saturday morning cartoons. Specifically ones that were actually good.

Buying gaming magazines to hear about new releases for the Gamecube & Gameboy. Then the Wii & DS.

As much as I like directs they don't come with free posters & cool artwork.

I miss the age without social media
This 100%.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Not having that many responsibilities.

That time felt like it moved slower.

Being able to enjoy stuff on a different level.

Not feeling any stress.

The special feeling of playing a new game (it's not quite the same nowadays)

Hanging out more with friends

Pretty much the only thing I miss was being middle-class and not having to constantly worry about money problems.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
They had this chocolate at CO-OP and it was called Fair trade Milk Chocolate and it came in a purple wrapper. It tasted amazing and it was my fave chocolate but they stopped doing that one. There was also Nestle Double Cream chocolate bars which they also stopped doing.

I miss how excited I used to get for things when I was a child. I remember how excited for a Nintendo Wii I was. I don't think anything could give me such excitement these days.

They had this chocolate at CO-OP and it was called Fair trade Milk Chocolate and it came in a purple wrapper. It tasted amazing and it was my fave chocolate but they stopped doing that one. There was also Nestle Double Cream chocolate bars which they also stopped doing.

I miss how excited I used to get for things when I was a child. I remember how excited for a Nintendo Wii I was. I don't think anything could give me such excitement these days.
Cept pugs :)

Reactions: Dio

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I miss having more time for myself and to hang out with friends over spring and summer break, because I didn't have to get a job back then. I fondly remember Summer days filled with hanging out at my friends houses because each of us had something to offer. My backyard had a pool, so we'd swim and play water volleyball. One of our friends had a trampoline in his backyard, and another had a mini ramp that we'd skateboard on. And of course there was a lot of gaming, we used to get a bunch of friends together and we'd play SSB Melee in tournament mode. It was really fun.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Not feeling guilty whenever I do anything. That was sweet.

Potato waffles. They're not gone, I just haven't had them in years.

There was this pudding thing I remember called Gluup or something like that. I think I had it once in 1997 and I've never forgotten it since, it was so nice. Never saw it again...

People telling me I was gorgeous. I had long eyelashes as a child and everyone thought I was lovely. Quite removed from the forest troll I am now.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I miss the GameCube and Wii days.

Wired controllers, composite cables, and the thick instruction manuals that used to come with every game.

Sitting directly in front of the TV to play video games.

The joy of getting and playing a new game.

Being mostly carefree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom