• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What do you miss about high school/primary school, whatever?

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Added primary school and whatever because I know not everyone here is out of high school yet, or even in high school, or perhaps have no fond memories of either and miss college or whatever.

So! Now that you're out of [insert type of school here] what do you miss about it, if anything?

I had a ton of fun being somewhat famous in high school for starting up games of Mario Kart DS during random classes and never getting caught (or the teachers never cared). Good times. Also being able to spend my entire paycheck on pocky and manga while pulling all-nighters all the time with my friends so we can troll online and play video games til the wee hours in the morning. @Naruko ^^

There isn't a lot that I miss about highschool not because it was bad but being adult is just better even with it's downfalls of bills and responsibilities. However I do miss the being able to stay up all night playing games and surfing the web with friends because I could just sleep on the bus to school.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
pretty much nothing apart from some of the people i was close with who i lost track of after we went our separate ways. my junior/senior years of high school were actually really enjoyable but i don't ever find myself pining for the "good old days." my life turned out the way it did because of what i learned about life and myself while there, but i rarely find myself thinking much about those years.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Consistent schedule is my main one. At work there's constantly shifting rotas and work schedules, whereas in school it was just routine. The same every day. And I quite liked that, made planning easy because I 100% know in 6 weeks time I'd be free on a Saturday. Whereas now I have to talk about it, try and get weeks/days off, etc.

And seeing all my friends everyday. I put in the effort to meet up with friends I don't work with or see around, but back in school days I didn't have to. Was nice. :)

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
The only school I could ever say I've "missed" or at least felt nostalgic towards was college. That was the first school where I felt like I properly belonged, and I really enjoyed both the atmosphere and classes I had. The classes were small and we got a lot of individual attention as students, which made for a really good learning environment.

Having said that, I'm generally really happy to be out of school. I like getting home from work and not have to think about homework, tests or whatnot.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
High school girls. Haha just kidding....
That's what I love about highschool girls. I keep getting older and they stay the same age.

Honestly though very little. I hated hated hated middle school and high school was okay at best. Elementary school was **** because I was bored all the time.

Dan

Nothing, I have more of a move on and forget the past, just learn from it attitudes.

I do miss random all nighters, playing video games and trolling. I miss the randomness of AA and all that fun stuff.

I miss the lack of responsibility. And the lack of bills.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Lotta things I love and miss about school and a lotta things I don't as well.

Primary school was just completely stress free. I was so free spirited without a care in the world back then. Your life would literally be about having fun and I loved being stuck inside that bubble. Everyone was cool and life just seemed... happier.

Secondary school has ups and downs for me. Obviously you're going through that period where you think you're older than you actually are, you think you're tougher than you actually are, and you over dramatise every detail. I loved the feeling of being more independent and how you would actually grow up through school. It was an experience, more so akin to a roller coaster. I loved hanging out with friends, experiencing relationships, but there was also consequences that came with that. Getting into multiple fights, petty relationship problems, exams, and dealing with the typical social pressures that come with being a teenager.

I definitely miss school though. Of course there's things I don't like about it and I wish there's some things I didn't do or didn't get involved in, but it's just the overall experience. I miss it in the sense that I liked that time period, but I wouldn't like to go back and experience that journey again.

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
I did my A levels at a Catholic school and they said we couldn't leave school during free lessons, so I miss finding creative ways to escape and regain access without being noticed during free lessons and whenever they tried to make us go to mass.

I use to be a student of Phoenix kindergarten and I really miss those days. The faculty at the school was great and we use to play wonderful games at the school. That was the best part of my life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom