• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What do you like to do to calm yourself and relax?

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
The serious and convoluted example: back during my final years of military service, I hit a super low point and didn't feel in control. I felt like I needed to hit something just so I wouldn't lose my mind when I went back to my barracks room. Since I couldn't punch my leadership and I didn't own a punching bag, I ended up beating the **** out of my fridge and my closet door.

When I arrived at Fort Bliss, I had ten intact sets of knuckles and one relatively untouched refrigerator. When I left, I had nine sets of intact knuckles and one very dented refrigerator.

The short and more fun answer: I like playing Dungeons and Dragons on the weekends and Warhammer Vermintide 2 during my regular gaming time to relieve stress.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
When feeling overwhelmed or stressed out, I generally like to take a break from the situation by escaping into something else, whether it's music, TV/videogames, a book, or a simple conversation with someone. I remember when I was in school, I often felt like I didn't have the time to panic and pity myself because I still had a lot of work to complete, so in those cases I would take a moment to relax by doing things that I still considered productive, like having an early shower or making myself a proper meal. A little self care can go a long way, and it's so important to do so!

D

Deleted member 90890

I listen to music, preferably by the likes of Green Day. I also like me some oldies, and I find myself listening to blues and jazz from over half a century ago these days.

D

Deleted member 90890

I listen to music, usually alternative rock. That, or I watch ASMR videos of people getting a shave at the barber, or having their ear canals cleaned out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom