• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Like the Most About Skyward Sword?

LinkPTY

Skyward Wiimote
Personally, the thing I like the most are the graphics. I like that when you look at the horizon it looks like a painting.

Demise

Army Strong
I love the story telling, the bosses, the intriguing and challenging dungeons, the way you use motion controls(also the best I have ever seen with a Wii game before.), adn the story telling again I just simply loved Skyward Sword and I loved the controls because it made it more complex and more of a mind using game.

I love the romance arc between Link and Zelda, the visual aesthetics, the 1:1 swordplay (though it can get difficult with Bokoblins) and the supporting characters.

Here we are, a few days post release, and I am still in the very begining of the game. Lol. However, the things I loved right off the bat in Skyward sword are the graphics and music. I absolutely love the music in Skyward sword. not to mention the orchestra cd. In love. love it love it love it.

blackenedktulu

Fierce Deity
The art-style
The Zelda-Link romance storyline.
Lanayru province for the following reason:
Every aspect of the time shift stones, what an absolutely amazing concept. Love it! And the ship part in particular.
The return of a certain character from Majora's Mask at night time.
The score, the goddess theme in particular.
Fi's voice (she like a backmasked, Japanese GlaDOS... I love autotune)
The fact that it has taken me over 30 hours, and I'm not done yet. (I finished twilight princess' main storyline and the bug catching in just over 20 hours with no walkthrough, bigger overworld, but nowhere near as dense)

KnowItAllBird

Hero of Time
The way that it shakes up the conventional zelda cycle of (small task, temple next area. Small tasks, temple, next area). Here there is a ton to do between every dungeon, and the formula is disturbed so that there can be more to benefit the story.

For example...
The out of place boss battle in the Sealed Grounds as well as in Skyview temple when running through to get the sacred water.

J

Jellybean

I have barely started playing the other day, but so far, my absolute favorite thing has to be Skyloft. I love all the people, I love how it's a different culture than what we're used to with Hylians, I love how even if the people aren't there for a reason, they are there. It actually seems like a town - kinda like Castle Town from Twilight Princess. However, the biggest difference between Castle Town and Skyloft is that the people in Skyloft know you - they know what you're doing, they know who you are. It feels like a hometown, not just a town. Everyone knows you, you can talk to everyone... It's just so fun to meet all the characters for the first time, because there is a feeling of family, even with Groose, Cawlin and Fledge. I could spend hours in Skyloft just talking. It's so epic!

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Surprisingly, I like flying around the most. I figured it'd be the motion controls, but I just really enjoy flying from island to island and finding random things in the sky. It's really quick end efficient, and I just love it to death.

Blendercat

Riding Suicune
I like the music a lot, but my favorite thing is the usage of motion controls. I especially liked the spider webs in Skyview Temple, where you had to cut a path, or freeing your Loftwing. very fun.

Strangelove

Somewhere
The Controls. A l'il bit hard at first, but I like them. Being able to use the sword and sheild independently is very refreshing considering previous games. You could only either have the sword, or have the sword and sheild, and had little control in my experience. It's quite nice to be able to use both properly.

CrazyforCuckoos

Purveyor of Cuckoos
I love the nice demon guy(you'll find out people who don't know), the dungeons, the fact that you have to do things to get to the dungeon before going into the dungeon.

I DO NOT like the puzzle doors. I hate rotating those pieces and suck at those. The first temple took me 10 minutes to get it into place >_>....

I am Zeldamentally challenged to all the games I play and this one has given me a lot of trouble.

The things I love the most are the little things. The cats that you find around skyloft have real big ears, and you may wonder why. You can throw the cats off the side of skyloft, and they fly back up, by flapping their giant ears. As you go to different shops in the bazaar, the music changes. When you jump off of your loftwing onto a round floating rock, link does a bellyflop and slides off. It's these little aspects of the game that make it mostly satisfying for me.

X

Xylobe

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned the enemy design yet. I personally love that every enemy is engaging and requires thought and strategy to defeat (well, except for Keese, but that's to be expected).

B

bluestormz

I love the story telling, the bosses, the intriguing and challenging dungeons, the way you use motion controls(also the best I have ever seen with a Wii game before.), adn the story telling again I just simply loved Skyward Sword and I loved the controls because it made it more complex and more of a mind using game.

I like the story, cinematics and the motion controls. I do not care for the graphics but I can deal with them. The wii was always underpowered. The Wii U will be much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom