• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Like the Most About Skyward Sword?

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
I love everything in the game so far, but the three things that stand to me as being the best are the stamina meter, motion controls, and boss design. Those three things are what I think are the best things about Skyward Sword so far. I am only halfway through Lanayru Mining Facility, so my opinion could change drastically. Without further ado let's go.

The stamina meter is amazing. I always wondered why Link would walk/run at such a slow pace or even have to roll around to get places faster. The stamina meter makes getting around to places easier. Almost everything you do is affected by the stamina meter, it's awesome. If you run around, climb, and or even use the spin attack to much it, the stamina meter could run low and you would be left unable to do nothing for a few seconds. It adds a whole new layer to the game play and makes the game more fun to play.

The motion controls are fantastic too. I find them to be the most fun controls in the Zelda franchises history to date. It never gets old slashing up some Bokoblins or dicing up some Lizalfos. Unlike Twilight Princess you can't just waggle around to get past enemies in Skyward Sword, you have to plan your attacks and find the enemies weakness. The motion controls are everything in this game, you have to do almost everything with motion controls in some way, shape, and form. Even most of the puzzles play in with the motion controls. The only problem I have with the motion controls is the need to calibrate the Wii remote so often. Other than that minor issue, the motion controls are a dream.

Finally, the boss design. The boss design is fantastic in Skyward Sword. I think these are some of the best bosses I have seen in a game, period. They are really fun to fight and they look awesome and play awesome. Ghirahim is the best first boss I have played in a game. He poses a challenge and is still fun to fight. Scaldera was an interesting battle and was really fun to fight. It felt a lot like the King Dodongo battle, only more fun and challenging. I haven't fought anymore bosses since I'm not that far into the game, but I've heard it gets a lot better.

V

Vaati24895

We Love Skyward Sword !

This is a forum for Skyward Sword and all of its brilliance. Anything you like/love about it leave a comment and describe why you love it. Example, I love the beautiful graphics...etc. If its anything to do with Skyward Sword mention it :)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I love the gameplay. It's absolutely amazing and I don't think anything can beat it besides the good ol' button mashing we're all so used to. Everything about the gameplay is great, even the need to recalibrate every so often.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I love it!! I am still playing it and spend like 4 hours a day to play it and I enjoy exploring everything and fly around with my bird. The idea is fun and I also love Link's voice when he gets hit :lol: Like when he falls down off a cliff or gets burned LOL!!!

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
So much!! I love the upgrade system, difficult but not too difficult, Dashing is fun, Stamina Meter is fun and makes it more challenging. I could go on and on for hours but I think that would take me way to long.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Well, that's a part of the stamina system that I don't quite understand. Link gets tired after doing almost any action, but he can swing his blade for hours on end and never stop for a breather. That doesn't make sense to me, but hey, this IS a Zelda game we're talking about. I love teh stamina system anyway, so it doesn't bother me!

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
I think one general thread on "What we love about SS" will suffice.

*Threads Xinnamerged* (lol it's been a while since I've said that XD)

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Well, that's a part of the stamina system that I don't quite understand. Link gets tired after doing almost any action, but he can swing his blade for hours on end and never stop for a breather. That doesn't make sense to me, but hey, this IS a Zelda game we're talking about. I love teh stamina system anyway, so it doesn't bother me!
When you z target at enemies the stamina meter shows up but when you don't you can keep on swinging your sword as long as you want. That's what happened to me with those pesky enemies

LinkPTY

Skyward Wiimote
Finally!

I beat it an hour ago. Greatest Zelda game ever made. I only wish the final battle would be a little longer, I was hungry for more. Nevertheless, this game is a MASTERPIECE. I loved everything about it. Now I'm off to Hero Mode!

D-Lo G

Author of Short Stories
(There are some SPOILERS in here)
One of the main reasons I play Zelda games: The story and characters. I practically scream every time I see Zelda after a dungeon. My parents always yell "What's wrong?" and I say "Nothing...this game is just awesome." I really like Ghirahim, too. I always tend to like the villians more than anyone else...I'm not sure why.

I remember when Fi was singing the Ballad of the Goddess. I thought it was beautiful. And a couple parts made me laugh, like when Link and Groose fell into Faron Woods.
Overall, it's a great game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom