• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Like the Most About Skyward Sword?

GHIRAHIM. HE. WAS. FABULOUS!!! But on a more serious note, I looked forward to every cutscene with him and the fights were actually intimidating. Hell, I let him steal my sword just to see what he would do! I am sure gonna miss him in other Zelda games thats for sure.

THEM

Your cows are mine!
I'm really liking the upgrade system. Multi-shot slingshot is awesome, upgrading shields is fun, and I love the fully upgraded beetle.

Anubis

The most inactive active
The Story, as well as the graphics.
Especially the graphics since they remind me so much of the Wind Waker.
Though, I do not like the Motion Controls. They're too bugged, it feels like Nintendo rushed the game...
They should have been waiting with releasing it till January for better Motion Control. I'm sure a lot of you don't agree with me because you'd have to wait.
I'm pretty sure that everyone has experienced at least some trouble from the Motion Controls, I've had about 10 Game Overs because of them; Not responding (Like throwing bombs), swinging the other direction and of course, delay.

Maikeru

Piper of Time
The Character Development overall, or for at least the more prominent characters.
Demise.
The Silent Realm.
Timeshift Orbs.

A lot of the really new things were just interesting. I enjoyed everything, swimming for tadtones, going through Eldin Volcano with no items and barely any health.

The overall challenge was fantastic, and the tennis game was great.

I'm sure I have more.

The Art in all its forms.

The game itself looks like a painting. It's absolutely BEAUTIFUL at night, then the music. Everything about the game evokes impressionism, and I could tell for some parts with the music they were going for sort of a french Debussy/Ravel type sound.

I'm not too far into the game yet, but the story and cutscenes are all great.

LinkPTY

Skyward Wiimote
Something I never get bored of is when Link jumps out of Skyloft and calls his neburí (your bird in Spanish). It's just so epic.

I also enjoy flying around in the sky.

There are too many things I like about this game. I just LOVE IT. It exceeded my expectations by far and it feels completely new for me. I like that it's challenging and can get quite difficult sometimes.

The only thing I didn't like about Twilight Princess is that it was too easy. I didn't die once in that game. So far, I've 2 times in Skyward Sword and I just completed the third dungeon.

Bottom line, it is now my favorite Zelda game and my favorite game ever for sure.

Last edited:

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
Timeshift orbs/crystals, music, upgrading system, and the fact that you can ruin people's lives. :lol: JK, but seriously, if you've done the side-quest were you have to deliver the love letter for Cawlin and actually deliver it instead of giving it to the guy in the bathroom, you know what I mean. :P Oh, that and the one with the item-check girl who gets a huge crush on you. If you tell her you just think of her as a shopkeeper... well, yeah. I've already said enough. :lol:

Last edited:
Everything about the game is fantastic so far, but what I like the most is probably the amount of material to cover within the game. I'm about 25 hours in or so and have been taking my time, to say the least, and it seems remarkable that there is just so much to do in the game. Most of all, the game is challenging with its material. I have found that it took me a while to get the hang of the controls and I was really hoping that it wouldn't be as much of a problem as it seemed at first. However, that was more-or-less me being afraid that this super hyped-up game, and one I've personally been waiting for since I bought my Wii, would be less than satisfying. What I've really found out is that the controls, like many other Wii titles, seem sketchy at first, but over time become instinctively fluid and damn near perfect. By the time you figure this out, the game just starts to get challenging enough where you take a step back and go "Whoah, now this is the kinda of challenge I've been waiting for out of a Zelda title for many, many years", and that is certainly not a bad thing in the least.

N

NeoShinryu

I definitely like the new inventory setup. Specifically the limitation of items (meaning there is a much greater need to strategize.
I am also enjoying the slightly different style of boss battles.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
What I love most about the game is the swordplay. Yes, it's frustrating. Yes, you have to recalibrate every once in a while. But, despite those shortcomings I think it is the best of the series, and heralds a new age of Zelda gaming. I miss things like the charged spin attack, but that's okay because of the amazing swordplay (:

D

Doh573

What I loved most about SS was the Silent Realm it caught me completely off guard how suspenseful they made it. They took the worst part of TP and made it one of the most fun parts of SS to the point where I was actively looking forward to each new trial. When you get spotted by a guard or when you run out of time and the sentinels come awake, their heads instantly snapping towards where you are, your heart starts racing it was awesome, even the music they used for it fit the mood perfectly.

Z

Zanondorf

I'm a HUGE fan of the character development; it's definitely the best in the series. I love how there is actually something of character development in Link and definitely the romance arc between Link and Zelda. Oh, and it's HILARIOUS at appropriate moments! This game is sincerely amazing and one of the best (maybe even the best!). My favorite in the series is still Twilight Princess, probably because it was my first Zelda game, but Skyward sword may be my second. The puzzles are intriguing and innovative, but maybe there's a bit too many of them, regardless I love them. I applaud nintendo for the art style, even though I'm not a huge fan of the impressionist-blurriness. All-in-all, it's AMAZING.

M

MajoraRuiz

the dungeon's uniqueness and the implementation of the wii motion plus

G

gamerguy20097

The cutscenes with Fi singing to Links harp playing along with the boss fights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom