• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess What do you Like/Hate about Twilight Princess?

Hey All,

I just beat Twilight Princess!! Here's my "Special Thanks" to those of you who helped me:

Caleb Simpson

........yeah, I used ZD's Video Walkthrough, so he's the only one who helped, really... hmm... maybe that wasn't nessecary... well anyways, I hope that makes you all warm and fuzzy inside, Caleb. :lol: Well anyways, I'm really excited and nervous, excited cuz, well, I beat TP! Check out my "Save Issue" thread on Zelda Game Help to see why I'm nervous. Now to the real part:

This is sort of a followup to my thread "Do You Hate Twilight Princess??". This is where you talk about why you LOVE Twilight Princess, AND the reasons it wasn't your favorite and the other way around (why you hate it or why its your favorite). So basically, this is where you talk about TP, kind of like the TP fan group... but I dind't feel like making a group. So here's mine:

~Graphics
~Controls (but they're a little awkward, so I'm listing them in dislikes too)
~Characters
~Voice Acting (you know, Midna's voice, Link's "hyaaaah!"s, etc.)
~Items
~Dungeons
~Mini-Games

Dislikes

~Controls
~SOME Puzzles (the ones Nintendo could have made better)

Those are the only things I can think of off the top of my head... I'll edit this when I come up with some more. :yes:

~Linkanon~

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
i love it because...it's just SO awesome, great graphics, fun puzzles, brilliant minigames and SO much fun times

bubblecrash

Oh no its back
it took me forever to finish snowpeak cause of the second ice block puzzle and the palace of twilight for everything in it. i've beaten it so many times now that im bored with it :(

For me, I just don't like TPs graphics all too much. It honestly hasn't aged well, just like OoT. Some things I do like about the game are the dungeons, Midna, and the horseback fights.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
I loved TP!
-Dungeons were fun and somewhat challenging
-New Items like Double Clawshot and spinner were cool items that we have never ever seen anything like before
-Mini Games were fun (I liked Hena's Fishing Hole the best!)
-Hyrule Field was HUGE and it was so much fun to just ride Epona and explore.
-Hyrule Castle Town was so big and had tons of buildings, mini games and points of intrest.
-Story was creepy and cool

Dislikes
-Grahpics felt very bland and dull
-All side quest mostly included you to collect things which could get very boring after awhile
-Lack of Side Quests

MasterSwordBoy1

Hero of Pie
I love Twilight Princess!
It has great graphics.
It has cool items.
It has creative dungeons.
It had awesome boss fights. (Especially Stallord.)
And it has fun horseback fights.

I have beat the game like three times and I never really get bored with it. I am doing a new playthrough and this time I will collect all golden bugs for the first time and I will get the Magic Armor...Again! :D

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It's my favourite as well at OOT. Midna was great I really bonded with that character. I also liked the amount of dungeons, and Ganondorf's hair, that was good. The story was also very gripping as I really got into it and was sad when it ended. I also loved the art style.

My dislikes were that it was too easy, especially the final battle and I disliked the collecting of sky symbols. That required no skill and was just tedious. I also disliked that Midi was used for the soundtrack. It would have been much more epic to have a full blown orchestra and choir perform the pieces, in particular Dark beast Ganon's theme could have really done with a choir chanting in the background rather than synthesised sound.

All in all a superb game with few issues. I had a jolly good time playing it the first time, and now 7 playthroughs later I'm still lovin' it.

TheMinish

Hero of the Skies
It's one of my favorite Zelda's to be released. I was such an amazing experience for me. Sure, it could have been harder, the items better and the controls more fine-tuned (FOR WII), but I though it was an unforgettable entry in this immersive franchise.

geek4887

The Unknown
This game was absolutely near perfect. I say near perfect for the obvious reasons which should be stated below
Amazing Art Style-It says it all. The art style for this game was gorgeous. It looks like an anime renaissance kind of thing mixed together, it's beautiful
Gameplay-Ok, so this was kind of iffy, but it's on the likes, just because of the hidden skills. Despite the lack of difficulty, everything still worked (just needed more mini games)
Sorry, this will be edited further on, gotta go! :sweat:

Honestly, the thing I found most irritating would be Talo. He was just one of those characters that made me wanna smack him and say "boy stop being stupid or I'm going to strangle you myself!" I always hated the character in games similar to this. Him not letting you get past unless you do the tutorial is waaaaay more annoying than Navi and her brief explanations. I only dislike him in the beginning however and I think he makes for a good character during the Eldin part of the game and afterwards.

I love Twilight Princess, It has IMO the best story in a Zelda yet, some interesting and fun sidequests, some easy and some hard minigames, some of the deepest characters in the series, the best start IMO in a Zelda game story-wise, the overall best dungeons and Epic but unfortunately very easy boss fights.

S

Shanedarkglade

I liked twilight princess because of how much i got to explore!
The fishing thing was fun to
Being a wolf was pretty cool
The only dislikes were the spin attack controls because my nunchuck didnt do the spin attack :(

Zorth

#Scoundrel
~ Fishing
~ First part of the story
~ Side-quests
~ Wolf
~ Arbiter's Grounds and Spinner
~ The scenery & Graphics
~ New gameplay mechanics
~ Cave of Ordeals
Dislikes:

~ Ganondorf's involvement in the story, I like the character.. But Trolltendo forced him into TP
~ Second part of the story (Where Ganondorf kicks in)
~ How majority of the items become useless after you beat the dungeon they came from, Which brings us to the next point..
~ Trolltendo went with "Quantity before Quality" which brings us to the next point..
~ The pointless dungeons, i.e What was the point of the Temple of Time, Yeti Mansion, City (Ironic to even call it a city) in sky?..

To retrieve Mirror of Twilights so that we could enter the Twilight Realm so that we could find out that Zant was a pathetic Pshycopath so that we could face Ganondorf..
A good portion of the game was solely made just so that we could face Ganondorf and to make the game bigger..

I enjoyed the game, and still do.. It's Zelda.
But there are so many things that could've been made better.

Mickaroo

Call me Micky
Well, Twilight Princess was a very well-made game, in my opinion. Yeah, it could have been better in some spots, but I felt like it was creative and well-executed for the most parts.
I really enjoyed the whole Twilight aspect of the game. It was a pretty new idea, and I really liked how it worked itself into the storyline. I enjoyed being a wolf, loved Midna (thought she was a very developed character), and honestly I didn't find the Tears of Light section that bad.

One thing that bothered me was (like others have stated) the useless items. Items like the Dominion rod were great ideas--but very underused. And while I love the clawshot/hookshot, it seemed very overused. It seems like I never took it off of my screen.

Overall, I thought it was a good game, in my top five. I also played through the first time with ZD's videowalkthrough...haha. But I did beat it a second time 100% without anything! Yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom