• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Like/Dislike About GenGame

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
So far, the things I'm loving are the sites layout, the variety of articles, they don't just focus on one particular genre, GenGame is a great site and I love some of the articles, and some may need a bit more strength, but they're amazing!

As I stated in the previous thread, GenGame does a great job of providing intriguing and opinionated articles which truly keep the reader informed. It's a site by the gamers for the gamers and it's great to see a more general gaming addition to the Dungeon Gaming Network. In terms of site layout itself it aesthetically appears to bland but what matters most is that it gets the job done. My one gripe is that new developments regarding Michael Pachter are reported. Any serious gamer would have discarded that so-called "critic" long ago. In a nutshell, it's fantastic to see DGN expanding both in terms of sites and forum.

Fig

The Altruist
I love GenGAME because it provides a lot of information on upcoming games and events for this year. It is amazing how so much information can be found in just one website. I can't wait for more information to appear into this amazing website! ^^

Dan

The major problem is... Gengame provides nothing any other site can't. I think it should try involving the community more. Like how destructoid does. Asking for well written blogs on a particular new subject, which ever one works best gets frontpaged.

I guess I like the layout...

A

atthemags

Hey everyone, Trevor here from GenGAME, looks like community interaction is the crux of what everyone here wants to see. There are a few things we have cooking to fill that need.
1) GenGAME Live (Twitch.tv/GenGAME) [Already Live] puts you in 1:1 contact with our staff as they play games and discuss.
2) We are publishing discussion pieces like this one: Discussion: Should the Next Zelda Game be Tougher than Majora’s Mask? | GenGAME .
3) We are going to keep an eye on the forums here for excellent forum generated discussions and opinion pieces and feature them front and center on the home page.
4) We have a community Minecraft Server [transferring servers at the moment] where you can play with the community, the writers, and live personalities. Oh, and you can visit Hyrulecraft while you're there!

Stick with us as we grow the site. Even though GenGAME was founded in 2010, the focus on providing breaking gaming news only began a few short weeks ago. I'm not one to make excuses, but comparing us to IGN/Kotaku/DToid is a bit unfair as they are paid to write/produce content on a full time basis--the GenGAME staff works because they are passionate about gaming and the industry that surrounds it.

Keep the comments going, I'll be checking in to read each reply and take notes on what direction we need to take the site.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
GG is great. It's just a great website, better than IGN. I really wish more people knew about the place, though. Making it a part of DGN definatlely hepled it, though. Their information is so much more insightful than IGN's. I don't know how or why, it just is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom