• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What do you have that's sentimental to you?

Ninja

Well well well
There are many material items out there, what is something that you hold dear to you, no matter what it is? It does not have to be something physical, it can be a special movie, a prayer, a poem, etc.

For me, when my father passed this year, he left me his traditional Vietnamese wedding outfit. Due to our difference in size (he's 5'1, I'm 6'), since I can't wear it, I decided to get it professionally cleaned, and have it framed in our house. I also have his ashes next to a picture of him at my wedding, and we light a candle and offer food for him once a week.

Another thing that is very meaningful to me is an old copy of SOCOM II: US Navy Seals for PS2. It was my first online multiplayer game, and I met some of my best friends through there. That was over 18 years ago, and we still talk almost every day. It's amazing how so much "life" happened and we are still there, occasionally jumping on a game and having fun.

What about you guys?

My white violets. I don't have a "favorite" houseplant, but I admittedly have a very special bond with this particular plant because of how long they've been in my care. They're my oldest houseplant, and one that's been hanging out with me for over half my life now. In 2016, they had an extremely close call with a fatal plant disease known as crown rot, and that they managed to survive, means everything to me. It's taken them a few years to get back to their normal selves with their frequent blooms that they used to do, but after recovering from the rot, they had a very small bloom shortly after, almost as if they were just telling me that they're okay, and to thank me for saving them. They've been back to blooming on and off the past two years, and I'm glad they've managed to stick with me all this time.

fb2e32ee36.jpg

Gorozoron

wild ride
This one bear huge bear plush I've had since I was born the thing is a lot less stuffy than it used to be but I still got it might edit in a photo later idk
SI_3DS_PokemonSuperMysteryDungeon_enGB_image1600w.jpg

****load of memories playing this
first game ever too
I hold my copy of the game to my heart and I would never want to lose it in a million years
1630538625961.png
When I was a really young lad I watched this playthrough channel I don't remember the name of it, All I recall is he's really well known in the PVZ community, so the guy played Pokemon Oras and when I watched him I wanted the game so badly
one day my dad got me it at target and I was ****ing hyped
I think I totaled 300 prolly more hours in the game, always played on weekends, like at the summer I played constantly, leveling up random pokemon and trying to learn how they evolved and just travelling the map and finding Mega Stones which would send me on a little quest to find the pokemon who used the stone and then I'd get into a random battle and I still remember the look on my face dude
One of my favorite memories is doing the mauville ship? puzzle, and then when I figured it all out getting the beedrillite's
I'd wake up insanely early in the weekends to catch episodes of the Pokemon x and y anime, I'd play the game while I was watching, fun times
I still got the same copy I got from my dad

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
this might sound corny but my yearbooks from 2nd, 5th, and 8th grade, obviously to look back at my old school and classmates and friends I used to hang out w/ (a few of which I still do), and I regret never getting one for 12th grade but damn it was expensive at the time

game-wise, my original copy of twilight princess for gamecube, since I mentioned on another thread that my mom had thrown away all the gamecube cases I had when I was a kid, miraculously my twilight princess case (and manual) was the only one that survived from my elementary school age, and its one of the childhood games that I have vivid memories first getting

Ninja

Well well well
this might sound corny but my yearbooks from 2nd, 5th, and 8th grade, obviously to look back at my old school and classmates and friends I used to hang out w/ (a few of which I still do), and I regret never getting one for 12th grade but damn it was expensive at the time

Not corny at all man, for a lot of people yearbooks are incredible nostalgic pieces to reflect back on. It's one of the things that are truly timeless and limited in their own way.

Ninja

Well well well
so true, I thought it was a little corny b/c I was describing the whole point of yearbooks, ha

It's really fun to look back at everyone and look at all the trends we were into. Our school went into a BIG emo/scene trend, and the next year it was the preppy look. Definitely a bunch of kids finding themselves lol.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
It's really fun to look back at everyone and look at all the trends we were into. Our school went into a BIG emo/scene trend, and the next year it was the preppy look. Definitely a bunch of kids finding themselves lol.
the common theme I notice in my yearbooks is how skinny my friends and I were, at least comparatively

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
A lila plush bunny I got for Valentine's day years ago. My mom bought it for me because she thought I would like it which I did. Now 22 years have passed and my mom passed away 7 years ago. But my lil bunny still goes with me everywhere I go ( and the last couple if years my plush Lucario joint him). It has such a value to me no money in the world can ever buy.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Probably my homemade Mother Brain (Metroid). When I was little me and my dad were going through the metroid prime trilogy, he would do the action and I would do all the map/puzzle stuff. Anyway, at some point he found a "Houdini's Magic Brain" or something like that, and we decided to turn it into mother brain. I had a lot of fun with that, putting in the eyeball and tuning around the base with a hot glue gun. We went to a church function and were so excited to find silvery plastic forks, the tines of which we used for the spikes on her head. I still have that figure, I keep it in my room and love it to pieces.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I'm not really the type to attach a ton of sentimental value to stuff, but I do have this little wolf plush that I got with Christmas money from my great-grandfather who passed away the following January.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
The ashes of two of my cats that have passed away, Napoleon and Jack. We also have some of Jack's fur clippings, some ornaments with his paw print, and a little plug in light with a sweet saying on it that the vet sent us afterwards. Also the pictures we have of our previous pets.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
I'm not sentimental but my Wall of Neat Stuff houses objects whose origins I'll never forget, like my wooden sea turtle, clay gecko, venom jelly figure, or plastic dinosaur

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom