• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Guys Think About a DARK Zelda Game?

germ1137

Lokomo Ninja
I'm actually a huge fan of the Anime and adorable Link, so if they did make a dark Zelda game, I would sue Nintendo BIG time! I think that It should go as far as Twilight Princess on the realistic scale.

I agree with Brave Huxley. I started playing The Wind Waker when I was six, and I might have never been able to play it again if it was all that gory. But I also think that the music in Ganon's Tower in Wind Waker is some excelent creepy music. It makes you think there's some Moblin about to jump out at you.

Last edited:

Kaiser Kami

Warrior of Kaiser
I would like another dark Zelda game but I will say this TP is not dark...it's not. ST is darker than that and that game is humorous. Reason being
1: Zelda died and is a ghost throught the game.
2: A evil demon midget wants to free a demon king that the spirits of good stopped.
3: The story.
4: The Spirt tower cutsenes and the final battle.

I would like another Zelda game like MM again, that game made you think about everything you did, and going back into time...will they remember me helping them? Will they do something diffrent? Would they even care? those are many questions that can relate to in real life, I'm a careing nice person helping people's problems and saving some of my friends from killing themselves...but I question myself..will they remember me and my words? That's the type of Zelda game I would like something that will mess with your mind.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Dark, in a realistic sense, like TP, I am not a fan of. For me, Zelda = Fansatical, and Fantastical = Not Realistic, which in turn is, not completely bright and happy, but rather somewhere in between - like OoT.
Dark as in creepy, foreboding, etc., like in MM, I am all for, so long as it's done correctly. Obviously, it can be taken too far (for my liking anyway), in which case I wouldn't like it, but it there's a sensible level of seriousness, as well as a nice level of cheery bits, I think it would be a great game, and I'd love to play it.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I agree with Y2K3 here. I think the whole point of Zelda (IMO) is to relax and drift of to another world and freely explore the fun game...not be scared of freaked out. Twilight Princess is a goof game, don't get me wrong, but it does freak me out a bit and I prefer Zelda less dark, definitely. I think Zelda should be free and fun to play for a large age group, classic video game but with new essences too! I haven't yet played Majora's Mask but that look quite dark...I don't dislike the dark games, but I just prefer...lighter games, as it were.

no, no, no don't get me wrong i actually love the idea i mean it's not like great games haven't done the same thing before, i'm more tolerable twards taken game ideas than most people seem to be, and i think it would be awesome to have a Zelda game that ends up being a hack n slash type game

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
There actually have been some very dark Zelda games; MM and LA are both very dark, to be perfectly honest. MM is dark for obvious reasons (what with Armageddon and so forth), but LA is much darker in a more profound sense, in terms of its depth and content. LA does have a great balance of whimsical and sombre moments, so I can see why that might be exempt.

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
I've wanted a REALLY dark zelda for a long time. I want to see a dark side of Link especially.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I think MM and TP are the darkest. MM is apocalyptic! I mean, if you don't win then all of Termina DIES!!! I freak out under pressure so I'm not any good at that game. :p

that would be really cool, I'd like it, but the fact is, Nintendo generally aims towards children, so it probably won't happen. :(

Just picture seeing Link cutting his enemies and seeing the blood gush out. Picture Ganondorf striking Link where it hurts the most, Link goes back to his village and sees Ganon killing a loved one. A game where the adventure really messes with Link's head. I know it sounds like a big departure from the regular. But it could be a one time thing. It would still be Zelda but more cinamatic and really dark. Not Majora's Mask or Twilight Princess dark. REALLY DARK! I can already see Link pulling off more combat and doing more stealth. I can already see him standing on top of Epona and diving off of her onto another enemy knocking em off their horse. I can already see Link interacting with the enviornment. Just picture walking into dungeon and seeing the bodies of failed heroes and seeing the barbaric people who just don't care trying to fight with Link and punishing the innocent.

I don't know about an entire game but I'd rather see it as a scene/machinima played out as written above.:)

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
Eew if it's that gory I won't be able to play it. My mom won't let me and I SO don't do gore.

Don't feel bad though, you're not missing out on much. The purpose of using it is so that it messes with your head more. If used properly however, it can add a nice touch of realism.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom