• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Guys Like to Do for Fun Outside of Music, TV, Video Games, and Internet?

Ganondork

goo
not going to the theater (cinema), rather doing theater. stage props, acting, et cetera. it's a wonderful activity that everyone should participate in, given the time and preparation. most think of it as a joke; i think of it as a way to gain an alternate source of fame.

edit: Gobli is actually very good acting.

You mean theatre on the second point. Theater is where you see movies. Theatre is acting, stagecraft, etc.

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
Yeah, I meant theatre. Acting on stage. I do love it, thank you Choco. ^^ Good to know there's another thespian around.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
You mean theatre on the second point. Theater is where you see movies. Theatre is acting, stagecraft, etc.

Arguing semantics is not going to help you. Theater over here refers to both; the definition simply changes on context. Thank you, and God bless.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I do a lot of things outside of that stuff but I have one hobby that people always think is a bit quite odd, or, not very common at least; I knit. :P It's something my mum taught me when I was younger and something we used to do together, and recently I've been knitting a lot more. Because I have a niece and a nephew now I like to knit them little cardigans or jumpers, and I used to knit all my niece's little booties and bonnets when she was a baby, and wooly hats and scarves for when it was cold. I also did it to help my brothers out because raising a child isn't cheap and babies grow out of clothes so fast, so knitting the clothes was so much cheaper. Everytime something started to get too small for them I'd knit new stuff! Although this has made me the official 'clothes fixer' when I shared this hobby, my boyfriend and brothers constantly give me clothes saying "There's a hole in the pocket, can you fix?" and stuff like that.

I know it's a weird hobby, but it's relaxing and quite peaceful. :)

Sheik

:the:
I enjoy reading, and on certain occasions writing and drawing. I also like to participate in some sports, and I enjoy talking with my friends as well.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I enjoy reading, and on certain occasions writing and drawing. I also like to participate in some sports, and I enjoy talking with my friends as well.
writing and drawing are great activities to master. unlike yours truly, i believe you have the ability to become a master drawer. art is always good to have on ones portfolio as it shows they can escape the terrors of the world for just a couple of moments to enjoy the finer things in life.

as for talking to friends, it is always good to engage the community. however, do not become hard of heart. always donate to the local cause no matter what it's for. this will ensure that the good deeds will heal your soul. thank you and God Bless.

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
I draw a ton and study art history as much as I can, especially on Leonardo da Vinci. I also enjoy reading books, though the frequency in which I read jumps around due to my inability to understand and remember text without taking notes, and tons of them. This means I write by extension, but I am fully aware that I am quite inexperienced at it. I always mean to study the literary arts, but I hardly ever get enough time to do so. I make sigs from time to time, too, but I just haven't been making many as of late.

Garo

Boy Wonder
Well, I'm a filmmaker, which means that the bulk of my time is spent intimately involved with movies in some way or another. When I get free time that isn't being spent honing my craft or preparing for an upcoming production, I tend to indulge in video games or aimlessly browse the internet.

So, if we're going to take making movies as part of the exclusions in the thread title, then I don't like to do anything outside of those things - that's all I do!

I rarely watch movies. No attention span lol.

When I'm not gaming or listening to music, I like to read, write, edit fanfictions as a beta, and I've recently started rugby, which means that when I'm not practicing, I'm going to be jogging. I also play a couple Star Wars DnD campaigns on and off (such a casual) with friends/family, and hang out with friends/family. Oh, and drinking usually plays a big part in that.

On the crafty side, I like to make cards, cook/bake (and would love to learn to can), and like to cross stitch. So no worries about a "weird" hobby Mercedes. We can have a little needlecraft corner for ourselves to needlecraft in.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Do you mean listening to music or playing music? Cause playing music is one of my favorite things to do. I also like sports, specifically Track, always have always will even though I'm not that good. I love watching movies, but that's kinda like TV, well not really, but I think what you meant by the title is what do we do besides electronic things whatsoever. And so in that sense I'd say playing piano, running, and being with friends. I love friends. They're awesome

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
I don't really have much fun outside of Music, TV, Video Games, and internet. I do have fun reading Comic Books, working out, grooming my dog, going to the movies, and sometimes cleaning.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I write stories for fun. I have been very lazy with doing that lately, though. I also like fantasizing about stories in my head that I never actually write down. I spend a couple hours per day doing that. It's one of my favorite activities. I typically listen to music while I fantasize about them, though.

Ganondork

goo
I write stories for fun. I have been very lazy with doing that lately, though. I also like fantasizing about stories in my head that I never actually write down. I spend a couple hours per day doing that. It's one of my favorite activities. I typically listen to music while I fantasize about them, though.

I'd say something similar to this but I don't spend a few hours a day on it. If something interesting comes to mind then I'll think about what I should write. I go through dry spells often, too. Sometimes I can write 8000 words a day, sometimes I scrap everything that comes to mind about 100 words in. Kind of depends on the day, as well as the type of music I'm listening to at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom