• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What do you do with your Master Ball?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
When you receive a Master Ball in a Pokémon game what do you do with it? What have you caught with one in the past?

I’m the type who just basically hoards it in my inventory forever…

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
These days I try and make a point of catching legendaries in the weakest ball possible for the sheer novelty of it, so mine is usually kept in case of emergency.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
In the older games, I'd save it for roaming legendaries, but these days it tends to be just some legendary that just WON'T go into other balls and I just give up and throw the Master Ball instead
:gthrow:

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
As a kid, I just always used it on Mewtwo as I felt it was "his Pokeball" & nobody else's. Only the best for the "most powerful Pokemon"! The only other exception was Mespirit as a teen, because it was just extremely impractical for me to get a team to prevent it from fleeing back then, & I wanted to be done with it so I never had to hunt it again. Everything with Mean Look that I had available was weak to it, & it was driving me nuts. Admittedly I had a bad team at that age, but anyway.

As an adult... I hoard. I don't really like how it looks with the new ball animations in 3D, so I tend to never use it unless it's very comical. I've used it a few times on a shiny Magikarp for example. It's got an M on it, so M for Magikarp, right? There's literally no reason to use it on a shiny like that for me since I always have a False Swipe team now or whatever, but I love people's reactions to seeing it. If I had gotten to that point recently, I would have used my Master Ball on the shiny Zubat I found on my recent replay of SoulSilver & nicknamed her "Mistake" as a personal joke, but sadly it was early game so I only had regular Pokeballs. Really wish I had a Love Ball for her instead. I have a goal to eventually catch a shiny Whiscash in a Master Ball, as W is for Whiscash (says so on his head, /j) & the M on the Master Ball is clearly perfect for him, heehoo.

When you receive a Master Ball in a Pokémon game what do you do with it? What have you caught with one in the past?

I’m the type who just basically hoards it in my inventory forever…
When I was a kid I thought I could use it to catch another trainers Pokémon…so yeah didn’t have that one too long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom