• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What do you do with the minimap?

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
In BotW, do you let the minimap rotate to reflect the camera? Or do you lock it north?

I locked it north because it was super annoying trying to line stuff up otherwise.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
I've done both and it doesn't really matter to me
Locking is probably better because it's a little easier to tell which direction you're going without accidentally mixing east and west

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
When I was first starting out the game I had the normal HUD in play and didn't mess with settings much, so I got used to the mini-map rotating. But as I played on and got used to the controls, and more familar with the map, I went with the Pro HUD instead because it gives such a nice uninterrupted view of the world, and if I want to look at the map I just pull up the map screen.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
When I was first starting out the game I had the normal HUD in play and didn't mess with settings much, so I got used to the mini-map rotating. But as I played on and got used to the controls, and more familar with the map, I went with the Pro HUD instead because it gives such a nice uninterrupted view of the world, and if I want to look at the map I just pull up the map screen.
Pulling up the map does break the flow of gameplay somewhat but that's already a normal part of botw with eating and breaking weapons

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Honestly, I didn't give it much thought. After a while I ended up switching to the pro HUD and never looked back. It's the best way to experience the game, IMHO. Much more immersive that way.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I had it locked in the beginning, but I turned off the HUD once I beat the game and never turned it back son, so it's not an issue anymore, lol. But I definitely agree that the minimap rotating could be disorienting. Was a lot better when it stayed in place.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I tend to lock it in, because I have thought I've been go north only to discover i'm not waaaaay too many times. But after playing the game for so long, I never even look at it anymore. I actually hadn't noticed you can make it go away. But anyway, I feel like to try and not use it in the beginning, and have to open up the larger map every time you needed to go somewhere would have been a serious handicap. So nice idea, Nintendo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom