• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Do when You're Depressed?

donkey kong

Juicy pants.
The title is self explanatory so, what do you do when you're depressed? I listen to the song of healing and believe it or not it helps me get over my depression.

Spending time with my children cheers me up... Also putting things into perspective is helpful.. often times the thing you are stressing about is not actually as bad as it first seems and you find that you are actually stronger than you thought and deal with the problem. But some things are beyond your control and you have to make peace with the things you can not change and enjoy the things you have and that you can make better.

I eat copious amounts of junk food, which is not a good thing. It is a bad habit I plan to break in the very near future. Also there's calming music, preferably from videogames. I listen to calming video game music to help me get over a slump, because it allows me to immerse myself into the scene or setting where the music plays. The video game, Final Fantasy X-2, for example, has a location called the Farplane. It is essentially a fantasy world equivalent to our real world's idea of heaven. When I hear the music that plays there, I always imagine myself there - in that heaven, lying in the lush fields of grass and flowery fields with crisp blue skies, and not a worry in the world. This kind of music offers an escape for me - from any hardships or problems - if only for a little while.

Last edited by a moderator:

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
Usually I just think about the problem thats making me depressed over and over again and I think about why it's making me feel that way and if there's an easy solution to the problem. Listening to very positive music also helps accompanied by telling yourself positive thoughts and that you'll be okay. :)

When I'm depressed, I typically feel a lot better when I vent to friends. Getting whatever it is I'm thinking about off my mind helps me put things in perspective. :D

CrazyforCuckoos

Purveyor of Cuckoos
[video=youtube;463Us587Z9o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=463Us587Z9o[/video] THIS :D and other music. Additionally I'll write or vent to my friends on Facebook.

I go for a walk outside. While I'm out there, I think of new ideas for games or stories, among other things. Other times I talk to my friends on Facebook.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Well I take a walk, cry or think about my depressions. Some times I want to cry but I can't, sometimes I want to take a walk but I can't, but I can always think, thinking never stops with me, I'm always thinking about something. Nothing ever seems to get off my mind. I also sometimes think about something and then start crying. Crying seems to help me all the time.

Conor

the over analysing guy
I normally explain what it is to my girlfriend, then she'll talk to me about it and I'll feel better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom