• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Do when There's No Electricity?

Well, this is ironic. I might be losing my electricity today. :P

Hmm... I dunno. As long as the sun's still up/I have light, there are all kinds of things I could do that I don't usually because I'm either busy or I forget. I have tons of creative projects that I always meant to go back to and never finished. Maybe today will be the day!

If I can't see because it's dark, then I guess I could just go take the dogs for a long walk around town.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
Light some candles, read a book, play cards, go outside, draw, sleep, eat, and drain the remaining battery life on my devices.

octorok74

TETTAC
My family will light some candles and they go in the kitchen, living room, and the two bathrooms. And then we sit down and start playing board games. Generally CLUE or maybe blackjack.

Lord Vain

Dawn of a New Day
More often than not when the electricity is out I'll just play on my 3DS, however if it happens at night some candles will be lit to slightly illuminate the various rooms in the house and I will also have a flashlight of some sort on me because useful.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
My house runs on a top-up metre so the power going out is a fairly common occurance for us. When this happens, I generally go and get more credit on the key and then everything comes back on. If for some reason getting more credit is not an option, then I genrally sit and read for a while until such time as I can go get more credit.

Fede-hime

All about the treasure
I read. I have battery powered book lights; so there's no problem if it happens at night. Or if I don't feel like reading, I do have a DS and plenty of games to go with it.

Deeds

no text
I've never had no electricity for more then 30 minutes. Ever. I just slept through that period, that's the best thing to do.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Joke's on me; this morning the power went out (not even 15 minutes after I posted my first reply) and guess what I did to pass the time? Rather than get ready for school, I played video games. Lol I am so silly.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Oh, wow. Everyone can answer this with such certainty, whereas I literally cannot remember the last time I went without electricity. It must have been three or four years ago, at least. I, uh... I guess I'd read a book. I have about a dozen booklights, so I wouldn't need to worry about that at night, though I'd probably go to bed early anyway. Well, realistically, I'd remain on my iPad until power ran out, then 3DS, then DSi, then GBA, and replace the batteries on the GBA every time I ran out of power.

I'd probably catch up on some writing, too, such as my fanfics. Or maybe I'd actually do my homework for once. Wouldn't that be something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom