• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Do when There's No Electricity?

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Obligatory: I searched the exact question and found no matches going back three pages of results, so, if there is a similar thread, I apologise...

Recently, I experienced a 30hr power failure due to flooding and it got me thinking that in modern society we rely rather heavily on electricity to help keep us entertained.

So, when the power goes out for hours at a time, what do you do (Especially at night when it's difficult to even read)?

Last edited:

Night Owl

~Momentai
Light candles, play card/board games, go out side, etc.
I go camping a lot with out electricity, so I'd do things I do while camping.
If the power goes out at night, I'd just go to bed.

I'd like to think I would be able to survive years without electricity.

toonlink

Most Active Inactive User
If during the day, I'd play card games or eat. If at night, I would panic and grab all the light sources possible and pray the Slender Man won't get me. While playing card games.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
I would sleep, no matter if it's morning or night. No electricity could sometimes mean doing nothing to me, so sleeping is always the best option.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I typically go to sleep in hopes that the power goes back on; you're right in that I practically depend on electricity to feed my "fun" in my life. It's not good for me and honestly I have to branchout if I want to be successful.

Recently I've been taking to riding my skateboard; nothing professional and in fact I'm still a beginner. I've also done a myriad of bike riding courses so, with time, I should be proficient enough to not kill myself. I could do those two things when the power is out! :3

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Well, if it's night, I'd probably go for a walk/run and then sleep. If it's during the day, I'll probably still get out of the house, and just explore for a long while. If I got back to no electricity still, I'd pick up a book and read, or do some cleaning.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
If it was night, I'd probably exhaust the remaining battery time on my electronic devices and try to sleep. If it was day I'd pick up my books and read, if I had people around, I'd suggest playing cards or board games, I might decide to draw. Sadly, I do depend quite a lot on electricity, but that's the way things are now.

TheRizardon

poog tnalp yknuhc
Just a little 30hr power outage? My family and I have been without power for 2 weeks before. It was because my Dad was low on money and couldn't pay the bill until he got payed again.

Anyway, what I usually do is play Monopoly with my siblings, make up stories, and sleep.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Use my laptop. I know for a fact this one works fully or go to sleep if it happens at night/evening. I never need electricity or light if I want to sleep. I sleep very well. During the day it won't be a problem since I'm always off to work

bunny

birb overlord
Well, if it goes out because of a storm, I usually go out with my dad and try to find the heart of that storm. My dad has a lot of different hobbies, and storm chasing is one of them. He really gets into to it, too. I always learn a lot and have tons of fun when I go with him. He's also told me he loves my company.

If it goes out for some other reason, I'll just play my 3DS, draw, read a book, or light a bunch of candles. My parents hate candles, and the power going out is a great excuse to use them. xD Oh, and sometimes I'll take a nap, but the power doesn't go out very often, so I prefer to stay awake and enjoy the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom