• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What do you do to calm yourself?

LucarioMaster

lucario shoen
I just bottle up my emotions. When I need to let them out, I will do any of these:
1. Play a game like Star Wars Battlefront II or Super Smash Bros. Brawl
2. Listen to some selections from Wind Waker (The "intense" ones help me steam out the emotions, such as Second Maritime Battle, Gohma Second Half, Gohdan, etc.)
3. Ride my bike/scooter. It helps me remove some adrenaline in my system.
4. Go on these forums. I find the members of this site, on the shoutbox, very kind with my problems. I thank you...
5. Just bottle it back up. Remember, it does burst at some point, but I manage to enlarge the size of the bottle. Only had one anger explosion in the 4 years I have been bottling it up.

ya same here but nothing gets rid of it (unless im boxing some one or playing call of duty)
ya when my anger get larger it keeps bottling up (into a hammerspace area)
but it never bursts, unless something extemly angers me then it bursts then nothing can stop me, only time can stop me

I just walk away from everybody. (But this doesn't work because every one comes to me:()
Or I would just play video games, go on the internet, or just go to bed.:D

Amelie

Air Dancer
Lately when I need to calm down.. I have been so ill that I just lay down in bed to take a nap. I have been going out and walking though and just maybe ranting to myself about what I am upset about.. which is something I have never done before to calm myself.. it seems to work very good ^^

Kybyrian

I just sit and do nothing. I kind of take a nap, I guess, but a lot of times I'm not actually asleep. It's really the only thing I do to calm myself, besides going outside.

Vincent

Retired Super Mod and HK
There are times when I get really really really... really really angry..... I usually combat that by playing a video game.... but if it's the video game that causes it.... anime does the trick.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
Going for a good half-hour walk does it for me. I usually end up humming a string of Zelda themes as I go too (not aloud, but in my head) and that tends to even things out for me.

If I can't go for a walk right then, I put on music. Anything will do really, just as long as I pay attention to it enough for it to wash over the anger.

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
I go to my backyard and lay in the grass. I have this stream behind my house and the noise of the water and the smell of the grass calms me. If I am really stressed out and need to majorly calm down, I'll just go to sleep for a couple of hours or eat my favorite snack ( t-t-t-trrraiiilllmmmiiixxx). In the past I have listened to recorded nature sounds to calm me, or just read a good book :)

Made_Of_Win

Hugh Jackman's Boxers
Another thing I like to do: I have a great imagination so I "go places", like the beach, and pretend I am laying on a towel in the sun and listening to birds and the waves.

General Lee

Classic Gamer
I sometimes will play a game of CoD (A good way to I guess kill someone without actually "killing" them) Or Ill sit and think about things or go for a walk. Listening to music is also pretty effective, but as long as I don't listen to anything too heavy, then that usually will just make it worse .:P

bellum

Gamer since age 2
Actually, I'll just either go on ZD and mess around, or I'll time myself going through the cave of ordeals. At school, I'm not sure what I'll do. I've fallen asleep in school before.

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
I'm a genuinely mellow guy, but when I'm upset I need to break something.

I've broken lots of things, but I try to keep it as cheap as possible. Sometimes, I'll just rip paper, or chew on pens or wads of gum (like gnaw, and rip, and tear. not like a nervous tick) but I've torn my own shirts before, and even split a PS2 controller down the middle. Like, straight down the center, between the start and select buttons.

I like to use all my force and punch, knee, elbow, etc. etc. really solid things; like things that won't break. lol. It's less of a risk on my wallet, and I've never hurt myself doing it before, so until I do I think it'll suffice.

I used to wrestle in high school, and now I break things... I think I need to find a new sport. haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom