• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What do you do to calm yourself?

EponaOwns

The Real Master of Epona
Well what I do to make me calm is the total opposite of calm. Usually I run into my room and scream into my pillow or punch it till the fluff comes outXD!!! Then I like to wait in my room and just think about stuff, hide under my covers while I think though. Then I like to turn on some Beatles music just so I can sing and forget about it. :) After that I go outside and climb my apple tree. Maybe pick some apples (the rotton ones) and hit them with my tennis racket. After that I bike ride. Maybe do another kind of sport. :)

MajoraKing12

Perfect Harmony
You are referring to the question in the topic? The topic is asking when you become upset and need to calm down, what do you do to relax and become calm.

Oh now I get it, thanks. What I do is play a video game, listen to some music or just sit in my bed and think about stuff thats important to me.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
When i'm frustrated or mad, i do a lot of things.
1. Play (agressive) fighting games. (mostly mortal kombat)
2. Listen to hard music. (mostly rock, trance or techno with a hard bass)
3. Break something. (things that are not important)
4. Punch the wall. (one time i brused it and one time it went a little bloody)
I also do that, as well as starting to cry, after that i get very calm, or take a candle bath... i am a bit girlie, sometimes xD

kpllk

The future pro yoyoer
When i'm frustrated or mad, i do a lot of things.
1. Play (agressive) fighting games. (mostly mortal kombat)
2. Listen to hard music. (mostly rock, trance or techno with a hard bass)
3. Break something. (things that are not important)
4. Punch the wall. (one time i brused it and one time it went a little bloody)
5. Smoke a tabbaco. (i really need to quit)

Tobbaco isn't THAT bad if you don't do it very often. Breaking stuff and punching the wall are good ones. I forgot to say that.

I also forgot to say something else. I will either invite someone over my house, or I will go over someones house. Playing and having fun with other people makes me forget I was ever mad.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I don't need to calm my self often, because i'm calm all the time (eventhough i drink one litre of diet coke a day, which has a lot of cafeine). If I really get upset or frustrated, i'll start swearing and start a whole conversation with myself. And sometimes an agressive game or some chocolate helps a lot too.

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
Like Linkman8, I don't show my anger very often. I can think of only a few times when I showed just how mad I was.

To calm myself down, I usually exercise, listen to music, play video games, or go online. All of those seem to calm me down a lot.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Like Linkman8, I don't show my anger very often. I can think of only a few times when I showed just how mad I was.

To calm myself down, I usually exercise, listen to music, play video games, or go online. All of those seem to calm me down a lot.

I also don 't show my anger very often.
But yeah it may be a good thing or a bad thing.

Having patience or endure your anger is a good thing.

But bottiling all that anger up until your limit, you discharge all of your anger.
Ever heard of " To be blind by anger" ? well basicly thats it, you don 't see anything until you vented all of you anger.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I dont get angry all too often, but when I DO get pissed off, by George do I get pissed off ;) Im not counting game-rage here, I get awfully competitive on games so they dont usually calm me down. Work me up if anything =D

I find that sitting in my bedroom and reading a good book is always a good thing if I'm genuinly very annoyed. Reading Brisingr at the moment so I've got over 700 pages of calm-ness continuing to head my way :p

Other than that, venting on Skype or LoZ tends to work very well too; lot of people are on LoZ who have always been very good listeners hang around Skype a lot so I tend to just shout and be ticked off at them. Not AT them, really, but at everything. Venting helps =P. <3

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
I barely show my anger or sadness like linkman and hobbit, But when I do.. I do these things.
1. Listen to rock music with heavy bass.
2. rock out on my bass.
3. sit and think about the problem.
4. Play my favorite video games.

Mercedes, I assume you say by George after one of the King Georges, do ya have a specific King? =D

And to add onto my list, listen to You Tube too. I mean they have a lot of great songs on there, which of course makes me happy. But then I get into the Legend of Zelda Music and it makes me sad again.

Petman1325

Poe Catcher
I just bottle up my emotions. When I need to let them out, I will do any of these:
1. Play a game like Star Wars Battlefront II or Super Smash Bros. Brawl
2. Listen to some selections from Wind Waker (The "intense" ones help me steam out the emotions, such as Second Maritime Battle, Gohma Second Half, Gohdan, etc.)
3. Ride my bike/scooter. It helps me remove some adrenaline in my system.
4. Go on these forums. I find the members of this site, on the shoutbox, very kind with my problems. I thank you...
5. Just bottle it back up. Remember, it does burst at some point, but I manage to enlarge the size of the bottle. Only had one anger explosion in the 4 years I have been bottling it up.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
When I was younger I had quite a temper and had to shout out or punch something very hard until I got exhausted. Gladly those days are over and a long walk in the woods or some excercise will do it, some music can also be relaxing nowadays.

I will always try to find a place where I can be by myself. I might read a book, play a game, go in the internet, or watch TV. If I'm in a place where I can't do any of those then I try to take deep breaths. I also listen to music.

LinkOwnsYou

LINK MAH BOI!!!
I bottle up my emotions, I don't show my anger too often, when i'm really angry I actually put a pillow in my face and start crying silently (I know it sounds really dramatic but it actually calm me down) and then I eat like 3 triple chocolate muffins. Or I play SSBB.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I"ll usually work on MM for a few minutes but if I have something like a headache I either get some medicene or put something on my forehead and the pain always goes away and that's basically it but I would sometimes like just listen to music or rest or something like that to fell more calm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom