• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What do you do for a living?

Ninja

Well well well
Hey all.

Searched for this here but couldn't pull up anything..

For me, I'm in the food service industry, it's extremely popular here in Vegas. I'm an Assistant GM for a chain of restaurants across Nevada and Utah, about 10 stores in total. I don't have to travel much but it's great to hit the road, or air, and visit the stores and see how each of them compare.

Obviously some of the drawbacks is longer than usual hours, and being the middleman between operations and the corporate office. I find myself having to be a jack-of-all-trades. However the pay is very decent and we can be comfortable.

How about you guys?

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
You know those "scalpers" everyone complains about because they buy up limited edition or poorly stocked stuff before everyone else and resell it at inflated prices? I'm one of those guys. Even other scalpers don't like me, because I always undercut them by enough to make sure I sell more than they do, rather than going along with the trending market value. I sell used stuff I don't need anymore to get extra cash. I always go to jury duty whenever I'm summoned, which sometimes results in me getting paid to sit on a jury. Finally, I search the Internet using Bing and get gift cards or vouchers for the Windows Store or Amazon (which is nice because it gives you more points for the purchase as a perk), and use a lot of those websites that give you points for watching advertisements and filling out surveys. I was really annoyed when Facebook made it against their TOS for people to pay or reward you for liking their pages, because I was getting a lot of stuff doing that before.

I'm very careful and patient with my money, and I often use it to buy discounted gift cards that no one wants in an attempt to stretch each dollar further. I also take advantage of free shipping on websites by waiting until I have enough items in my cart to buy several things at once.

I don't have an actual job, but I make enough money to fund my video game habit and help my Mom out a little by doing that.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
You know those "scalpers" everyone complains about because they buy up limited edition or poorly stocked stuff before everyone else and resell it at inflated prices? I'm one of those guys.

I swear to Yahweh that if you take all the SNES Minis :grean:

200_s.gif

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I study music performance at a university full time throughout the year, but during the off period in the summer, I work at a local burger joint as a line cook. It pays decent and I love the people I work with, so I can't complain.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I'm a veterinary nurse, I love my job and can't imagine doing anything else even though I get peed on pooped on bitten scratched and yelled at by owners because they think we run an NHS for their pet. I'm also studying canine behaviour and training and run behaviour clinics at my practice

Ninja

Well well well
I'm a veterinary nurse, I love my job and can't imagine doing anything else..

That's awesome! Next year I'll be leaving my career as a restaurant GM and pursue a Physical Therapist Assistant job. It pays nearly the same but would be so much more rewarding for me.

Thanks for all you do!

I work overnight maintenance at Walmart. "Maintenance" being the nice word for "guy who takes out trash and cleans bathrooms for 9 hours a day" It's a lot better than it sounds, the pay is good, the hours are comfortable, smoke breaks, and coworkers who are bitter and grumpy as I am!

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I have eggs in a few baskets.

I study at Uni fulltime, so I get paid a bit from the government to do that (provided I don't earn too much from my other jobs in any given week).

I work at McDonalds doing pretty much everything there is to do there.

I work as a tutor at University, teaching first year IT students one on one (usually with disabilities or learning difficulties).

I work as a central services assistant also at Uni. Here I pretty much set up events and move furniture around the Uni.

All of these jobs are casual and happen alongside Uni. It's pretty flexible and I can pretty much choose when I want to work or not. I only need to give two weeks notice to get any date off that I want.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I'm a castle for a living! :) though, I'm currently unemployed. Anyone know any kings, queens, princesses, or dark overlords in need of an experienced castle?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I'm a castle for a living! :) though, I'm currently unemployed. Anyone know any kings, queens, princesses, or dark overlords in need of an experienced castle?
How about an English gent? I was thinking about moving up in the world. A castle sounds exactly the sort of dwelling someone like me needs.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Writing is my life, but I am not a professional writer. Not yet, at least. My plans are to become one and maybe live off of that. But for now I work like everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom