• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Do First?

Do you get them first?

• Get upgrades while progressing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get upgrades at the very end

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

BakerGuy

Wielder of TheBakerSword
In terms of getting cool upgrades, do you like to do the dungeons first and wait until the end to get the special stuff? (ex: getting all the gold skullatas at the end of OOT, or getting the magic tunic at the end of TP.

I personally get so involved in the actual story more than getting the reeally usefull stuff in the beginning. Its a habit of mine.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
At the very beginning, I just go strait to the first dungeon. Then I get less inolved in the storyline and I tackle side quests and heart pieces.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
On a normal playthrough, I pretty much ignore upgrades. On a serious run, I'll get some upgrades, and a joke run it'll probably be all upgrades as soon as possible xD

geek4887

The Unknown
I would ditto Vanitas. But most of the time, I get too involved in the story, that it gives me such a sense of urgency (Majora's Mask :dry:), that I couldn't help but tackle the main quest.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I usually like to poke around doing side quest as i go through the story because if i don't have some upgrades i feel vulnerable. If i find an upgrade later that i could have gotten earlier i feel like i need to remember for a second playthrough. I don't go for 100% most of the time though.

I get upgrades in fits and starts. For example, sometimes I'll tackle a few dungeons without going on any side-quests at all, but then I'll go on an exploration rampage and get as many extras as I can find before progressing with the story. This also depends on the kind of play-through I'm on, too. That's what I'm like the first time through; on subsequent play-throughs, I already know where many of the upgrades are, and I grab them when I'm conveniently near. If I know the game really well (say, OoT) I plan out in my head what order I'm going to do things in: which upgrades to get on the way to which dungeons, when to go out of my way for other extras, things like that. However, I sometimes do minimalist runs (where I only pick up what's needed for the quest, take extra heart containers from bosses, and don't use any health items), or three-heart runs (no extra hearts, of course) or a combination of the two. When doing those I'm either limited on my upgrades or I don't get them at all.

Anyways, as I said, I prefer to get them on the way. However, I never usually get every single one on my first play. In fact, I think I've only 100%ed two games: MM and MC. Well, and LoZ and AoL, but those are so easy to do that with they hardly count.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
I get everything once I'm able to do it. It allows me to have more hearts or upgrades for the dungeons to make it easier. If I do them at the end then what purpose does it have? It's like when the gold skulltulas give you the 100 rupees at the end. There's no use for it, you don't need rupees any more. What's the use of upgrading to make things easier when you have finished everything.

Well, when I first do a play through of any Zelda title, I play for the storyline. However, I am so used to the formula that I kinda keep my eyes peeled, for what may be an elusive heart container piece, or some other goody. Then I replay and get all the quests done, and do a get everything 100% playthrough. I was unable to beat TP before SS came out, and I'm just now learning about the golden bugs! And I just got the master sword. so yeah, I kinda find things as I go. :)

onidarklink2

An Hero of our Time
I try to get as many upgrades as I can/feel like getting as soon as I can get them while progressing in the game, but I usually don't get some of the upgrades. Then, at the end, before I beat the game, I try to get some of the stuff I missed(I've never 100 percented a Zelda game though). As an example, I'm playing through Oracle of Seasons atm, and I'm doing all the sidequests I know how to do as soon as I can do them.

I try to pay attention to the story, so I'll only do some minor side quests along the way. After I beat the game, then I'll go and try to complete my account 100%. My second account is a 3 heart run (or 6 heart run), so naturally I don't get any un-required upgrades.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom