• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What do you believe in?

TattooArtist

I'm the B and my boyfriend is the T in LGBT ❤
This can be from if you think unicorns or aliens are real to if there really is a heaven or Hell, I personally believe there is another species among the galaxy that we will some day meet when our technology to contact with beings in outer space has advanced, and this seems fascinating to me. Is there anything you believe in that other people might not?

I don't believe in anything.

Religion; no, nothing with a higher power.

Aliens; there'll be something out there but not what we want.

Ghosts; I wanna say no but a lot of freaky things have been happening recently after I lost someone this year and I can't shake the idea of a presence now tht shouldn't be here.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Religion? Best described as agnostic. To me that means that I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of God, and if God exists I don't know what God is or what that means.

I do really really want to believe in Heaven. Don't we all? My biggest theological question is "What is Heaven?" I have no answer to that but I like to believe that there is one.

Politics? I detest labels, particularly where politics is involved. Suffice it to say that I believe everyone has a right to self determination, so long as it doesn't interfere in anyone else's business. So to that end, the most accurate label I can safely give myself is Libertarian.

Right? :right: Not such a literal white nationalist fascist kkk alt-right conservative nazi after all am I? :dry:

The supernatural is a broad category, but ghosts? Never experienced anything, so I can't say. It's not a matter of belief for me but rather it's a matter of proof.

So is the existence of extraterrestrial life. It's not a matter of belief. It's a matter of probability. It almost certainly exists out there somewhere - as protozoa or simple ocean life. Does a more advanced intelligent society exist? If it does and it's giving off as much cosmic radio noise as Earth is, we'll know about it. If they're capable of detecting it, they'll know about it. By then it is all a matter of making contact with each other. I'm certain that no advanced space faring species has ever visited us. We'd know about it because our visitors wouldn't be all secretive about it. Unless you prescribe to theories that they're controlling things behind the scenes. Again, give me proof.

Interpretation of history can take many forms. For US history the popular interpretation is that President Abraham Lincoln fought a valiant war to restore the Union and emancipate the slaves. My interpretation of Lincoln is that he was a selfish tyrant and mentally disturbed megalomaniac who is to date the sole President to preside over the fracturing of a perfect union for which he was responsible and who in his entire life can credit the freeing of exactly ZERO slaves to his name. And that last bit is categorically true. The Emancipation Proclamation didn't free a single slave. It was a speech. It has absolutely no legal weight behind it. Congress ratified the constitution to make slavery illegal months after Lincoln's death. On a side note, that makes John Wilkes Booth the dumbest American in history because he martyred Lincoln and that changed history's perception of him. If Lincoln hadn't been assassinated, I don't think history would have been so kind to him.

Instead, Lincoln fought a bloody war in which he and his generals employed terrorism against their own countrymen over numerous issues, not the least of which was ostensibly to bring about the end of an evil institution that only had a scant two or three decades of existence left in it at most. Had the American Civil War never happened, the life and liberty of black african americans would have been vastly superior to what it had been throughout the 20th century and today (still not great by any stretch, but better than it was). And Lincoln was chiefly responsible for that.

The unfortunate and fatal repercussions of Lincoln's presidency that resulted in the violent fracturing of the American union have been felt ever since, even today. Slavery is bad, Mmm'kay? All I'm saying is that nobody had to die and suffer decades of persecution to bring about its end.

I also believe that Human Beings are inherently good, but can be corrupted to sinister purpose. All you have to do is look at children - selfish though the less adequately reared ones may be - and see that every human being begins life as inherently wholesome, innocent and pure. We simply must strive to maintain that purity, despite the challenges life tests us with.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Religion: To borrow a phrase from the early US, "Howling Atheist"

Supernatural: Nothing I've seen backs it up, and most "psychics" or "ghost hunters" are just grifters.

Aliens: Given the vastness of space, there's alien life out there somewhere. Intelligent life, maybe. Spacefaring intelligent life that visited earth? Less likely.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
I'm a physics major, a man of science, so in general, I believe whatever the evidence demonstrates.

As far as extra-terrestrial intelligence, that's a big fat.... maybe?

Tough to say, although the odds of them existing are rather favorable. 300 billion stars in our galaxy, a good chunk can have planets form around them, so it's bound to happen at least a few times. Now since there's hundreds of trillions of galaxies in the observable universe, it's inexcusably egocentric to think we're alone in the universe.

Now whether or not they've visited us, I'd have to firmly state that they haven't. No evidence for that at all.

While I think it's likely that extra terrestrial civilizations exist, I don't think we live in a Star Trek style universe is what I'm saying.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I used to believe in a lot of things but nowadays I hardly believe in anything. I do believe for us not to be alone in this world. The idea of so many planets in the universe, some we don't even know of, and then us being alone? Hahahahahaha don't make me barf!

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
I think that each species on earth will have their moment, one by one. We had the dinosaurs first. Now there's people. When/If oceans rise and mankind will drown, fishes will evolve and build societies. Maybe they will be reckless with the environment too and dry themselves out so the time will come for scorpions or something! I think scorpions, and then maybe 2 or 3 more species will have a shot before earth meet it's untimely demise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom