• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Do You Aim to Achieve in Your Life?

Claire

The Geekette
We all have dreams, hopes, and goals. You have one change to fulfill these goals, and while not everyone does - it does not ever mean you shouldn't try.

There are quite a few things I wish to accomplish, and the majority of them are long-term goals. I am currently a junior in high school, and currently have a 3.6 GPA - and I must maintain a minimum of 3.4 in order to ensure my entry into Pharmacy school. I hope to attend a Pre-Pharmacy school for 4 years, then attend a Pharmacy school. I later wish to gain a doctorate degree in Pharmacy, and then volunteer with Doctors Without Borders to actively support humanitarian aid.

I'd also love to step foot on every single continent, experience zero gravity, have two children (one biological, one adopted), and have a dog certified in obedience, therapy, and triumph as a champion in the show ring. I've had a dream of one day replicating a hobbit hole too, not to exactly use as a home, but to have as like a little hideaway. One thing that I am already building my way up to is having a large personal library, filled with books on various topics.

But before my last breath, all I want more than anything is to know I've made a positive impact on the advancement of humanity. Whether that is few medical advances, or influencing others to expand their knowledge through education - I will be happy.

Of course, I have much more goals, but this is the one that I am focused on the most at this moment in time. What are your your goals for your life? What do you wish to achieve before your last breath?

Last edited:

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
Great post Claire!

I've had a lot of goals in my life, but not many really stick out to me anymore. One of my main goals was to meet a great guy, so that's off my list :)

When I was younger I really wanted to be a writer and write popular books. I don't desire that fame anymore. I've taken up photography rather seriously lately, and I would love to have that take me somewhere.

I'd like to have a couple of kids in a few years and raise them right and in a good way.

I mainly want to make a difference in others' lives and live life to the fullest. I want to travel and see the world.

Great thread!

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I have some goals in my life and I hope I can achieve most of them.

One of my main goals is finishing my Biology study and do research to improve the knowlegde about the wonderful world of Micro-organisms for use in enviromental improvement.
I also want to do a part of my study in the UK, US or Australia. I still have to decide which one :P
I hope I get a good job so I can live a good quality life and give my parents a good quality life when they are old :)

And that is about it I think. I'm always careful with making goals because it is often very difficult to achieve them

I've thought about my goals a lot lately since I will be entering into a new stage in my life soon, high school.

Some of my goals for high school are to maintain straight A's, meet new friends, and get involved in service and co-curricular activities.

After High School I plan on attending four years of college and then going on to a graduate school to at least get a Master's Degree. Probably a Doctorate though. Then I wish to get get married and have at least two kids. I want to have a good job that I enjoy doing.

Like Lenora I also want to help people in my life. I volunteer a lot now and I want to continue this throughout my whole life. Maybe get involved in Mission Trips or Habitat for Humanity.

I do have two goals that I have had for a while now. I want to visit places all over the world and take a special trip to New Zealand and visit all of the Lord of the Rings movie sites. Like Lenora I also want a Hobbit Hole. The second is also like one of Lenora's. It is to have my own personal library and book collection.

I wish to lead a happy life and that I always have a positive impact on the lives of people I meet. And when I die, I wish to be remembered for the good I have done.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
If I was asked this question a couple of years ago I believe I would have said some completely different things (and I would have written a significantly longer post!). Life has changed and some (all?) of the goals I set up for myself have become pale or vanished. Am I the one to blame? Well, I can´t blame anyone else, guess I could have been more fortunate at times but life goes on (and I actually have been fortunate some times, hope there is a God who loves me). So what remains for me to achieve? I´m quite undemanding (don´t know if it´s the word that actually is best to describe what I want to say), believe I´ve always been and now more then ever. What I want is to become a wiser man, I want to understand myself and the world of which I am a part. I want to reach a state of mind when I don´t fear death anymore, cause I truly believe that fear of death makes life quite tough and sad. What I would want to achieve in my life are the things mankind has been wanting to achieve for a very long time, to know! To know what the meaning of life (and death) is. That´s it folks :) (maybe I´m not so undemanding after all, depends on how one choose to look at it I assume)

A

afterburn

My main goal right now is stick w/ my job and provide as much as I can for my wife.

I just want to be able to said that whether it was wrong or right, I did most of what I wanted to do. That I actually fought against the tide in order ton achieve it and that I did not give it up because I thought it was silly or for fear of other people criticise.

This applies for my current and future dreams, sometimes I want to do all at the same time, but I want to little by little learn to do different things I always wanted to learn how to do them.

Anyway, I just want to be able to smile when I am old and thinking in my 'young days'. :P

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I won't lie and say that I have a plan. I don't. Currently, my mind is going no further ahead than graduation. All I can say right now is that I hope I end up happy. Happy means nice job, some money (doesn't have to be a lot, just as long as I have a decent income. See previous want.), to not be single (I don't plan on getting married. I'll settle for just being with someone), and to have great friends and memories.

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
I am a goal-aholic. I hope there is enough time in my life to do all of these things!!

*Get a scholorship for basketball and be able to attend a college with good sports as well as academics.
*Join one of those organizations that rescues neglected or beaten animals
*Study marine biology!
*Finish and publish a successful book series (I have already started, I'm on my second book !!)
*Become an artist
*Play in the WNBA
*Become a fashion designer
*Get married and have a family
*Travel around the world, probably to every continent
*Keep all of my close friends close!

I have no real goals concerning careers, making money, or even having a family.

I just live by the moment and the goal of my day today is sleep. When I get back to Australia, sponsor my wife's travel over to Australia. That's as far as I go with goals.

I have no real ambition or thing I want to achieve in life. I don't know how to think like that.

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
There's alot I want to accomplish before my time is up, even though my goals are kinda long term as well.
First, I would like to completely finish school. Even though I'm happy I'm graduating high school in less than 4 weeks (YAY!! senior class of 09'), I'm still kinda of dreading about starting college in August because that's another 4 years that I have to commit again. (I'm still excited about going to a university though.) oh yeah I want to have a least a bachelor's degree in web designing. Anyway the next thing that I would like to accomplish is traveling to Japan.

Why? Well, because japan has more entertainment and also the people are much nicer there than the people who I'm forced to see everyday.-.- I have a bunch of things that I would love to do over there. Some of the stuff include:
-playing Ninja warrior
-learning how to draw
-touring landmarks
-learning a new language
-voice acting
-and meeting new people (also playing the new final fantasy XIII game, ,but that's not really important right now...... at least not yet lol.)

Let's see what else...... oh yeah getting married for sure and having a bunch of kids... Teaching them how to play yugioh and zelda would be so cute:clap:. That's it really for now though....

Last edited:

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I guess my major goals in life are to "make people think" and "make people feel." I've gotten a graphic design degree, but it hasn't lead me to any good-paying, lasting jobs yet, like I'd hoped it would, and it hasn't lead me to a lasting happiness.

I think, ultimately, I'd like to see my art and writing enjoyed around the world. I'd like to become a "name" with that. At least, I'd like to get my current passion (my original writing works) pro-published, and I *don't* mean a vanity press, I mean, taken on by legit agents, legit publishers, getting a good editor -- you know, that stuff that's *hard* to get.

I have lived one of my childhood dreams already, it's a simple one: "Someday, I want to live someplace that has seasons, someplace where it snows in the winter." (I grew up in southern Arizona). Thanks to my fiance', who moved me out here, I live in eastern Pennsylvania, where... yep, I get seasons. Don't wanna go back, either.

Other than that, I've pretty much been watching my dreams die slow deaths, but I remain holding onto them.

I think the thing that best sums up my view of dreams is this short passage from one of my novels that I happen to have online:

http://www.shadsie.com/MBSite/chapters/MBsnatch1.html

It's from a story called "Malarkey and Belinda," about a gryphon. Here, he is being given a mystic vision by a character named Merevus, regarding the nature of dreams/ambitions.

Goals huh? My personal goals are to enjoy things as much I can without screwing anyones life up... too much. There are some lives I hope to screw up as much as possible, and I will see that I meet that goal.

I want to learn as much about the universe as I can, it's always been intriguing to me. That and web development, I can't stop reading and learning more and more about the subject. I want to eventually be successful sitting around at home playing around on the computer, whether it be web development or actual desktop programming, or even with my absolute unrivaled guitar skills.

Dabombster

Do the thing
Site Staff
I want to take over the world... er...

To be honest, I'm not the kind of person that looks a whole lot into the future. Even know I'm still debating what I want to go into as a career, so I'm just going to get my generals out of the way this first year through college. I just kind of take things as they come, plan for next week, and let it all play out.

At the moment, I would like to be an engineer. I love designing and building things, I'm a very hands-on person. I have more fun building stuff with my hands than I ever will playing a video game, plus I get a certain satisfaction being able to look at something and saying "Hey, I built that". But who knows for sure.

Something I would like to do that I guess fits this a little more is to obtain as much information as possible. I love learning, and I enjoy knowing as much as possible about everything possible. I truly feel that knowledge is power, and one of my favorite sayings of all time is "I refuse to engage in a battle of wits against an unarmed opponent". Truly epic right there.

Another thing I would like, and I think I can do (though the medical world always tries to tell me otherwise) is overcome diabetes. I feel it's something I can fight back and 'purge' from my body. Something I can do to better myself and cause less of a hindrance to my daily life. I think if I can overcome diabetes, I will be a mostly happy person, knowing I've done something that no one has ever done before and truly making my life better and easier.

silent lion

ReDead
But before my last breath, all I want more than anything is to know I've made a positive impact on the advancement of humanity.

I guess my major goals in life are to "make people think" and "make people feel."

This is my primary goal in life, to have contributed to the world. I want to know I have helped to push humanity towards tolerance, intelligence, freedom and happiness (join my forum). I intend to make a definite difference to the way society thinks, and I think it's more than achievable.

I also want the band I'm in to make it, but I'm not holding my breath. If we don't it won;t be for lack of trying. I'll also learn a couple of languages in my life, see most if not all continents and become a high-ranking martial artist. These last things I know I will do because it is simply a matter of actually trying.

My last goal is internal, I want to develop into the best human being I can be. I guess a lot of people want that, and you can never know when you've got there but I'm always working on it.

There's my two cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom