• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SSHD What do people who prefer motion control think about this game?

Skyward Sword HD

GrooseIsLoose

Slickest pompadour in town
ZD Legend
I loved how Twilight princess and Skyward Sword involved motion control. I'm thinking if it'd be worth to get SSHD

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
The motion controls are pretty fun! I'd hate it if they were in every Zelda game, but the Skyward Sword controls make it unique and I've never had many issues with them.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
There are people who prefer motion controls???

I definitely prefer motion controls. It seems like the natural way to play Zelda with a wiimote and nunchuck. Unfortunately Joycons are made too small for my hands which makes them awkward to use on the switch. I wish you could use the oculus controllers they'd be perfect.

RamboBambiBambo

RamboBambiBamboBingoBongoBoiyo
When I heard that they were implementing gamepad controls into the game, a part of me squealed in terror at the thought of how they could even implement it. Would swordplay that requires direction just automatically adjust Link's blade to the proper orientation, but mashing the button cause him to screw up and hit the enemy's block/parry?

I was amused at first to find that the sword controls were still manual, but the control scheme is a mix of Zelda and EA's Skate 3. The right joystick being used to select the direction of your blade is confusing.

I am sticking to motion controls, but I had to buy a new set of Joy cons. Ones that are an aftermarket design so it is more ergonomic and has ACTUAL joysticks rather than the little dinky things that drift too easily on the standard joycons.

Dapperchihiro123

I got a key! Let me find a door!
I quite like motion controls, but it is very frustrating when you are trying to roll a bomb. Button only is better for the imprisoned fights.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
On the wii I hated the motion controls, they just didn't respond well to me and I got massively frustrated with it (nearly broke me in the first Ghirahim fight, but lucked out in the end and got a bit further in the game before I quit playing it). On the Switch I played the majority of the game with the motion controls, in fact it wasn't until that aerial combat preparation sequence that I partially switched to button controls. After that I swapped back and forth between them depending on their strength/weaknesses. Some minigames was done with button controls, but I did most of the combat with motion controls (except Demise, but that was mainly because my arm was so tired after that last Ghirahim section).

So the Switch version's motion controls are excellent and I will say due to the fluidity of the camera with them I prefer them to the button-controls (but the button-controls definitely work well, though the stick-movement to control the sword takes some getting used to - although that makes it very quick and presise). I have silicon grip covers for my joy-cons, so that definitely helps with making them fit comfortably in my hands (and also makes handheld gaming a joy).

I actually found the motion controls in the HD version pretty annoying. I liked the motion controls quite a bit in the original except maybe for the swimming. But in Switch, it got to a point I needed to line them up every minute or so, so I opt out for the button only mode, and it's pretty good, even if it feels somethings missing. Maybe I'll try the motion again...

Requiem Of Spirit

It's a secret to everybody...
I prefer motion controls in SS HD most of the time, except for throwing bombs (I think the my aim is better with button controls) and battling The Imprisoned. I feel that playing with motion controls just makes the experience a bit more immersive and epic.

That said, I've ended up playing with button controls more just because I play undocked more often. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom