• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess What Did You Think of Malo Mart?

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
I thought the store was great. My favorite part of it was the dance and the music in the Castle town one. there was also the hawk's eye which was one of my favorite items in the game.

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
Malo Mart takes the cake for the Weirdest Zelda Shop award. The one in Kakariko isn't all that odd, but Castle Town's Malo Mart was just plain weird. I had quite the "WTF? o_O" reaction after going in there for the first time.

You've got the shopkeeper, the dancing old people, the crazy design of the place, the wacky music, and halfway decent prices. I still can't seem to make out what the pictures on the walls are, though...

I actually did like the Malo Mart. The Castle Town one was undeniably obnoxious, though. It was cute, but oh so messed up. The song was... interesting... at least. :P

But I liked it in general. I enjoyed having such a nice and cheap source of items in Castle Town, and the two Malo Marts had great items in the form of the Hawkeye and Magic Armor (Hylian Shield, too, if you count it ;) ). I also was always a fan of Malo, and the silly dancing Goron Elders. :xd:

But to be honest, my favorite thing about the Malo Mart was how it made you use your rupees. I've always had a complaint with the series over how you get so many rupees but rarely ever have to use them. Twilight Princess gave you more rupees that most of the other games in my opinion, because there were so many of them in caves, dungeons, Lantern Caves, and from Agitha, not to mention the fact that if you couldn't carry the rupee, it was put back in the chest for later.

But the Malo Mart introduced a bunch of unique items that you had to fork over large amounts of rupees to buy. They were useful, neat optional items. They also had good prices, which makes it more enticing to buy items instead of filling up elsewhere. Finally, there was all the donations required to repair the bridge and buy property so the Malo Mart in Castle Town would open. I loved finally being able to spend my rupees as quickly as I could collect them. I want to see this in more games, as well as all the sweet optional gear that you could buy from the Malo Mart. :D

Deku man

Just another nobody......
Malo Mart was a great idea. I got bored of the old unknown shopkeeper after playing MM.
Also there was the number of donations that were used to fix the bridge and even open another Malo Mart in Castle Town. It makes me want to spend rupees to buy everything in the shop.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Malo Mart. It's the Wal-Mart of Hyrule.

That's how I think of it, the Castle Town location, anyway. Once you can access it, the prices on items are quite good - cheaper than anywhere else you can get them (well, aside from arrows, which you can sometimes get free in the grass... if I'm recalling the shop's items correctly).

The interior of the Castle Town location scares me, though. Something about the flashing lights/bright colors and the annoying song... and I find all the people bopping about singing about low prices and their greed in wanting this and that to be unnerving... it is like a Wal-Mart commerical and Wal-Mart has always given me that "evil brainwashing corporate vibe." Along with cheap junk that tends to break the moment you try to use it. Malo Mart's items are much better I've ever gotten at Wal-Mart - but it's a store in a video game and no one wants to deal with a pissed-off Hero (or with a dead Hero should one of those cheap potions not work). It still has that "brainwash people into consumption" vibe to it, though... *shudder.*

Yes, I'm looking *so* forward to all the holiday commericals that are about to start up. Joy. At least they won't be chiming the Malo Mart song.

I guess what I'm saying is that I like it for its service - the well-priced items (and I *adore* the Magic Armor, it's all shiny, Link looks great in it, and it got me through the Cave of Ordeals), but it's "flashiness" is something I find a bit unnerving.

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
I really didn't like Malo Mart. Or Malo. I didn't mind Malo or Malo's store in Kakariko at first, in fact I thought it was rather nice.

However after unlocking Malo Mart in Castle Town I rushed over to see what was for sale and then I heard the music. It was horrible. To this day it is the only zelda song I actually hate. I ran out of the store ASAP after hearing it, I never wanted to walk inside again. Then, I went back to the Kakariko one, and the same horrible music was playing. I ran out of that one quickly too.

I did go back to buy the magic armor and hawkeye, but I never set foot in the place afterwords. I purposefully avoided Malo Mart and went to the goron shop in castle town to buy arrows and the like. I really didn't like the Malo Mart music. >.<

Waker of winds

Finally playing PH!
Heh, it indeed is a weird store.

Malo creeps me out... He's like a talking baby...

The store has some good prices, and the Hyrule Castle one is quite...interesting. I won't say it's good or bad, just plain interesting and different. Specially for the music and the dancing grandmas... (oh, what I'm saying, that place is sooo weirdo_O)

Anyway, I think that adding different and weird places like those helps you to get out of the average and boring store.

R

Rvby

Malo mart was... wierd...
He has some very good items though like the hylian shield and hawk eye though.

Akiranon

Fallen Knight
Malo Mart was awesome. From the moment I saw the little guy run the Kakariko Village general store, I knew he had it in him to make it big. There was just this look in his eyes. Some might call it greed, others might call it business potential. By selling Link an old worn out Hylian Shield he started funding his chain of stores. Soon enough Link had bought so much junk, Malo would be sold out if he didn't act quick. Being the genius mind Malo is, he thought of a plan.

Yes, the Malo Mart would become a chain of stores. He could open his stores to franchising, and business would bloom. But first he would need one last thing from Link: Rupees. Yes, the ever sweet currency that keeps Hyrule running. By setting up a donation fund for the bridge. Of course repairing the bridge would only cost about 100 Rupees, but he needed the money. Link, the silent fool he was agreed and gave Malo the money after many hardships.

The second Malo Mart became a reality. Malo was still in need of money however. The fine crafted Magic Armor would assure that his income would never drop.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Malo didn't craft the Magic Armor. As I recall, it was there when Chudley owned the shop and was impossibly expensive. Malo just appropriated it upon buying out the shop and hiring Chudley as his employee/shop manager. Who knows where the Magic Armor came from?

T

Triforce_16

I must say this. The overall idea was funny, yet weird. When i was playing this game at my friend's place {he's a total addict when it comes to games} every time i entered the Malo Mart in Castle Town, he'd get up & do the dance that everyone in the store does. Quite annoying lol :D
But, for Malo to run two stores that are quite a distance apart from each other, that's quite impressive. There is one good thing about Malo Mart, it stocks the Hylian Shield early in the game, & that's a good thing. Bit expensive, but i had the cash for it when i first entered Malo Mart in Kakariko Village. The quest to fix Chudley's in Castle Town was interesting, but i hated paying Malo. It cost too much... :(

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
Heh, it indeed is a weird store.

Malo creeps me out... He's like a talking baby...

The store has some good prices, and the Hyrule Castle one is quite...interesting. I won't say it's good or bad, just plain interesting and different. Specially for the music and the dancing grandmas... (oh, what I'm saying, that place is sooo weirdo_O)

Anyway, I think that adding different and weird places like those helps you to get out of the average and boring store.

Now that I think about it your right :eek:h:. (Man I made this thread a long time ago) Malo reminds me of Sunny from A Series Of Unfortunate Events, except Sunny has her own language. What's wrong with dancing Grandmas. Well my Grandmas don't dance,but I bet some has a dancing Grandma. Malo Mart is the Most interesting Place on the Face of Hyrule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom