• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild What did you think of Ganon in this game?

I actually like this Ganon a lot. He reminds a bit of Sauron from Lord of the Rings, as he doesn't appear to have a fully physical form (until later) and doesn't speak at all. He is also (in my mind) the most powerful form of Ganon and is the hardest final boss fight.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Worst Ganon. Lame design, no personality...and a fight that's even less intimidating than tWW's. I'm not even counting the second form, since that's just a glorified cutscene. The first form goes down like a *****, especially if you've been playing the game properly and have the Divine Beasts. Takes like...30 seconds to kill and is laughably easy to stunlock.

Amy Lu Minati

The Triangle conspiracy
Worst Ganon. Lame design, no personality...and a fight that's even less intimidating than tWW's. I'm not even counting the second form, since that's just a glorified cutscene. The first form goes down like a *****, especially if you've been playing the game properly and have the Divine Beasts. Takes like...30 seconds to kill and is laughably easy to stunlock.
He gets easier the longer you've played the game, I'm trying to beat him with 3 hearts right now... It's extremely hard and he does not go down like a *****. I agree that he does when you do the story, they should have included a harder phase for when you complete the story. maybe they will make a harder boss for the dlc. :)

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
He gets easier the longer you've played the game, I'm trying to beat him with 3 hearts right now... It's extremely hard and he does not go down like a *****. I agree that he does when you do the story, they should have included a harder phase for when you complete the story. maybe they will make a harder boss for the dlc. :)
Or include a hero mode ;)

DarkestLink

Had to fight him with nothing for my YT channel. Still beat him on the first try by just spamming arrows until phase 2 and then parrying. .....Although amusingly I did die once to Beast Ganon. It was during the final phase where you shoot the eye. I thought it was higher than it was, ran out of stamina..........and died to fall damage. ._.

The fight does feel more proper, but nowhere near the "impossible difficulty" Aonuma was BSing about. <.<

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
I liked the malice, but the Ganon boss fight was too easy. Even Silver Lynels are harder to kill than him.

Gotta disagree Ganon is harder in terms of health but lynels are harder in the fact one whack and boom you're near as damn dead. Issue is ganon is scaled more for those who show up 5 mins after starting. They should've made it that he scaled with the player like Dark Link does. You get stronger and more versatile and ganon will to.

Hence this isn't Ganon but Ganibs. He doesn't deserve the name but a nick

Reactions: Dio

DarkestLink

From a new game? You have to fight EVERY Ganon in a row, no breaks. :/ I fight up to Calam phase, but I haven't beat him with 3 hearts yet.

Yeah, the first half you can just spam the arrows you collected from the castle. The second half requires some flurrying or parrying. The laser is very easy to parry though, so that's not an issue.

Amy Lu Minati

The Triangle conspiracy
Yeah, the first half you can just spam the arrows you collected from the castle. The second half requires some flurrying or parrying. The laser is very easy to parry though, so that's not an issue.
I got killed by Calamity because he struck right as the battle started. I was pretty upset. I did enjoy every Ganon fight except that final fight in the field. :/ I was hoping to fight smoke-pig because I couldn't even comprehend fighting it... But nope.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Gotta disagree Ganon is harder in terms of health but lynels are harder in the fact one whack and boom you're near as damn dead. Issue is ganon is scaled more for those who show up 5 mins after starting. They should've made it that he scaled with the player like Dark Link does. You get stronger and more versatile and ganon will to.

Hence this isn't Ganon but Ganibs. He doesn't deserve the name but a nick

Agreed there. Looking back on my original post here I haven't even touched on the actual gameplay, just the characterization or lack of it.

This Ganon/ib has been pussified big time. In all the other 3D games the Master Sword was a requirement to killing/sealing him. Like Superman and Kryptonite, there was only one real weakness to Ganon making him an intimidating foe. You know that there is only one person and way he could be defeated. Now he can be beaten with sticks from the very start of the game. There's no buildup, no real requirements you have to meet. He's a weak villain now. It's ****ing ****.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom