• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Did You Reclass To?

your class

• Stayed a tactician

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • myrmidon or mercenary

• pegasus iknight or wyvern rider

• mage or dark mage

• knight

• cavalier

• priest or cleric

• archer

• theif

• fighter or barbarian

• troubadour

• Total voters

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Another FE thread because I'm completely fangirling over Awakening atm.

If you've played it, did you leave your avatar as a tactician or did you get a second seal and become something else? Or would you like to if you haven't already? If so, what and why did you choose it?

I bought a second seal like...a couple days ago, today I finally reached level 10 and became...a wyvern rider! I've loved that class ever since I got into the series. Even before that, I've loved dragon riders and dragons in general. Now if only I could pick my steed's color...blue will have to do.

Last edited:

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
I've actually always stayed as a tactician, but maybe during my next play through I'll change it up and become a myrmidon or possibly a dark mage. ^^

hwrdjacob

The Nintendo Knight
Stayed a Tactition. Rant Time.

I personally feel that FE12 handled the Avatar so much better. If you haven't played True Mystery of the Emblem: Heroes of Light and Shadow...
GO. DO. THAT. NOW!!!! (Unless you haven't played Shadow Dragon, in which case get that game)

FE13 I feel relegated Chrom to a supporting character since the amount of time spent on his backstory is dismal while it droned on about the Avatar, Esp. The Future Past. This resulted in me honestly not caring about Chrom, and even with Ike's bland personality I still cared a little. The fact that they managed to make me give a care less about Chrom when even Ike managed not to really, really, really says something about how uneven the balance between the effectiveness of their backstory exposition is. And while FE12 didn't really deal out the backstory of it's avatar, the thing is you already know a summary since you make it al la TES. And, you're obliged to care about him/her since they're YOU. Unless for some reason you hate yourself, and trust me I've been there. Which makes room for the main Lord, Marth. And he still is up there with Sileph in terms of how sympathetic I am towords him.

But more on topic to the thread is the mechanics of how the Avatars worked. While FE13 started you in a class that, let's be honest, you had no good reason to leave. It may just be the most OP class in the series, and most any disadvantage is patched by the team up system. In FE12 however, you start with a class of your choice, each with it's own advantage disadvantage, and appeal. I'm pretty sure you could start as a Pegasus Knight and promote to Wyvern Rider if you were female. Which brings me to how the reclass was better in 11+12 AKA FE3Remake, but that's another rant.

And don't get me started on how the main plot rips off FE4. But the DLC was good, and likely the reason long time fans bought it. And the Ancient Regalia that appear in the game, like Falchion, Tyrfing, Armads, Sol Katti, Ragnell... Only dissappointed that the Binding Blade nor Durandall appear.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14134

I think I switched to a dark knight because it looked cool and reminded me of batman.

hwrdjacob

The Nintendo Knight
I like the game too.
Just usually not it's plot.

It's main game i probably place at around 6th place in the top FE games, with FE6:TBB, FE5:T776, FE11: SD, FE4:GotHW, and FE12:TMotE:HoLaS above it.

The DLC though... All the way with that.

DragonCat, I can't make you, but I'd really suggest playing Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon and Fire Emblem True Mystery of the Emblem if you haven't already. They're amazing, at least in my opinion.

Last edited:

hwrdjacob

The Nintendo Knight
Seriously, finish it though. A good like... I'm going to say 20% of the fanbase thinks FE12 is the best in the series, another 20% thinks FE7 is the best, 40% thinks FE4 is the best, 10% thinks FE9 is the best. The other 10% is a collection of those who like the niche titles like FE5 and FE2. And I want to say a good 30% of the international fanbase thinks FE9 sucked and wanted to murder Soren for being a ******. The rest were like "Meh". Could be less, or more. The big 4 Hallmarks of the series are in ascending order FE9, FE11+12, FE7, and FE4. Keep in mind, these are mostly my half-asleep analysys of the fanbase, but those four games are the FE equivallent of OoT and ALttP, in particular FE11+12. They set the series architypical formula in place.I'm not saying FE11 was the best in the series...far from it...but it's more of a formality to play it since it DOES define what the series would do with it's lifespan. FE12 however, play it and then write an angry letter to Nintendo berating them for never localizing it. P.S. most FE games are not like Awakening. AT ALL. So don't get too comfy with that style. Esp Casual mode.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
And I want to say a good 30% of the international fanbase thinks FE9 sucked and wanted to murder Soren for being a ******.
You better not say that to my friend. She's a big Soren fangirl...luckily though she's not a member of this site. Also I absolutely loved that one. I love both Tellius games in general. So much that Tellius is the only FE world I can draw a map of from memory. Laguz kick butt. They're so cool...too bad they don't promote and stuff like that.

Very opinionated aren't you? And please don't assume that I haven't played much FE. I played...Blazing Sword, Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn...Shadow Dragon and Awakening. I know most of them aren't like Awakening and I'm not on casual mode. Although I am wishing I hadn't gotten cocky and picked hard mode -_- ANYWAY this thread...probably isn't the best place to rant about stuff like this. There's a thread here started by Archangel...I'd take that there. Hate to mini mod but meh.

hwrdjacob

The Nintendo Knight
You better not say that to my friend. She's a big Soren fangirl...luckily though she's not a member of this site. Also I absolutely loved that one. I love both Tellius games in general. So much that Tellius is the only FE world I can draw a map of from memory. Laguz kick butt. They're so cool...too bad they don't promote and stuff like that.

Very opinionated aren't you? And please don't assume that I haven't played much FE. I played...Blazing Sword, Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn...Shadow Dragon and Awakening. I know most of them aren't like Awakening and I'm not on casual mode. Although I am wishing I hadn't gotten cocky and picked hard mode -_- ANYWAY this thread...probably isn't the best place to rant about stuff like this. There's a thread here started by Archangel...I'd take that there. Hate to mini mod but meh.

Yea you're right I should go. BUT LET ME SEY MAH PIECE FIRST! I didn't say this was my opinion. I'm just estimating the amount of people in the fanbase who think this way. And I never said I dislike Soren (But I REALLY do). Over in Japan, they didn't like FE9. At all. It's one of the three worst selling games in the series overall, next to FE10 and FE5 (The latter of which is like nearly worshiped in the FE community, so I assume it's low sales was because it was previously released as a free download via the BSX-Satellaview) The reason people hate Soren is simple: he takes the admittedly unrealistic chivelry most iconic FE characters have and b-slapped it (hard) in the face by trying to throw Elinca to the lions in Chapter 5. This offended Japan...Let's just say very,very much. Of course, I guess it runs in the family. I mean, at least show some sympathy... but NO, that little sh!t has to be all like "LOL not my problem dude". I guess I'm secretly Japanese and no one told me, cause I happen to share most of Japan's opinions when it comes to FE... Or maybe I just played the games in order of release. ANYWAY I'm done with Soren. Hopefully for a long long time.

Anyway, these aren't my opinions. The FE fanbase just worships FE4+5+7 and I have no idea why. Those games aren't BAD, and I like them a lot, but I'd prefer FE6+2+12 over them. Really, the fanbase in general just seems to think the good stuff is the Japan only games... I somewhat agree, but FE10 was a bit better IMFAO and I liked FE7 and 8 esp. Oh, and FE13's memerobilia and DLC I liked I guess... There's a patch by username gringe for FE6 that is trying to make something as close to an official release, using the FE13DLC names, that I'd point out to you if you liked FE7.

Now I'll let this thread get back on topic.

Really I should say I reclassed to all of them because I've made many Avatars, added them to the avatar logbook and recruited them. For my character on the file I'm playing, I initially reclassed to Mercenary cause Armsthrift.

NintendoCN

Team Captain
Since I thought you could get one (spoilers: there's 2) I stayed as a tactician and utilized my nuke/ cut strategy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom