• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Did You Name Your Loftwing?

Beeker

Wild Card
While you can't name Loftwings in game, I did give a name to them. I didn't do one for my own/the crimson one though. The name I gave to Loftwings as a species was Derpybird, since when I first saw them they looked kinda funny to me. I also called them Banana Birds because that's what the shape of their bodies look like to me, very curvy.

Well, I'm not very good with nicknames, so I "named" my Loftwing *** **** *** of *** *** and ***. It's a pretty long nickname, I know, but it was fun to say. Its nickname is KoRL and its namesake is the King of Red Lions of WW.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I have an in-my-head theory that the Loftwings have no need for names because they are so mentally-bonded to their people that a name is not needed. In my mind, they recognize their whistle-call, but otherwise have no need of a formal name because they think mostly in images, impressions and feelings. They can sense their human near and their human can sense them, so for them, names are a "human thing" that are clumsy.

In other words, for me, Link and his Loftwing have a bond deeper than names.

And if the bird has to have a name, how about Sam after Toucan Sam. There. Happy?

I have an in-my-head theory that the Loftwings have no need for names because they are so mentally-bonded to their people that a name is not needed. In my mind, they recognize their whistle-call, but otherwise have no need of a formal name because they think mostly in images, impressions and feelings. They can sense their human near and their human can sense them, so for them, names are a "human thing" that are clumsy.

In other words, for me, Link and his Loftwing have a bond deeper than names.
Ya, actually, that's probably pretty accurate. If each Loftwing is deeply bonded to its human, why would it need to be identified as anything other than that person's Loftwing? Animals don't name each other.

Anyway, I never named my Loftwing in my head; I really would have liked a naming option. Either way, the name I had thought about ahead of time before the game was released was "Zephyr", and this is the name I've used on my Hero Mode file.

J

Jallyward

i havent named mine anything yet might not name or call it ho-oh or birdy

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
I didnt ever think of naming it xD Theres not even an in-game name for it,how sad! xD Anyways, Id name mine, Bill ...its fitting,yet cheesy.

I never called him anything, though I did think about it briefly. Never came up with a fitting name, though.

TrueChaos

Defender of Hyrule
i was thinking about this today. never gave it a name but wanted to seeing as Epona always had her name. can't think of a fitting name, though

Eluinn

Link's Alter Ego
I named him Sebastian and call him Sebby when he's being good and adorable, and Bastian when he does something wrong so my little sister doesn't realize I'm cursing ^_^

I named my loftwing "makar" from WW (the migit leaf guy who you have to save from the evil foresst area.)

ZeldaOcarina

Princess of Hyrule
I never really thought of it other than 'my Loftwing/my bird'... I suppose I would name it Crimson, had I the choice.

I have yet to name mine, but I'm still thinking, even after I've beaten the game and started a new one! I want one that will stick! ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom