• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Did You Like Most from the Game

TWW is an awesome game! It may have been rushed, and may have its flaws due to this, but it's a good game overall.

For one, the characters were really good. They were each their own character, with different side-quests and such, and it was always good fun to interact with them. Another thing I like is how you saw the same characters from before, come back with a bigger role. I'm referring to Medli and Makar here. When we first met Medli, it was simply for the purpose of going to save Valoo, for Dragon Roost's sake. Who would have guessed that she'd come back as the Earth Temple's Sage? The same goes for Makar. He was a little trouble-maker who liked wandering off into the Forbidden Woods to be saved by Link. He's so small and cute, I wouldn't have guessed him to be a Sage, either.

Another thing I liked is the sailing and the islands. They were all unique, with a different purpose, with their different characters. It was fun exploring each one, getting whatever you could out of it, and moving on to the next island. One thing I did while on the Triforce quest, was go from square to square, marking each island, and thoroughly exploring it. Certainly took away from the dull quest itself. I do this every time I play TWW, and haven't tired of it yet.

The picture taking system should certainly be mentioned here, as well. So many pictures to take in so many different places, it's overwhelming at first. Yet, as you progress through the game, taking picture after picture, it soon becomes habit. It's fun. Some of them are rather hard to take, others are easy to take, but it's all about collection. And it's always fun reading the inscriptions on the figures to see what each says.

I also liked the music. It was really catchy, and fit the themes of the game. The menu music and Tetra's music are most memoriable for me. Both always catch my attention, and are just my kind of music.

Tetra's so special, she gets her own paragraph here. I really loved Tetra's character all throughout the game! She was a rough, mean pirate on the outside, but really soft, especially towards Link, on the inside. She always popped up when the situation called for her, seemingly out of nowhere, to aid Link. I must say that I was actually a bit surprised to find out that someone like Tetra was secretly Zelda, without knowing herself, no less. But at the same time, it fits the game so much, though I gotta say, I like Tetra's design better.

All in all, I wouldn't say it's my favorite game, since MM definitely takes that glory, but it's a good game that I'll always enjoy to play.

Most people are against this, but I actually found the toon/cel-shading neat. I mean I like intense graphics like Twilight Princess, but there's something to the cel-shading that I like. It sort of sets the mood a little more for the setting of the game. And the characters and plot were good too.

I like the new look. (but still prefer the original look). Also I like how they added a lil comedy in there.

I like the new look. (but still prefer the original look).
I couldn't describe why I liked the game any better than this. The new look was nice although I am glad they did not keep it. (At least not for TP). The cel shaded look is also very nice with PH and the future handheld title ST. It's something that I may like to see continued on handheld but not on the console.

Uhm, well i LOVED the graphics ... i also liked the Koroks :)

my favorite part of the game was right after u get the master sword :D ... i always bow down the enemies from afar :P :P :P i am perfect with the bow in WW i have Sniper power :p

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
The humor. While I tend to lean toward darker, more meloncholy stories and settings (like TP), I do appreciate when a game makes me laugh, too. WW is HILARIOUS and is great fun to play because of all the funny scenes - the way the characters react to things, Link's epressive face... the abuse of Link that goes on ("splutting" into towers and the like)!

I like that WW blatantly connects to other Legends of Zelda - with the sunken stasis Hyrule and constant reference to the Hero of Time. It just think it's nice that OoT Link is rememembered - I find it sweet. It also adds a meloncholoy to the game of just the type I gravitate toward normally - (without overpowering the dominant humor).

The Rito. Oh, my goodness, I'm nutbunners in love with the Rito race! Bird people are awesome!!!!

DesertDweller

Love Truth
I personally loved the expressions on Link's (and others') face. The extensive use of cutscenes was really nice. My favorites are when Link's being flung in that barrel to Forsaken Fortress, and when he and Tetra are facing off with Ganandorf at Forsaken Fortress right after you've rescued the three girls.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
The first zelda game I played was PH and I was used to this style. I actually like both styles. WW is very unique. You have a lot of sidequests which I love and the comments can be funny. I have spent a lot of time at Windfall only to get all the sidequests done. taking pics was something cool as well :D I love the characters. Makar, Medli and of course the whole Rito race which has become my fav race. And of course killing those silly floormasters :D They were extremely easy to defeat. Yeah the game is challenging and fun to play! Definitely a classic one like OoT. Of course I like the TP graphics much better but in general WW is more challenging and has a lot more to explore

T

tanonkatt

~Long post, Yummy~ ^^
"I also like the way you are free to navigate the ocean" ~
That's what I liked most too I think. You really feel free to go wherever you want. I remember dreaming about having a boat in 2004 or so, and sailed around on the sea and to my own island where I had friends and stuff. It puts you in a really special mood. Great game, and great dream:D

Zora Link

I hate being nice. D:
Let's see...
-Parry Attack even though it was uber-cheap
-The many ways in which the items were used
-Enemy Weapons
-Spoils Bag (Treasure system in PH and ST just plain sucked.)
-The fact that it told Ganondorf's backstory
-Sailing
-And most importantly, Laruto

One thing I don't understand though is the wind temple. At first it seems to be some sort of forest themed temple, but then all of a sudden the boss is a giant sandworm/lanmola. Lolwut?

Last edited:
the mood that the graphics put you in
best controls ever for a zelda game (in my opinion)
epic final fight in an epic scene with an epic atmosphere with the most epic death :)
the music whilst sailing
windfall island is the king of sidequests, that gives majoras mask a run for it money
the best boomerang in a zelda game (though extremely cheap)
annoying zelda in the final fight so she starts attacking you and it becomes link vs zelda and ganondorf
ganondorfs monologues were great
great story with a great twist (yes i didnt know tetra was zelda till it was actually revealed, feel free to call me stupid)
best explanation (no offence to TP and OOT) as to why link set off on his adventure, i mean in oot and tp it was almost just :you must go on this quest, link: ok, thats fine)

What i like about Wind waker is.
Firstly there is the music,no matter where you go in the game the music suits every particular island.
Like Outset its music is very happy which suits this island as its a friendly island which has lots of families living there.
Link's family beng one of them.

There is of course the exploration side of the game.
This Zelda game sure has loads to explore.
Just look at the Great sea its huge.
Every square has something on it a lot of them are things you will need.

Then there are the amount of sidequests be it collecting charts,treasure charts,trifiorce charts,helping the man on Windfall make his market huge by going between the 3 gorons who you give things to.

Also i love the different expressions Link makes.
When he beats a boss he jumps around like a very over excited kid.

And its got great humour as well.
When they visit the girl who gives you both ice, and fire arrows, she says to link you are just my type.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom