• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors What did you like/dislike about the livestream?

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Just minutes ago, Tokyo Game Show finished off a 45-minute livestream where gameplay and details about Age of Calamity were shown and revealed.

Some things we saw was
* Basics and foundations of gameplay
* The use of runes
* A new trailer
* Impa and her moveset
* The tiny Guardian

Which parts of the livestream did you really like, what left an impression on you? And were there parts of the livestream that disappointed you? Overall, did you walk away from it satisfied?

I can't be disappointed when I knew exactly what to expect.

I was hoping for a little more. The Dragon Quest Heroes games handled hubs and larger worlds well and I feel like AoC would have fit with some of those concepts but we didn't see anything of the sort, so I suppose we're back to Menu City again.

I'm also a little disappointed that Impa looks almost identical to Paya, I was hoping for a cool design but nope. I kind of figured she'd look the same but didn't want her to.

As for everything else, it's exactly what I expected. Everything seems to work as I expected. That's not a bad thing, it's just that I'm not going to be surprised by much of what this game does.

It hasn't damaged my hype at all, but it does feel like I've already played it since I know the story it is telling and know the gameplay on offer.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Got me a bit more hyped than I was before, seeing more gameplay footage this time around.

I love how the sword and bow flow back and forth between use in combat. It looks ridiculously smooth. Sheikah Slate is nice as well. Bombs look awesome.

PayaImpa's moveset looks like a lot of fun to use, with the whole ninja/Sheikah aspect really looking good.

I'm also excited for how the maps seem to be quite a bit bigger than in the other Musou games I've played, but more dense as well. FEW's maps were big, but felt a tad barren by comparison.

A hub world would've been nice, but as long as the maps are as expansive and dense as they look, I'll be happy.

Overall good stream, imo.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Liked:

* Impa's sick moves
* The new trailer
* The use of runes
* Impa's sick moves
* Did I mention Impa's SICK MOVES?
* Maps being big
* Shield surf attack

Disliked:
* Voice acting in the new trailer
* Big versions of enemies looked awkward

Liked:

* Impa's sick moves
* The new trailer
* The use of runes
* Impa's sick moves
* Did I mention Impa's SICK MOVES?
* Maps being big
* Shield surf attack

Disliked:
* Voice acting in the new trailer
* Big versions of enemies looked awkward

Big versions of enemies made me think of the big enemies in OoT that'd show up every so often.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I love everything we've seen. If I have anything to complain about, it would be the use of 3D models for the character portraits during the gameplay. I would have greatly preferred they use the character art for those. I think that would have looked a lot better. That's my only real nitpick, though, and it's just a minor visual complaint. The rest of the HUD looks great.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh boy this got me totally pumped for the game! Is it already release time yet? :P I like everything I saw. Impa looking just like Paya makes sense of course because she's her grandmother. Sick moves indeed :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom