• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time What Did You Hate About Ocarina of Time?

What did you hate about Ocarina of Time?

• Navi

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water Temple

• Starting back from Temple of Time/Kokiri Forest

• Other

• Total voters
Starting back from Kokiri Forest/Temple of Time, although it's not a big problem. And I don't find Navi annoying at all, except in the beginning inside the Deku Tree, when she tells Link how to open a door. :fairy:

Ha ha, that is quite annoying.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
6.) The lag between firing magical arrows.
That's not lag; that was intentional. It was designed to prevent the magical arrows from being overpowered, particularly during the end game. If you could fire them too quickly, you could put down powerful enemies far too quickly.

7.) Lack of emotion for Link. (I understand that it was only the limits of the technology back then, though...)
Again, this is a common design for an emotionless protagonist. The goal is to make the protagonist indistinct such that you can relate to them much easier, and implant your own emotions and experiences to increase the level of immersion in the game. It's been done in just about every single Zelda game.

Hanyou

didn't build that
Nothing. Absolutely nothing. I believe Ocarina of Time was a perfectly-designed game, and I cannot think of a single criticism to level against it. No qualifiers, no exceptions. I love the characters, the dungeons, the sidequests, the main quest, the music, the sound effects, the brilliant visual style, everything.

Call me a fanboy if you like, but it is rare for me to respond to a game this way. It is certainly the only Zelda game I feel that passionately about.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
If you could choose all 3 I would but the having to restart from the Kokiri Forest or Temple of Time if you save outside of a dungeon really annoyed the most.

There were two minor things I didn't like. Again, very minor. Spoilers ahead. Read at your own risk.

1. Before you travel into the future, and start off on the second part of the quest (with the temples and sages and whatnot) starting in the Kokiri Forest. You have no warp songs or horse, so it's walking for you. I don't care if I come back from the future, because then I'll have warp songs.

2. If you draw your bow, then decide you don't need to, no matter what you do, the game will always make you go back to "Bow-Mode" and fire an arrow.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
when u leave koriki forest to see the princess, u arrive to castle town it turns into night

A way to keep that from happening is to roll all the way to the castle. Just be sure you do full speed rolls (by this I mean if you hit A again too quickly he'll only roll at half the speed & distance so it becomes counterproductive) and you'll get to the castle before night hits. It looks a little silly but I do this on that first trip and get to the drawbridge in time to grab both rupees at the top of the chains then slip into the castle before the bridge goes up.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Just these two:

1) Link's expressions when he learns a new song. I honestly can't stand the way he holds the Ocarina in front of him while it glows, and he frowns as if disapproving it. I know this is not true at all, but it somehow makes him appear arrogant, and I don't want an arrogant protagonist.
2) The Carpenter's sons while they're still in Kakariko Village. Seeing those grown men skip around like fops was funny at first, but after awhile it upset the natural flow of the town's atmosphere, making it seem juvenile and asinine. In comparison to Caste Town, or even MM's Clock Town, the people flowed much better with all the bustling people who were occupied by credible tasks. But this really was only on my first playthrough; doesn't bug me as much anymore.

I just can't stand the water temple.

I always get lost and have to refer to a walkthrough which I don't like doing.

tetrafan

Zelda Fan Girl
The Water Temple its a bit of a chore to play through :mad: But Shadow Link is a cool mini Boss and the music in the temple is wonderful :clap:.

Blazestarre

*Insert title here*
Starting from Kokiri forest as a kid, especially before getting the warp songs. Unless your next goal is in the forest, it can take a few minutes to get back to where you last saved. At least you remain in a dungeon if you happen to be in one when you save and turn off the game.

Some of the controls can be annoying. I know that it's limited by when it was made, but I still get annoyed by it. Epona is especially bad. She will only move on flat ground and you have to head to a fence straight on to jump it. Then there's turning, which can be so slow to pull off. There are some enemies that can be annoying to beat, like Armos Knights. I don't mind that you can't use you sword to beat them, it's more that it can be difficult to get a bomb to explode next to them while they're jumping around. There are other nit picky things I have issues with, but a lot of that comes from playing the smoother controls of later games.

Text moves too slow and most of the time you can't speed it up by pressing A. There's not much I can say about that other than say how annoying it is.

I do not find Navi annoying, however. In fact, I ignore her most of the time. Surprisingly, I also don't have a problem with the Water Temple. I actually kind of like it.

Getting to a location as a kid can take a long time as walking isn't very fast. And (as an adult) I think it would have been better if you could ride Epona around in Kakariko Village and DM Trail

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom