• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Did You Do Today/What Are You Currently Doing?

Malia

Passive aggressive custom rank B)
It amazes me how much a simple thank you can change my day.

I run an online store where I customise anything I can paint on--shoes, caps, bags, shirts, you name it--with geeky designs, and as it's the end of the year, it's getting especially busy because people are wanting customised gifts for their loved ones. So while it's been good for money, it's also been really busy, like so busy that I can't take weekends off either like I usually would.

It's not even that I don't like being this busy--it's good! And I count it as a blessing that I can make money off something that I do as a hobby, alongside my regular work. But I've been on autopilot for days that I've barely stopped to take a breather, that suddenly getting a PM from a young girl who I customised shoes for back in August, telling me how much she loved the design and thanking me, just made me pause for a moment and think ... it really is worth it putting in the effort when the other person is happy, you know? I mean, it's also worthwhile getting paid lol, but there's something about seeing people get genuine joy out of that, and knowing they're wearing what you drew/painted while feeling proud of that. It's the uplifting thing for an artist to feel.

So yeah. I'm genuinely feeling appreciated right now. It's nice (:

Here's wishing everyone else here some positive vibes and the best of days~ xoxo.

Went through my ancient Pokemon box (Yes, I do have a collection of Pokemon stuff kept in a box. Don't judge me.) just so I can get rid of the Pokemon plushies and/or figurines I don't want to keep anymore. After that, I got some Little Caesar's pizza.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Finished knitting my Christmas jumpers for my niece and nephew! They love Harry Potter so I knitted them one of those ones Mrs Weasley does, with the first letter of their name in the middle. I wanted to do loads of them for everybody and demand people wear them but there's NOT ENOUGH TIME!!!

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
What? Did you get it on video???

Nah, it was only one meteor every minute or so and my camera is pretty crap so I wouldn't have been able to capture it :(

What? Did you get it on video???

Nah, it was only one meteor every minute or so and my camera is pretty crap so I wouldn't have been able to capture it :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom