• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Did You Do Today/What Are You Currently Doing?

Gemquarry

The Inquirer
Today I did something unbelievable, but I guess kinda nice. I went shopping with my mom today for the first time in forever at walmart, and I was a little bored so I told her I was going to go look at the video games for awhile. And while I was there, I saw a little kid and his father passing through, with the kid talking very casually to his dad. But then as they passed by me completely the kids eyes lit up and he began pointing frantically at this Big Hero 6 figure (in the kids own words "Big 6"). The dad shook his head and told the kid he would get him one when he got a new 'fun' job (a little bit of sarcasm I'm guessing).

I can't really say what it was exactly, but I felt this serious draw to the two and almost instinctively went to them and said (with a bit of nervousness I bet) "Hey, you want that toy over there?" The kid nodded his head and I'm not too sure what the dad looked like at the time. I told them that I could buy it for them if the dad was okay with it. The dad shook his head and of course said no it was fine. But, ugh, I had to insist and I went over and picked the thing up and went down to the checkout with the two (not sure why but my hands and legs were shaking really badly). I bought the toy with my money and handed it back to the kid. The dad told me I didn't have to do that, but I just told him that it was something I wanted to do and then said a quick goodbye to the dad and than the kid and I left hurriedly (I don't know why, I just did).

The figure costed me 30$ dollars which I'll admit is a bit much for a toy, but, I don't know, I felt pretty good about it. And, I was still shaky :sweat:. I didn't tell my mom or my siblings, mostly because I'm worried what they and my twin brother would think (me and him kinda, share money...). But even if they don't know I did it, I know I did. And so does that dad and kid :P.

It all sounds...pretty sappy huh? Ah well, I guess I'm kinda soft in the heart at times...

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Today I did something unbelievable, but I guess kinda nice. I went shopping with my mom today for the first time in forever at walmart, and I was a little bored so I told her I was going to go look at the video games for awhile. And while I was there, I saw a little kid and his father passing through, with the kid talking very casually to his dad. But then as they passed by me completely the kids eyes lit up and he began pointing frantically at this Big Hero 6 figure (in the kids own words "Big 6"). The dad shook his head and told the kid he would get him one when he got a new 'fun' job (a little bit of sarcasm I'm guessing).

I can't really say what it was exactly, but I felt this serious draw to the two and almost instinctively went to them and said (with a bit of nervousness I bet) "Hey, you want that toy over there?" The kid nodded his head and I'm not too sure what the dad looked like at the time. I told them that I could buy it for them if the dad was okay with it. The dad shook his head and of course said no it was fine. But, ugh, I had to insist and I went over and picked the thing up and went down to the checkout with the two (not sure why but my hands and legs were shaking really badly). I bought the toy with my money and handed it back to the kid. The dad told me I didn't have to do that, but I just told him that it was something I wanted to do and then said a quick goodbye to the dad and than the kid and I left hurriedly (I don't know why, I just did).

The figure costed me 30$ dollars which I'll admit is a bit much for a toy, but, I don't know, I felt pretty good about it. And, I was still shaky :sweat:. I didn't tell my mom or my siblings, mostly because I'm worried what they and my twin brother would think (me and him kinda, share money...). But even if they don't know I did it, I know I did. And so does that dad and kid :P.

It all sounds...pretty sappy huh? Ah well, I guess I'm kinda soft in the heart at times...

That was sweet :)

I'm doing nothing because of the heavy headache. Just read a little bit and type a bit

I woke up, took a shower, skipped breakfast, went to the bus, went to school, had my first class at 09:40 which was Italian, lunch and long break, Math and right now History.
After this I will go to a meeting with my choior and the practice some singing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom