• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time What Did You Dislike About OoT

I think my biggest issue with Ocarina of Time involves the time stuff, really.

I loved the child portion and the adult portion. I wish there was more time travel where you would use both. The Spirit and Shadow Temples didn't really seem like enough to me... maybe I'm crazy.

Also, once you become Adult Link, the storyline... I don't know... there's hardly any NPCs to talk to, and it seems almost as if you're doing mindless adventuring... something seemed off with it.

Oh, and of course the final battle sucked as far as difficulty is concerned.

S

Spreeze

Haven't they done that in like ... every zelda game? I'm not sure about AoL, but I'm pretty sure otherwise we've never seen one without that.

Soo ... I guess you'd better just get used to that :)

Although, they could've made it quieter.

Mmm probably. I've only played Ocarina of Time. I've played other Zelda games, but I don't remember them well. ... and yes.. they should make it much more quieter. *ears bleed*

D

Dylan

I used to play OoT all the time, and just got back into it today. I have gotten as far
as the 2nd temple, yet saved it standing outside.

.. The hyrule fields are a tad bland.
.. The first temple was boring.

* Will edit my post with more once I play through the game and refresh my mind of the game. *

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
The thing that botheres me the most, I think, is that Hyrule was supposed to have been turned into a world of Monsters in the future. In my opinion, other than the Market/Ganon's castle, not enough was different.
I want to complain about some of the temple (eg, Fire), but honestly, OoT is the Zelda with my favourite dungeons overall, so I don't fell I should complain.
Dealing with the previous comment, perhaps the child dungeons were bland. Not that I didn't like them, but there was no excitement. Then again, my first time, I found them difficult enough.

That's all I can think of right now. There may be more things to add.

OoT was a great game and I had a blast playing it, even after aging a fair bit (the game was 10 years old when I finally beat it). But it's not perfect. There were quite a few things that bugged me.

The thing that bothers me the most, I think, is that Hyrule was supposed to have been turned into a world of Monsters in the future. In my opinion, other than the Market/Ganon's castle, not enough was different.

Agreed. Hyrule's pretty small in this game, and, despite all his power, Ganondorf only managed to conquer Hyrule Market. Either his powers are really lousy, or he's just too lazy to use them and lets his obviously ineffective henchmen do all the work.

Some other things:

~The pre-rendered backgrounds. It was often hard to see where you were and it just wasn't very immersing.
~The Water Temple. But I think everyone's gonna complain about this one.
~The Shadow Temple/Bottom of the Well. So freaky...but some of it was cool.
~Navi. Good God, Navi! I don't need to be told a door is locked when there are clearly bars in front of it!
~The Peahats. I refuse to wander around Hyrule Field as a child for that reason. Also for the Stalchildren, but that was OK once you got the Bunny Hood.
~ReDeads. 'Nuff said.

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
For the first 3d zelda game, especialy for that console gen, i don't have much to complain.
But still there are minor things that i didn't liked.

That Din's Fire and fire arrow had more effect on more enemies.
And the constant switching with Iron boots.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Hmm...

One of them for me was trying to beat the running man for about 5 hours a day, literally obliterating my social life, before realising its impossible to actually beat him. :(

Also, I've always hated Zeldings ( Zelda Endings ) how you don't get anything special or something.... it just plonks you at your last save point. Thats what I hated about Oot since it my first Zelda game I actually finished. I was at least expecting the Hover Boots to be upgraded to Rocket Boots.....

:P Other than that, Oot was ftw.

HerosDescendant

Link/Starfire.
I don't really have any complaints about OoT, it was great. But the remakes, I have one concern, when you battle Ganondorf and when Ganondorf is changing into Ganon in the remakes, they sped up the cinema. I mean, it was PERFECT at it's normal speed in the original, it made it more suspenseful and epic, like a movie. Also, in the remakes, they don't match the music to the cinema in the credits. Again, it was PERFECT in the original. I would just play the original on my N64, but the game was stolen from me, which REALLY ticked me off, and I don't know of any place that would be selling it nowadays.

And I really don't get why everyone hates Navi.:huh: She was an informative character. She only pointed out the simple stuff because many of the people who played it were noobs. And I think she sounded kind of cute, and besides, she had VOICE ACTING (though to a small extent), something many fans wish to see in a Zelda game. And you know, except for like six or seven times in the game, you can just ignore her "heys". I was pretty sad when she left Link at the end of the game.

Z

Zelda fan 17

I dont like how you can't save once you beat the game it should become happy so you can have fun as an older kid than having to be a little kid to play around :)

And the water temple is a pain in my but it sooooo hard

Last edited by a moderator:

the walrus cat

the walrus who was a cat
OoT has terrible replay value. It's the same the entire time. Never changes. In Majora's Mask, at least there's a decent amount of side quests to do. The only ones I can think of from OoT are the Masks (which I hated, BTW) and getting Epona. I like it when your game experience changes each time you play.
Agreed. I Made a new save file but I got bored after the deku tree. I don't feel like solving puzzles & etc. I've already completed. All of the few side quests are too bland, and if they aren't nearly completely pointless, it only makes the rest of the game a little easier.

H

Hero0fTimeLink

hmmm....well it would have to be that i didnt like the NPCs AT ALL in OoT.in hyrule market they are poinless...i mean cmon you see SAKON the guy who steals things in MM running around in Hyrule Castle Market saying im late for a date...and the NPCs just dont seem active the mostly say the same things all the time and were very boring.gladly they changed that in MM :)

Z

zeldaocarina96

actually the zelda theme is there in hyrule field its just heavily disguised. If you listen closely to hyrule field theme the original overworld theme from LTTP is there.

I disliked the fact that even when you complete the game that Zora's Domain is still frozen over, I would prefer it if you could unfreeze. Other than that though I dont really dislike anything else.

zzRICHzz

own & finished all Zeldas
as my first zelda game i would have to say that it was phenominal and still my favorite.

...but as far as what i didnt like about it ...hmmm

i guess the most common things like the water temple, navi talking too much and she leaves at the end, controlling epona, and no theme music.

so far i agree with everyone else here....

Z

zeldaocarina96

Completing it!

The only thing i disliked about the Ocarina of Time was completing it, then i knew everything. The first time was the best :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom