• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time What Did You Dislike About OoT

Z

zeldaocarina96

bland?

It is very bland, OOT seems very magical and normal to me. It just doesn't have the real original feel a Zelda should (I am not using the first 3D game as an excuse.) The story and the enviroments are just so bland to me that it jsut doesn't make it an all around uber amazing game for me.

why dont you go out and make an Ocarina of Time then?
YOu have to realise that the 3d graphics used in OoT were cutting edge, to create such 3D graphics probably meant they had to sacrifice detail. If you can do better then please do, otherwise think carefully about saying something is bland or not.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
why dont you go out and make an Ocarina of Time then?
YOu have to realise that the 3d graphics used in OoT were cutting edge, to create such 3D graphics probably meant they had to sacrifice detail. If you can do better then please do, otherwise think carefully about saying something is bland or not.

Woah ZO, try not to flame people. You are on the edge of the line. Try to stay above that, and disagree respectively.

I didn't find many things I disliked about OoT, but it was the first game I ever played, and I was six, so i was easily entertained. Back then i could play it 50 times and never get bored. Now I can't pay a game more than twice without getting bored.

My biggest problem is no real reason to collect all gold skulltula tokens other than bragging rights, I have never bothered to get them all.

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
The bosses in my opinion aren't as fun to fight in OoT as they are in TP. For example, Ganon's beast form seemed repetitive to fight because you would just roll under him and slash his tail with your sword

A

Abyss Master

My biggest complaint about OoT is the Ice Cavern. It feels unnecessary and just doesn't do much for me. I do have to say that the mini-boss room was a pretty nice place to meet Sheik, but otherwise it just feels a little un-natural. But it's still okay :P

Immortal_One

Math is power.
Getting the Biggoron Sword was probably the worst fail I had ever had in my video game history. It was mostly due to the controls of Epona, which is really what I'm complaining about xD
It took me about an hour to get through everything, and at the end, I was yelling, my friends were smacking me, and I was embarrassed. I loved the game, and I love Epona, but I hated getting that sword >_>

Well the dreaded Water Temple of course though Morpha was a wuss... But I thought that the castle and Castle Town was underused.. also the couple of places where it looked like you could get to but couldn't bothered me..

But the absolute thing was the annoying people that insisted that the complete Triforce was obtainable without hacks.. And their theories....
I mean how the heck could bombing all the gossip stones and running thirty laps of Hyrule Field then Playing the Song of Storms at exactly midnight have anything to do with the Triforce? And why the heck would this great artifact, said in-game to be in the Sacred Realm, be in a chest somewhere in Hyrule?

Oh and Kaepora Gaebora.. BOOOOOOO!

G

Glipsprog

There were not many things to hate about OOT, but honestly the landmass was, well massive... I wouldn't have minded that so much had there actually been something to look at except grass for half the time while covering the length of Hyrule Field, it really bugged me, it was just a empty plain for the most part. :(

Oh, and with my first post I'd like to officially welcome myself to these forums. :) I can do that right? :P

There were not many things to hate about OOT, but honestly the landmass was, well massive... I wouldn't have minded that so much had there actually been something to look at except grass for half the time while covering the length of Hyrule Field, it really bugged me, it was just a empty plain for the most part. :(

I pretty much agree with this. Probably my most major disappointment with Ocarina of Time was the sheer lack of, well, anything to look or places to explore in Hyrule's main field.
There was the occasional hole or some paths and trees and what-not, but other than that and a few rivers, there wasn't much at all. I would of loved to have seen more trees and hills (or, at least larger ones) as well as more areas to explore. I think it would of been nice to see actual caves and more forest-like areas in Hyrule Field to explore and look at.

T

Tatlfaerie

Ok, i know this is stupid, but i didn't like the fact that you couldn't run around and swing your sword at the same time. There. I said it; stupid right?

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
You know, I think OoT was great, but I do tend to nitpick at multiple aspects of the game. For now, though, I'll only poke at info:

I think what really bothers me is how Nintendo gives us a smidge of information and then neglects to tell us anything for a decade or more. For instance, the whole "reincarnation" thing really became popular after OoT's release because of the Gossip Stone that said that Kaepora Gaebora is the reincarnation of a sage. So, people suddenly assume that Link reincarnates... when, to my knowledge, there has never been any confirmation of that. In fact, it's beed stated over and over that Link is different almost each and every time. ANYWAY! They told us that KP is reincarnated... well, of who? In TWW, we learn that there are other types of sages, so who was Kaepora Gaebora a reincarnation of? THEY NEVER TOLD US. It bugs me to this day.

On top of that, they go into mentioning the Sheikah. The Sheikah guarded the royal family, blah blah blah, and only a few remain. Pretty much in secrecy, I might add. I want the details of this race. I want to know how they came about their skills, exactly what happened to them, and so on and so forth. I mean.... why did they serve the royal family and become the shadows of the Hylians? I want more detailed information about them, especially since they seem so important.

And what about religion? Everybody in Hyrule seems to know of Din, Farore, and Nayru, but some races have their own gods. For instance, Jabu Jabu is the Zora's god. The Gerudo have the Goddess of the Sand... Do these idols have any power? Are they false idols? Are they similar to the spirits in TP? Tiny bits of information like that really get to me, because I feel that detail is important.

And lastly.. is Link really that dense? I mean, c'mon, he was dropped off in the Kokiri Forest as an infant. He had to grow. Surely, even at 10 years old, he'd recall something about growing up. Did he just never realize it? Or maybe he couldn't because the Kokiri might start out in a body that appears very young, and it stops growing at a certain poing. We know that The Great Deku Tree gives life to the Kokiri, but since they don't grow up, are they automatically made to look like that, or do they start a little younger and grow only a little bit? How long is their lifespan? WHY DON'T WE KNOW?!

I know, I know... the information isn't necessary, but over the years we've seen more and more development, and I think if Nintendo would just give us a little more information, then it'd make understanding some aspects of the series a whole lot easier.

They told us that KP is reincarnated... well, of who? In TWW, we learn that there are other types of sages, so who was Kaepora Gaebora a reincarnation of? THEY NEVER TOLD US. It bugs me to this day.

This is something that has bothered me as well. However, since Ocarina of Time was really the big selling point for me in the series (the one that really got me hooked, though I started w/ LA), just from a regular player's standpoint at the time, I thought that it meant KP was the reincarnation of Rauru. Now I've stated this theory on this forum before, and of course the answer I got back was "But Rauru isn't dead... He's just in the Sacred Realm, in the Temple of Light". Well, that all pretty much makes sense, but instead of taking the word "reincarnation" literally, as in they died, now they are born in this form, I took it as Rauru had manifested himself within KP.

Personally, I thought they kind of resembled each other:

1958326922157600.jpg

Zelda Wiki also has a theory section for Rauru which has some good points to support this idea.

http://zeldawiki.org/Rauru

I didn't like that after u beat the ice cavern and the water temple zora's river, zora's domain, and zora's fountain don't go back to normal. That makes me sad because zora's fountain, river, domain looks so pretty.

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
I guess if I really have to say something about this game is that the original Zelda theme is nowhere to be found.

If you listen closely to the Hyrule field theme you can hear resembling music of the main theme.

x-Link-x

c o u r a g e ;
I didn't like that after u beat the ice cavern and the water temple zora's river, zora's domain, and zora's fountain don't go back to normal. That makes me sad because zora's fountain, river, domain looks so pretty.

Yes, this bothered me! I went through all that trouble to save the Zora and what not and then in the end, nothing, the ice didn't melt, and it said that the evil creature in the Water Temple was the cause of it, so naturally one would think that after its gone that the ice would melt. We come back after all that trouble to see....ice still. We didn't save the Zora (perhaps maybe the King and the shop keeper) its still frozen!
I feel like I did that for nothing, I'd say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom