• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds What Did You Consult the Walkthrough for (if at All)?

What Did You Consult the Walkthrough for (if at all)?

• Maiamai location(s)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heart Piece location(s)

• Items/Upgrades

• Dungeon Help

• Other, please specify

• I didn't/Don't plan to

• Total voters

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
While playing this game I was determined not to fall for the temptation to check any guide/walkthrough/help thread. I wanted to figure it out for myself, and for the most part I did (stayed clear of any topic related to this game while playing it). I found all the maiamais, beat every minigame (or so I thought) and treasure area, acquired and upgraded every item (or so I thought), beaten Yuga, so Hero mode had been unlocked, but I had that one lonely heart piece left unaccounted for.

When it wasn't in any of the locations I thought it would be in, I finally bit the bullet and consulted the walkthrough. While I was at it, I also checked the guide for items and upgrades just to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Turns out I was missing three things from reaching 100% completion; the heart piece from the Lorule rupee rush (had played the minigame, but forgotten that I hadn't received any special reward from it), the upgraded bug net (another trip to the Tower of Terror, then), and the red tunic (time to do another search of Lorule Castle - and thankful the guide didn't specify where in the Castle, so it still was mostly down to my own efforts to find it). Finished all three relatively quick, and can now say I have actually 100%-ed a Zelda game (first time ever, lol).

So, what about the rest of you? At what point did you consult a walkthrough/guide or make a help thread? Or did you complete the game all on your own with no outside hint whatsoever?

TatlTails

WANTS HER VMS BACK
I didn't 100% the game, and I was happy with that, but I found all 100 Maimais by myself. I consider that an accomplishment. I bought all the items posthaste, got a good lot of Heart Containers, both tunic upgrades, and even 3 of the 4 Master Ore pieces by myself. That DANG Palace of Darkness kept me from fimding the last one on my own. That's the ONLY THING I USED THE WALKTHROUGH FOR. THAT ONE PIECE OF ORE.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
No need to. The Maimais locations were already revealed to us. The dungeon locations were marked. And the answer to ALL the puzzles were

60%: The ONE dungeon item you have

30%: Merge

2%: Lantern

8%: Bombs/Bomb monster

Maiamais and heart pieces. Oh, and how to get the pegasus boots, that too.

Probably a few more fiddly things, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I feel proud because this is the first Zelda game I beat without consulting a walkthrough for at all! I'm currently working on 100%, and hope to finish without looking at a walkthrough.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Dungeons - No walkthrough consulted
Maiamais - No walkthrough consulted
Heart Pieces - Walkthrough consulted for 1 or 2 pieces
Items - Walkthrough consulted for Mitan Mitts. Not where to find them but if there was a bracelet to lift up these huge rocks and as soon as I saw Mitan Mitts I closed the page and continued playing

I could not get the path to the Boss Door open in the Dark Palace because I had missed the spot to bomb at the very beginning of the dungeon. Rookie mistake, but that was the one time I consulted a walkthrough. I did not find every Mai Mai nor every heart piece, but I intend to go for a 100% run in Hero Mode, and I have a feeling I may need help locating a couple of heart pieces.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Didn't need it. I was rather disappointed that I found everything so easily.

Clank

Hmm
I have just one question for most of the responders in this thread, why are you trying to put Mases out of a job?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I have just one question for most of the responders in this thread, why are you trying to put Mases out of a job?

Mas' job isn't making walkthroughs. If that was the case, he would've been fired a long time ago due to the high demand for video walkthroughs of each game, but very low output. His job lies merely in servicing the site when needed so that it generates traffic which in turn gives him some pocket change every once in a while. Look up several analytic-based sites for more information.
-------------
I did not consult the walkthrough - any walkthrough - for anything in the game. I just completed it two nights ago (yay :)). The game is structured in such a manner that even the people who aren't very attentive can beat it, and there are many checkpoints for help that allow the less attentive people to complete it.

Shamison

Just a simple nobody
For me it was just finding the final master ore in the Dark Palace after beating the game. That I would never if found.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom