• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler What Did You All Think of Skyward Swords Ending?

Well the pedestal where you place the Master Sword is in fact in the middle of Faron Woods, the main location in which the sword is found in later games. I believe that the Hyrule in Oot was built around this resting place. That is the only outcome I can see being plausible.

I loved the ending of Skyward Sword if answered so many questions I had thought before playing the game and questions that developed throughout the game as well. I loved the cinematics and it was awesome.

I enjoyed the ending, especially the fact that it didn't answer much. The ending leaving you hanging is the Zelda tradition, what would a Zelda game be if they just flat out told you everything that happened in detail? The ending is supposed to leave you with questions so you can articulate on the story after you stop playing. Just look at OoT, people are still going nuts over that game's ending, it explained an entire portion of the timeline without actually explaining anything.

I absolutely LOVED the ending! It was so satisfying to watch! I had a rather intense battle with Demise... I had used every last one of my potions and he had me down to my last heart when I finally got him! It was so epic and I felt so proud that I didn't give up, even when it looked like I was going to lose! I didn't even use any cheats which I usually do, so I was proud that I figured it out myself. :)

I have to say that I guessed that the Old Woman and Impa were the same person halfway through during the cutscene when Zelda was put into her sleep. I was never sure, but when I saw Impa with the bracelet on, I was so happy! ^^

I also really liked the credits that showed Zelda's side of the adventures. One thing that I loved about the game was that it never made it feel like it was exclusively Link's trial. The parts when Impa tells Zelda "Remember what we discussed" or Groose's gradual building of the Groosenator were interesting because it made me feel like the story was much bigger than just the part that I had to play as Link. And that's normally how life is. No one person knows every side of something. It made the world seem really big. I loved that about this game. :)

I loved the ending! it doesnt explicitly say anything about the formation of hyrule, the temple of time or what happens next but it does what nintendo does best and leaves things to be speculated and discussed! also Fis goodbye was awesome as was the whole impa is the old lady thing.....sooooo cool! so all in all a really solid ending that leaves the player wondering what happens next but clears everything up!

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I can't say that I was completely satisfied with the ending, to be honest...

The final battle with Demise wasn't like what I expected. I mean, the presentation was amazing and I can see how it would've been so much more effective on me. And just to throw something in, this shot reminds me of a Clint Eastwood spaghetti western for some reason. That was seriously the best set-up for a boss fight I've seen, and it didn't work out like I thought it would for me... it still hit me as somewhat simplistic.

Now, on to the ending itself, I have to admit that Fi finally showing some emotion kinda caught me off-guard. But it was a nice thing to see, I don't think the ending was too vague, since they really weren't gonna give that away that easily. I mean, Nintendo trying to raise more questions than answering them was something that I expected.

Demise's curse stroke me like they couldn't think of anything better, but I do think that idea could've been pulled off better. Maybe because they didn't really make any noticeable build-up to it. I can't help thinking that it was kind of rushed for some reason. =\

The credits... I haven't made up my mind on that. I'm somewhere between thinking that showing the Zelda side of the story showed way too much or that it was a good idea. It didn't make any noticeable impact in my eyes, so I'm indecise on that one.

And the ending sequence kinda left me cold. Leaving Link just smiling after Zelda asked him what he'd do now was an interesting way to finish, but once again, I don't think it was particularly impatcful.

Lol, I guess my reaction to everything was sort of cold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom