• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler What Did You All Think of Skyward Swords Ending?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I am a little confused about how skyward sword ties into ocarinia of time other than the master sword and demise's hatered being reincarnated into ganondorf.It doesn't make sense to me that the master sword was put in the past not the present, and how does it get moved to the temple of time? If any one can clear this up for me I would really appreciate it.

Well the Master Sword appeared in the present time after Link, Zelda, and Groose came back. And it is highly likely that the Sealed Temple became the Temple of Time due to the similar layout and location.

I liked it though it was subtle. I remember the creators confirmed that at the end of the game Zelda would become a Princess - she didn't literally though it was spoken of how the Goddess's bloodline would need to carry on the legacy (and help keep evil/Demise at bay) - Also the spirit of the Hero. The ending let us (the player) come up with how that might happen - for example "Link, what will you do now?"
The Time travel thing, being sealed away, the sealed temple having the triforce - this all goes along with OoT, yes? OoT, I assume, in many many many many years later so of course the landscape is going to change over that time (into the more OoT type of landscape). In other words I'm assuming the sealed temple becomes the temple of time? Even though technically the temple of time was in the desert providence in Skyward Sword - I suppose it isn't the same thing unless the desert reverts back into the forest/hyrule field in OoT which is highly illogical.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I think I agree with the sealed temple becoming the temple of time,but I think it would have to be remodeled. also I just want to say in Oot it said that the sages of old made the master sword and built the temple of time around it.That can't be true since link creates the master sword and since the sealed temple probally becomes the temple of time,than everything zelda told you is not true.the only thing that makes sense is maybe the story changed over the years or the old sages ( from Tp) told zelda they did all that so they would get credit.

Ghirahim

Demon Lord
I'm so confused. o_O I was hoping the end of SS would answer some questions, but all it did was leave me confused!! The fact that there was past/present stuff doesn't help either! :S

D

Darklink517

The Ending Was Epic I Tripped Out When I Found Out That Old Impa Was Actually Young Impa Then When She Disapeared :( I Still Wonder Why Did She Disapear....Must Have Been Old Age Or Something

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
It was an epic ending. My only complaint was that they did not explain a lot of things about Ocarina of Time. As for the Sealed Temple, the Sealed Temple it the Temple of Time. Look at both places again, they look very similar. Not to mention the Master Sword is put to rest there and it put behind a door. Soon the Sealed Grounds became Hyrule and it went around the Temple of Time.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Yeah, like I said, Maybe the sealed temple does become the temple of time,but you have to remember the sealed temple was old and falling apart.maybe they remolded it and that brings up what Rarau said about the sages of old building the temple of time, they didn't actuslly build it,they remolded it and renamed it.that still leaves the whole thing he told you about the sages making the master sword,Its not true due to the events of SS.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I really do think that SS' ending was lackluster. I've experienced it for 25 years of Zelda. Nothing bad happened at all, Link was still on top and he saved EVERYONE ONCE AGAIN. The ending wasn't amazing and it definitely wasn't inspiring to me at all. In regards to Demise's little speech, that still is lackluster and I find it a really boring way to explain Ganon's presence throughout the series. Put a little more pizazz, Nintendo..

D

DeusEx404

I think the ending tied everything together very well. I know some people didn't enjoy it because it was a stereotypical "everything turns out okay" ending, but I think it still tied the whole story together well and the ending satisfied me enough that i didn't really have any problem with it.

I don't know how I felt about the ending. It was pretty basic, but I loved the credits videos.
Somebody mentioned how she became a princess, so here are my thoughts:
Zelda became a princess because her and somebody else (implied to maybe be Link or Groose) stayed on the surface and kick started Hyrule. Obviously, they would be in command, therefore King and Queen. Why all other Zelda's are considered princesses when some of them don't show any hint of having parents anymore is beyond me.
OoT: She's obviously a princess here because she makes reference to her living father still on the throne. As adults, I'm thinking her father is Rarau.
WW: She's pointed out as the descendant of Zelda, but she's only called a princess by the King of Red Lions. Probably out of respect for the bloodline, as the monarchy seems to have died out (or any sort of government, for that matter).
TP: She obviously is in command. She should be considered a queen, but I think there are some royalties of the past (maybe even still) that only consider a woman to be queen if she has a king (which could also explain adult Zelda in OoT). I don't know...
All the others explain themselves pretty well, I believe. Even if it's only hidden in the manual (NES two).

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
It was an epic ending. My only complaint was that they did not explain a lot of things about Ocarina of Time. As for the Sealed Temple, the Sealed Temple it the Temple of Time. Look at both places again, they look very similar. Not to mention the Master Sword is put to rest there and it put behind a door. Soon the Sealed Grounds became Hyrule and it went around the Temple of Time.

How do you know the sages didn't build the Sealed Temple. Remember the Sealed Temple is just the future version of the Temple of Hylia. Perhaps the very very very very old sages built the Temple of Hylia which became the Sealed Temple and then to the Temple of Time.

Why does everyone think that the sealed temple becomes the temple of time when there already is a temple of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom