• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Did the CD-i Games Bring to the Series?

AustinFox33

The Last Kilgannon
You all are probably going to think Im crazy for this, but I was thinking about it earlier, and I actually love what the infamous CD-i games brought to the series. They really created Zelda humor as it is today. How many Zelda inside jokes are from the cheesy cut scenes from the CD-i games? How many times have you just yelled "I cant wait to bomb some dodongos!"? It gave us a chance to laugh at our favorite series for being so stupid, yet it was okay because Nintendo had close to nothing to do with them. So in the long run, Im glad these abominations were made:) Agree? Disagree? Post your thoughts!:D

Um..making an internet meme didn't bring anything to the Zelda series. It simply inspired a whole bunch of youtube poops, and embaressed the series. Ya it had a whole bunch of absurd and funny quotes, but did any other Zelda games have these kind of lines? Nope(good thing too).

I do understand what your saying though. It had alot of halarious moments that people edit into even funnier videoes.

Last edited:

Big Octo

=^)
Did they do anything for the Zelda series? No. To the Internet? Oh yeah. Memes, Youtube Poop, the works.

AustinFox33

The Last Kilgannon
Um..making an internet meme didn't bring anything to the Zelda series. It simply inspired a whole bunch of youtube poops, and embaressed the series. Ya it had a whole bunch of absurd and funny quotes, but did any other Zelda games have these kind of lines? Nope(good thing too).

I do understand what your saying though. It had alot of halarious moments that people edit into even funnier videoes.
I think the reason Im so okay with them is because theyre unrelated. If Nintendo would have made them, it would have just been sad and disappointing; but because theyre not and dont really give a bad rep to the series (mostly just because they dont really count as part of the series) Im okay with them.

I think the reason Im so okay with them is because theyre unrelated. If Nintendo would have made them, it would have just been sad and disappointing; but because theyre not and dont really give a bad rep to the series (mostly just because they dont really count as part of the series) Im okay with them.
Still, I had the Zelda characters, which I hated, but the fact that they weren't made by Nintendo made it not as bad.
I really don't mind them too much, as games, they were terrible, but it did create alot of hilarity, and that was one good thing they made.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
The CD-i games were very entertaining. Sure, the games are bad, the graphics are horrible, and there was... *shudders* voice acting... they were still very funny games! They brought happiness to us in the form of internet memes. What I'm saying is, everything happens for a reason. Think about it, what if the CD-i games WEREN'T made, how do you think that would affect us, the series, the internet, the WORLD!

/randomness.

butterbiscuit

- Do Not Eat -
They didn't bring anything to the series. The brought something to the internet. Something to make fun of. Something to laugh at. Something for collectors to get and play. To the series? No.

KaeporaGaebora

TheOwlSage
They made Nintendo realize that giving Link a personallity is a mistake at this point. I like them, but they are HORRIBLE PIECES OF YOUTUBE POOP!!!

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
Really, it did nothing to the series just embarrassed the characters like: King, Link, Zelda, and Ganon you to be kidding me they made a joke out of Ganon. For Link, I like it better when he didn't talk, for that reason I bet some Zelda fans were embarrassed by their game. Nintendo should have done something about the games really they should have ask for permision to use a game by another company , if they remade the games, some things should improve like, LINK TALKING, Ganon not so messed up,Zelda being able to have the same abilities like Link when going to places but not having to buy them over and over. But really, if they remade the games BY NINTENDO I would like them to fix those things.

As people have already brought up, the CD-i games actually brought nothing at all to the series itself. It only brought jokes and oddness to Zelda fandom. That said, that's still cool, and I totally get what you're saying.

I'm not really unhappy the CD-i games were made. They're kind of bad, don't get me wrong, but when people talk about how horrible they are I think they're severely overplaying the issue. Just the fact that they're bad means... pretty much nothing. It's irrelevant. It doesn't even impact the series considering the CD-i games aren't even a part of it. They're in their own series. So I don't have any issue with the fact that the CD-i games were made, and I can't exactly imagine them not having been made.

CrazyforCuckoos

Purveyor of Cuckoos
Oh_Link_Mah_Boi_by_SuperAirMan.jpg
this.

Garo

Boy Wonder
The thing is though that all of that stuff is done mockingly, not reverently. I don't mock things that I respect. :P

Now if you'll excuse me, mah boi, I'm gonna go bomb some dodongos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom