• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time What Did Navi Do for 7 Years??

navi_the_fairy

Spirit of the Forest
Okay, so after Link pulls the Master Sword, his soul is kept in the Temple of Light for 7 years. My question is, what was Navi doing during this time? It's not like she could have just taken a nap for that long or something. Neither the manga nor the game mention how she passed her time and so I thought I'd ask to see what you guys think.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
The Manga isnt canon, just so you know. ;)

I belive that Navi simply passed out, with Link. She slept the whole time. Either that, or she got out somehow and explored the outside, and watched as Ganondorf gained his dominion over the world.

navi_the_fairy

Spirit of the Forest
Some people view the manga as canon, so I thought I'd check there before I posted. I don't view it as canon though but I thought it would give me some idea lol. I don't think she explored the outside world because she didn't seem to know what was going on outside. She could have slept with Link, but she wasn't the one who pulled the Master Sword so I'm not sure why she'd be asleep too. Could be though lol.

Tael

Fairy
If i remember right Navi says something like: Have seven years really passed?

So I think that her soul was (probably) kept in the Temple of Light as well.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
She was with Link the entire time. Remember, when it shows the cutscene in the Sacred Realm with Rauru, Navi is there, and she even talks and stuff (if i remember correctly).

navi_the_fairy

Spirit of the Forest
I wonder if she slept there or just hung out with Rauru? Oh wait! I know! Those 2 must have been the ones who pierced Link's ear while he was sleeping! If you notice, he doesn't have his ear pierced before he pulled the Master Sword, but he does when he wakes back up lol.

The Shadow

Creature of the Darkness
Well considering Link wasn't exactly just asleep, more like sealed away in the sacred realm, not the temple of time (Otherwise Ganondorf would have busted in there and killed Link in his sleep) anyway I'm sure Navi would have been sealed away as well, she seemed to be just as surprised as Link to find Link as an adult.

Sorry for going off track though but
Why does Navi leave at the end and where does she go to? plus isn't the window closed?

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
Why does Navi leave at the end and where does she go to? plus isn't the window closed?[/SPOILER]
Majora's Mask, the direct sequel to OoT, is pretty much Link's journey to find Navi. In the prologue in the beginning, it says that after Link became the Hero of Time, he went on a trip, a secret trip that only Zelda knew of to find a lost friend (Navi). that also ties into the the ending of OoT when Link visits Zelda and the Triforce on his hand is glowing... but that's an entirely different topic.

And as for Navi and Rauru piercing Link's ears, that may be a possibility. but, the only thing is that doesn't make any sense.

Last edited:

Song of Storms

Blow Curses Away
she made link suffer!!!
like HEY!!!! HEY!!!! HEY!!!! HEY!!!! HEY!!!! LISTEN!!!! LISTEN!!!! LISTEN!!!! LISTEN!!!! LISTEN!!!! for seven years.... poor link
:(

I would guess she was sealed in a way, since she is shocked of link being an adult and says but has seven years really passed, + she travels with link backwards in time later in the game, so why not this time?

the proof that navi goes with link is that if you for example go to kakariko, the monster comes from the well, and sheik teach you the song, and you then go back, navi will ask if you ever played the song sheik taught you, and if navi didn't time travel, she wouldn't be knowing about sheik unless you glitched into the spirit temple :)

I belive that Navi simply passed out, with Link. She slept the whole time. Either that, or she got out somehow and explored the outside, and watched as Ganondorf gained his dominion over the world.

I bet she passed out because just before you find shiek navi says "let's see if 7 years really has passed", thus proving that she wasn't out there as ganon took over hyrule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom