• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler What Did Link Say!? (MAJOR Spoilers)

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
At the very end of the game after the credits Zelda says she wants to stay here on the ground. She then asked Link what he will do. He smiles and looks like he's about to say something when it zooms out. NOOO! What was he going to say "I'm staying with you" or "My home is in Skyloft. Goodbye." Most likely he was saying I am staying with you but it was disappointing that it just ended.

His loftwing leaves, so its implied that he stays with her. After all, he spent the entire adventure re-uniting with her, why not stay with her?

MW7

What DuelMark said is undeniably correct; however, I like to think that Link says "Have a nice life, I'm going to go marry the Item Check Girl." He then proceeds to use a warp statue to go back to Skyloft and never sees Zelda again. The End.

Probably not what Nintendo was going for, but that's how the game ended in my mind.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm guessing that Link stayed with Zelda, there's no other way out of that unless the loftwings will make a return appearance in some later game, though that is somewhat unreasonable in my mind. I sure hope the ending is something totally unexpected, the whole "staying with my girlfriend/princess" story seems too used up at this moment but that's just me.

seahawk1

Guardian of Koholint
It TOTALLY makes complete sense he stays with her. Skyward takes place at the beginning of the timeline, right? Well, to me Skyward seemed like it belonged higher on the timeline with the original and zelda 2, with the "barren-ness" and all. But if Link and Zelda were to stay in the "world of the past", it's almost certain that they'd give birth to OoT/MM Link, thus clearing up SEVERAL timeline problems.

Ballad of Gales

The wind is mine!
What DuelMark said is undeniably correct; however, I like to think that Link says "Have a nice life, I'm going to go marry the Item Check Girl." He then proceeds to use a warp statue to go back to Skyloft and never sees Zelda again. The End.

Probably not what Nintendo was going for, but that's how the game ended in my mind.

I lol'd... but he probably(by that i mean he did) stay with Zelda...

It's just another Nintendoism, "We want the player to come up with then ending they think is fitting". It's why the timeline is always hard to figure out.

MW7

As a film studies student in A levels I find myself looking towards the more cinematic of clues when it comes to things like this. During the game, whenever we see Link and Zelda together or drawing closer for some reason (thinking of the ritual on top of the statue of the Goddess for example) we see their loftwings flying together. The relationship between the loftwings seems to parallel that of Link and Zelda. At one point if I remember right, as we see Zelda 'making a move' somewhat on Link, it briefly shows Zelda's loftwing inching a little closer to Link's.
Just after (or before, whatever) Zelda asks Link what he will do, we see their loftwings flying away together as close as can be. This was clearly an indication of what Link's answer was. Somewhere along the lines of "Of course I will now kiss me!". However I think it's quite nice that the left the answer somewhat open to allow for those who didn't like the idea of Link staying to justifiably believe so.

Wow, that's pretty ridiculously insightful. If reputation wasn't currently disabled, I'd totally positive rep the heck out of that post.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
As a film studies student in A levels I find myself looking towards the more cinematic of clues when it comes to things like this. During the game, whenever we see Link and Zelda together or drawing closer for some reason (thinking of the ritual on top of the statue of the Goddess for example) we see their loftwings flying together. The relationship between the loftwings seems to parallel that of Link and Zelda. At one point if I remember right, as we see Zelda 'making a move' somewhat on Link, it briefly shows Zelda's loftwing inching a little closer to Link's.
Just after (or before, whatever) Zelda asks Link what he will do, we see their loftwings flying away together as close as can be. This was clearly an indication of what Link's answer was. Somewhere along the lines of "Of course I will now kiss me!". However I think it's quite nice that the left the answer somewhat open to allow for those who didn't like the idea of Link staying to justifiably believe so.

Wow!! I did see link's bird flying away which did hint to him staying but I never thought about the birds flying together at the start. I wish I could rank this well if the rep system was not gone. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom