• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Could Zelda Take From Pokemon?

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
A few days ago I created a thread about if Zelda or Pokemon was better. In this thread I am asking you what you think Zelda could take from Pokemon. For me I find that one of my favorite things about Pokemon is choice. However in Zelda you never have a choice that will effect gameplay forever, you have to get from one end to the next following what you are told. What do you think?

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
You always have a choice in Zelda games. Will you get full life? collect all of the bottles? get a certain shield? Make a certain upgrade? Do a sidequest? You still have choices, but no matter what your choices are it will lead to the end of the game. Pokemon is the same. You have many choices but whatever you do will lead to the end of the game.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
You always have a choice in Zelda games. Will you get full life? collect all of the bottles? get a certain shield? Make a certain upgrade? Do a sidequest? You still have choices, but no matter what your choices are it will lead to the end of the game. Pokemon is the same. You have many choices but whatever you do will lead to the end of the game.

After playing a lot of both you can start to see a difference of choice. I'm not talking about getting bottles and stuff I am talking about choosing a Pokemon which will effect the battles and even story of the game. Zelda allows you to get things to make the quest easier but does not make game changing things.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
Ah, I get what you are saying now. Hmmmmm... I remember back when Zelda was more of an RPG (pointing at Zelda II: Adventure of Link) you had a bit more choice. In a recent interview it was said that Skyward Sword would have more choice and be more like an RPG.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
It would be strange if Link got his own battling platform with an enemy on one across from him, and the player had to choose what attacks to use to defeat it. That would be implementing the same RPG-style that Pokemon uses, basically, only with Zelda foes and allies even.

It would be strange if Link got his own battling platform with an enemy on one across from him, and the player had to choose what attacks to use to defeat it. That would be implementing the same RPG-style that Pokemon uses, basically, only with Zelda foes and allies even.

I really hope they never do anything like that. Ever.
I like RPG's but I don't want Zelda to go that route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom