• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Consoles Do You Own?

Clank

Hmm
So, in wake of the recent threads, I wanted to make one of my own, the title mostly says what the thread is, but I also want to know which are your favorite and why?

I also am curious as to how long you spend gaming on each platform on average, is there one console that you play far more than the others?

I personally have,
A NES(only works when a game genie is used)
A SNES(Has some weird issues that I need to work on)
A soft-modded fat PS2 and 2 slim PS2s
One blue Wii(no GCN BC)
And last but not least a PS3

I generally don't spend a lot of time gaming anyway, I haven't touched the Wii since I finished SS, I prefer emulators over both the NES and SNES, I play the PS2 a decent amount. but as soon as I actually buy some games for the PS3 it will likely take over.

The PS2s are personally my favorite, but it is looking like the PS3 will take that spot really soon.

So yeah, tell me about your consoles, would ya?

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Well, I don't own very many of the old ones, I didn't grow up with much money and the ones we did own were usually gotten out the back of some guy's van, more than likely stolen or something and we never got them close to release, I remember getting our PS1 not that long before the release of the PS2. But we made it out alright!

• SEGA Master System
  • Nintendo 64
  • Playstation 1
  • Playstation 2
  • Gamecube
  • Wii
  • Xbox 360
  • Playstation 3
As for my favourite console, that's hard to say. I've probably spent the most time on the Playstation 2 though, that's definitely my most played platform out of them all. Only the last-gen consoles were ones I bought myself, when I actually had money of my own, usually going halfers with my boyfriend, but I had enough to buy a better PC too and tended to stick with that so my gameplay time of the Wii, 360 and PS3 were a lot less than older consoles when I didn't have the PC.

If I had to pick a favourite... it's a toss-up between the PS1 and the PS3, personally. I feel like some of my favourite and most loved franchises and individual games were on PS1, the Resident Evils and the Final Fantasys and the Crash Bandicoots, titles that I'll always look back and love. Even replay from time to time. The PS2 had a lot more quality games but I don't feel the games peaked as good as they did on PS1, though I did love the Jak games and the Metal Gear Solids on it. Funfact, I disliked MGS1 when I first played it; I guess I was quite young and found it a bit difficult. But the PS3 had so many interesting and inspired games like Flower and Journey and LittleBigPlanet being backed up by some epic releases like Demon's Souls, Uncharted, The Last of Us, and more. A lot of more obscure Japanese titles were exclusive to it too, a lot of which I enjoyed. So it's hard to just pick 1.

I think I'll go for the PS1 though. :) I absolutely loved it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
cooooooooooooor I have a PlayStation 4 and an Xbox One and a gaming PC , this is good, I love both my consoles and spend a lot of time with them as they are made with genuine support for the target audience, PlayStation are announcing the new service PlayStation Now which serves eveyr purpose of Streaming to smart tvs, ps vita, psp, ps2, ps3, ps4, and sony smart tvs which is good. as well on the xbox one front we have such things as Entertainment Hub services which is good since many of my cooor mates use the TV in my new dormitory which is not so good but again Xbox One = entertainmen hub = everyone gets some fun with the TV.

i was planning on getting the new peripheral for the nintendo wii but I'm not interested as it doesn't have many games at the moment. i will wait for Zelda Wii however.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
NES
N64
PS2
Xbox
Xbox 360

I've put the most time into my X360, but my favourite system was probably my PS2 followed by my N64 (mostly because nostalgia, yo). Good times.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
SNES
GCN
Wii
PS2 (slim)
And because you didn't make it clear whether handhelds counted or not
GBC (I don't know whether it works anymore though)
3DS

The PS2 is probably my favorite, because so many great memories are attached to it.

Salem

SICK
Not counting Handhelds.
  • NES
  • SNES
  • Sega Genesis
  • 3DO
  • Playstation
  • Nintendo 64
  • Sega Saturn
  • Sega Dreamcast
  • Playstation 2
  • Gamecube
  • Xbox
  • Nintendo Wii
  • Playstaion 3
  • Xbox 360
  • Wii U

-N64
-Gamecube
-Wii
-Wii U
-PS2
-PS3
-Xbox 360

I think out of all the systems I play the most, the PS2 is the go-to system for me (just for playing some of my favorite PS1 games).

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Current:

NES
N64
Gamecube
Wii
Wii U

Previous:

Xbox One (gave it away to my cousin): It was a Christmas present that I didn't want.

PS2 (gave it away to my cousin): Not many games worth playing on it.

N64 (inactive): Yeah, I still own this, but...I can't really use it because my TV is too advanced for it to function. Getting most of its library on the virtual console and getting the rest on an emulator.

SNES (sold in a yard sale): Sold it years ago. The games weren't that great IMO. Thought the NES Marios were better. I thought Zelda wasn't that fun at the time. Wasn't into DKC. Although I did like Kirby Super Star.

Salem

SICK
N64 (inactive): Yeah, I still own this, but...I can't really use it because my TV is too advanced for it to function. Getting most of its library on the virtual console and getting the rest on an emulator.
What modern tv a N64 won't work on?? I've seen one get hooked up on a LED TV.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Sega Genesis
SNES
GBA
GameCube
Wii
3DS

So there you go, not very many at all, and only 1 outside Nintendo. As for favorite, I can't decide between the SNES and GameCube.

Salem

SICK
Actually yeah, I just hooked my NES up to an HDTV a few months ago. You may need a different cable set, but I am sure it should work.
You only need an AV cable which has an input on pretty much most tvs, crts, plasmas, Lcd, etc.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Consoles I've owned in chronological order:

• PS1 (1998) so I was around 4
  • GBA (1999)
  • PS2 (2001)
  • Nintendo DS (2006)
  • Nintendo Wii (2007)
  • PS3 (2008)
  • Xbox 360 (2009)
  • Nintendo Wii U (2012)
  • Nintendo 3DS (2013)

However, I don't currently own all these consoles, some have broke, gotten lost or simply sold. At the moment I only have 6 of these consoles in my possession.

Sega Genesis. That's all. Well, and now I have a 3DS too.

Our household also had an N64 when I was growing up, but it belonged to my brother and now it's buried in the depths of the basement somewhere, I think.

Over time, I got more play out of the Genesis (I still play it every now and then - it works perfectly and I have a ton of games for it). The N64 had cooler games, but even back when I was a kid, there was something about the simplicity of side-scrolling Genesis games that really appealed to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom