• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Consoles Do You Own?

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
  • Nintendo 64
  • Gamecube
  • Wii
  • Xbox 360
  • 3DS

My favorite is the 3DS by far. It has the best library, in my opinion.

Last edited:
NES (Toaster and Toploader)
SNES
N64
Gamecube
Wii
Wii U
Xbox
Xbox 360
PS1
PS2
PS3
Atari 2600
Sega Genesis (2 that are broken)
Sega Dreamcast

And if we're counting handhelds:
GBA SP
3DS XL

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
Going in chronological order of when I had obtained it, I own a...

• Sega Genesis (1995)
• Gameboy Colour (1996)
• Playstation (1997, Slim: 1999)
• Gamecube (2003)
• Gameboy Advance (2003)
• Playstation 2 (2004)
• Wii (2007)
• DS (2008)
• Playstation Portable (2009)
• 3DS (2012)

All of them are in working condition, barring the first Playstation (which is only missing a part that reads the disk).

I spend the most time on my 3DS, considering it has my favourite library of games right now. On occasion I'll play the Playstation 2 if I feel like playing console games, or turn on the Wii to watch something on Netflix or play some games. As for the other devices, they are in a box somewhere, gathering dust.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
all the consoles i could possibly want

Wii [pre-2011 model]
GBA
PS3
3DS XL [Zelderr edition]

I also own a GameCube b/c when we moved into this apartment,there were two GCs left behind,one worked one didn't.Obviously I took the one that worked,so I literally got it for free.I did have my own since childhood but it stopped working ages ago,so I kinda left it behind when I moved.

Reasons why these are all I want:
Wii - the entire Wii & GC library & virtual console
GBA - access to all Game Boy related games
PS3 - of course its own library & PS1/2 titles on PSN [w/ the GTA games on there,just a PS3 will suffice]
3DS - access to all DS related games

so keeping note that plenty classic titles were remade or released for these consoles,I really don't need anything else when it comes to game consoles

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
What modern tv a N64 won't work on?? I've seen one get hooked up on a LED TV.

Yeah, I've been using a combination of GC parts, and one of those converter box thingies...it worked for awhile, but now I have a new TV and it just hasn't been working out. I'm gonna try getting it to work on my computer next. If not...eh, I'll be fine. I still have the games technically.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Atari 2600 (hand me down from my cousin)

NES (mowed lawns all summer in '89 for the $107)
SNES (Christmas '91)
N64 (purchased used in 2001)
GC (purchased in 2007 for Game Boy Player and that i hate playing gc games on wii)
Wii (launch day 2006... a local shop had a short line)

Game Boy (Birthday '90)
GBC (Ebay ~2005)
GBA (Unexpected Christmas gift, 2002)
DS Lite (Imported Japanese model)
DSi (For pokemon trades)
3DS XL

PS2 Slim (super sale)
Xbox 360 (won in a contest)

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Playstation, was a gift around the year 2000, I don't recall much from this time...
Xbox 360, traded in my Xbox (which I got shortly after launch in 2002) sometime in 2007. I have been red-ringed twice and am now on my third system, this time the newer model.
Wii, 2008 gift. Got a second one two years later, for whatever reason.
Gamecube, 2010 purchase. This was mostly for the sake of owning it.
Wii U, 2012 launch day. No regrets.
I did own an NES in 2012, but it, uh... "broke" since then.

As for handhelds, I got a DS lite as a gift in 2007, bought a GBA SP in 2010, and acquired a 3DS as a gift in 2011.

In chronological order:

Gameboy Color
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance SP
Nintendo Gamecube
Gameboy Micro
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DS Lite
Wii
Nintendo 3DS
Wii U
Nintendo 64

My favorite is probably the Gamecube, for nostalgia reasons.

<3 Wind Waker, Zelda Collector's Disc, Metroid Prime 1 & 2, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Sunshine, Melee, RE4, Tales of Symphonia <3

Last edited:

octorok74

TETTAC
I own: N64, Wii (broken), WiiU, Xbox 360, and Xbox One. I'm not sure if it count's but if it does then I also own half of a Commodore 64.

As for which is my favourite, my 360. It will become the One in the future, but since most of my friends are still rocking the 360 it is my favourite. Lots of good times on there and the community for most of the games is nice, not all but most. And the friends really add to the experience too and that is why it is my top pick.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Ones that belong to me personally:

Nintendo GameCube
PlayStation 3
Nintendo Wii
GameBoy Colour
GameBoy Advance SP (that no longer plays sound)
Nintendo 3DS XL

Belonging to the family:

PlayStation 2

Previous:

Nintendo 64 (given away to my sister)
Nintendo 3DS (destroyed because loaned to friend)

We got the GameCube back in 2003. Technically, it was a gift to the family, but it eventually got passed down to me. The PlayStation 3 was a gift from my mom back in 2009. The Wii was a gift from my sister back in 2007. I bought the GBC for $5 a few years ago, merely for collective purposes since I already owned a GBA SP. Speaking of which, my grandma bought the SP about 9 years ago, and then randomly gave it to me! The 3DS was a gift from my mom that I got a little less than 3 weeks ago. :3

The N64 was the first video game console we owned, and also the first that I ever played. Unfortunately, we lost most of the good games, so we just got rid of the system. Most of the games we had, I have now on the Wii VC anyway so... The 3DS was actually a purchase that I made myself after raising a lot of money. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of loaning it to my friend, who "accidentally" let it get run over by his dad's truck... At least I got my money back for it!

The PS2 was a gift from a different sister. It used to belong to them, so they gave it to us!

Out of all of these, I think I would have to say my 3DS is my favourite console. For various reasons, though the main one is the library and the amount of features the system has. I never get bored playing it! Excluding handhelds, my favourite is the PS3. It also has a great library, and I can play online with friends... for free!

I play the 3DS most... excluding handhelds, I play the PS3 the most. Even though I hardly ever touch my consoles. The last one I played was my PS3, about 2 weeks ago.

Salem

SICK
Having an emulator doesn't count, does it?

Yeah, I've been using a combination of GC parts, and one of those converter box thingies...it worked for awhile, but now I have a new TV and it just hasn't been working out. I'm gonna try getting it to work on my computer next. If not...eh, I'll be fine. I still have the games technically.
So the regular AV or RCA connectors don't work, I swear to God they worked on my modern TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom