• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Console(s) Will you Get This Generation?

What Console(s) Will U Get This Generation?

• WII U

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PS4

• XB1

• Total voters

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Okay, now I really don't get the XOne hate :/

Personally, I'm going to wait. I'm going to save first and foremost for a better gaming PC, and then decide on the Ps4 or Xone in about a year or two. Why rush into things?

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General

reggie-fils-aime.jpg

Think of Generation 7. A lot of people were on the bandwagon for the Xbox 360 because it was cheaper than the PS3 which was 600 bucks when it was going to launch. Plus the 360 came out a year earlier and was going to have a lot of the same games as the PS3 anyway since people would build on what can be made for the 360 and just port it over.

The Xbone has done nothing but shown that it's going to also be an overpriced console with a lot more restrictions. Sure they mentioned they were going to ease up on them, but they don't have a lot going for them right now to justify purchasing one as soon as it comes out. The PS4 has shown itself to be the better alternative with just as much power and less restrictions.

It doesn't help, also, that Microsoft has also been dealing with terrible PR with insulting their fanbase.

No. Of course not. If you're okay with Micro$oft watching and listening to you through Kinect, then sure. Purchase the Xbox One. You have the right to as a consumer.

I still don't get this. Microsoft might have said that their new Kinect won't do that and while I don't see a reason in believing them, I have no idea why this is a big thing to focus on. If you don't want them watching you, put a towel over it. :V

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
If you're okay with Micro$oft watching and listening to you through Kinect, then sure. Purchase the Xbox One.

tin-foil-hat.jpg

Do people have a similar problem with phones being able to track you even when turned off? Or people being able to track you through IPs? Siri recording and saving your voice?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Do people have a similar problem with phones being able to track you even when turned off? Or people being able to track you through IPs? Siri recording and saving your voice?
That's not the problem. Phones are communications devices. A video game console is merely a source of entertainment, not another venue for people to know what I do in the bathroom, if/when I'm naked, et cetera. Just because it happens elsewhere does not justify it happening everywhere...or even anywhere.

Big Octo

=^)
Is the title of this thread some sort of subliminal message...

Well, anyway, I think I'll shoot for the PS4 first. Even after E3, I'm still not too hyped for the Wii U. Zelda U will probably so the trick. Furthermore, I can play all my favorite third party releases on the PS4, as well as some exclusives for that. Xbox One... I'll just forget about that.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
That's not the problem. Phones are communications devices. A video game console is merely a source of entertainment, not another venue for people to know what I do in the bathroom, if/when I'm naked, et cetera. Just because it happens elsewhere does not justify it happening everywhere...or even anywhere.

It is the exact same thing. It's a privacy concern, and it doesn't matter if its a phone or a video game console. I'm in the same boat as you, it sucks and there should be a physical off-switch. But fear-mongering over it is a different deal entirely.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'm not sure if you meant buying the part for or buying a pre-built gaming PC. Because you should NEVER BUY A PRE-BUILT GAMING PC!!! Evil corporations like Alienware charge ridiculously HIGH PRICES for gaming desktops. The hardware that they contain only sell for about $700, yet they have the guts to try to sell it to you for MORE THAN DOUBLE THAT PRICE! And worse of all, they always SKIMP ON THE GRAPHICS CARD!!! The most IMPORTANT part of a gaming PC and they don't even put a good one in. So that $1400 PC you bought WON'T EVEN RUN NEW GAMES ON MEDIUM SETTINGS because the graphics card is MISMATCHED for the hardware, while a CUSTOM-BUILT SYSTEM for $700 can run the game on MAX SETTINGS! You should ALWAYS BUILD FOR SCRATCH as it costs half as much for the same hardware.

Alienware and other overpriced gaming PC manufactures, you're a DISGRACE TO GAMING!!!

Obtaining parts isn't too expensive (only around $300 more than the Wii U Deluxe really)...but I'm also very lazy. That and if I DO get a PC, it's likely not for building but for looking up information for school and stuff like that. Gaming on a PC just isn't my thing because of disabilities, general dislike of the game communities that I'm "part of", and the fact that I can ill afford $600 for something I'm rarely going to use. If/when I DO get a gaming PC, it won't be to enjoy graphics of a game, modding capabilties, or anything like that. It'll be solely for emulation and MMORPGs, and even then I'm likely to be playing very few games and only on mid-to-low settings.

As for pre-built PCs, I don't trust Alienware/most PC builders for three reasons:
1) They're too flashy...
2) I don't like their brand logo
3) Price is too high, don't care about the innards but the price is daunting.

Yeah I know those reasons are really shallow but that's just me.

Although I remember visiting this site whose name I forget that would build your PC for you, not sure if they shipped it in pieces or prebuilt for you though.

Not sure that matters. My 360 has lasted me since 2006. Some people were unlucky, but PS3s were just as likely to brick. And even Wiis.

PS3s and Wiis had a MUCH lower failure rate than 360s...I don't have the stat sheet with me, but this was some of the news that blew out from '06 through to '10. RRODs pretty much everywhere. YLODs weren't OMEGA RARE but they happened a LOT less than RRODs. Really though, that's irrelevant information. What I want to know is what sort of hardware failures we might experience with PS4 and XONE. Will we have anothe RROD/YLOD fiasco again? Or will they make their consoles with quality materials this time around?

Really though, that's irrelevant information. What I want to know is what sort of hardware failures we might experience with PS4 and XONE. Will we have anothe RROD/YLOD fiasco again? Or will they make their consoles with quality materials this time around?

That's why I'd be super cautious about throwing down 500 bucks on a console that'll brick easily and take all my games with it.

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Hmm? Am I being persecuted here?

Halo definitely justifies a console purchase. There are some other decent games too, but I mainly care about Halo.

Keep in mind its made by 343 not Bungie any more.

---------------------------------------------------------------

As for me, it'll depend greatly on what I can or can't afford.

3DS/ PC upgrade are on my list before a main console

Perhaps the Wii U in time.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
That's why I'd be super cautious about throwing down 500 bucks on a console that'll brick easily and take all my games with it.

If I remember correctly, Don Mattrick came out with a statement earlier today saying that the XONE completely reversed all of that, and that we can play our games using discs just like with the Xbox 360. But, I don't know much about it as the console isn't even out yet, so he may be lying/not telling the whole truth.

If I remember correctly, Don Mattrick came out with a statement earlier today saying that the XONE completely reversed all of that, and that we can play our games using discs just like with the Xbox 360. But, I don't know much about it as the console isn't even out yet, so he may be lying/not telling the whole truth.

Yeah, I know about that. But whose to say they are or are not lying about that to save face and then just reintroduce it down the line.

It's just because of Don Mattrick and a lack of faith in the community that makes me want to play everything but Xbone and Country. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom