• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Chores Do You Help Out With?

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Yeah, that's right, there must be some kind of chore(s) you help out with around the house. Which one or which ones are they?

Me? I do all kinds of stuff around the house. I mean, not only do I help throw the trash out, wash the dishes every now and then, but I also find myself mowing four yards at times, ( I get paid :P ) and I also help feed and water some pets that my family has; cats and dogs.

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
As far as cleaning goes, my siblings and I each have a dish day, I vacuum all the rugs, and I also clean the upstairs bathroom every third chore day. I have four siblings, so you could say that there is less because it's work divided among us, or you could say that there is more of a mess to clean because there are more of us. :P

As for other misc. help, I cook regularly (Usually dessert, however I help with meals as well.) and every fourth time the bird's cage needs cleaning I clean that. I sometimes end up pulling weeds, moving dirt, or gardening, but I might end up helping out with misc. things inside instead. (Cleaning out computers, getting rid of cobwebs, organizing boxes and other junk we don't need but still keep...) Overall, it's not bad. :)

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I wash dishes, feed pets, take out the garbage, do my own laundry, and declutter. I sometimes cook as well, usually things like rice and pasta.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I never had chores, and I'm glad. I always feel that, if the parent wants to teach responsibility, give the kid a pet or tell them to find a job. Household work, in my opinion, is the duty of the parents. Kids should be kids, not help the parents take care of the house. To me, it seems like giving a kid chores is just the parents being lazy. Of course, some kids just like to help out of their own free will, and that's cool. I never had chores, and I turned out much more responsible than other kids I knew.

My roomie had chores when he lived with his parents. He did dishes, took out the trash, fed the dog, mowed the lawn... and he turned out to be lazy and irresponsible. So, I don't quite see how chores do anybody any good....

SO! I never had any "chores". Now that I'm grown and live on my own, I have the regular responsibilities. Laundry, dishes, vacuum, feed/water the cat, water the plants... all that junk.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
1. I do my own laundry.
2. I'm in charge of loading and unloading the dishwasher.
3. I feed the dogs. It's not something my parents tell me to do, but I obviously do it or else my dogs would parish..
4. I'm supposed to clean my room but.. I.. Don't really.. I haven't since Christmas and it's almost August! When I do it though, I do a very thorough job and it takes the ENTIRE day. I even go as far as organizing my DVDs by color.
5. I ALWAYS have to put groceries away. This might not sound like much but it takes at least an hour. My parents don't grocery shop for about a month and then spend like $500 on groceries. We have 2 fridges and I usually can't even fit anything by the time I'm done. I have to take everything out and rearrange it strategically so that everything can fit. It's even worse for the freezer.

I used to have to chop firewood and I got an allowance from that but I quit because of my irrational fear of bugs. There were a LOT of bugs crawling all over the wood.. :(

Beeker

Wild Card
I have a few chores. They mostly consist of gathering dishes around the house to load in the dishwasher and feeding the cats. Cleaning wise, I'm always reminded to clean my room. Which is something I should be doing right now,it needs a good cleaning. And anything around the house that is mine and is out of place, I'm asked to put away.

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
Oh, I do many, MANY things.

. House video game tester
. Food taster (You never know when someone might poison your mum's chocolate)
. Cat petter (Gotta keep her fur silky smooth :D)

And much much more.

I'm thinking of reporting my parents for child labour T.T

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom