• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Changes to the Series Would Ruin Zelda for You?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I would hate about mostly every game: Taking the Fantasy away and making the game more realistic. either Graphic wise or gameplay wise.

sailorgirl221

What a fearsome beast!!
for me, if they took out link and called it the ledgend of zelda but no zelda. and if there weren't multipule races in the kingdom. also the dungeons and the puzzles in them, and the story line god i hope they don't change it tooo to much lol..

If they made a current day Zelda. You know with tvs, cars, computers, replaced the sword with a gun. That would be a nightmare!!!

I wouldn't consenctrate so much on the goddess(es) in the series if I could make changes.

1. If link was a girl
2. If zelda was a boy
3. If they began using guns
4. If you had to go across Hyrule (or current game location) on foot without any shortcut transportation
5. If the music was metallic
6. If there was only one profile to save on

Last edited:
A first person Zelda would deter me greatly. Also voice acting. I'm not one to be a fanboy and to say "change in zelda bad voice acting bad", but I truly hate voice acting in almost all video games. There's only a select few where I think that it's done well and doesn't bother me.

H

HarvestMoonGod

Change Will be in the present time period, a More annoying partner, and maybe voice acting

Big Octo

=^)
I like to be atypical with most responses here. I believe that voice acting would improve the games (It more than widely would), and that primitive guns are not implausible for the series. Furthermore, it should be known that the series has no distinct or single time period, as demonstrated by PH and ST, so it confuses me why people still worry about that. To make it sound simple, changes to to dynamics wouldn't be terrible. But for changes to static content, that's something different.

I recognize that there are things that shouldn't or cannot be changed, which I defined as static. Link being the first example that comes to mind, it's been demonstrated that over the 25 years of Zelda, not much has changed for him, and for a good reason. By now, changing his gender or something along those lines would be completely out of the question, as for other static examples, removing Ganon or the Triforce from the plot is a no-no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom